134 replies to this topic

#91 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

I can understand if people don't want Yakupov doing it again until another truly big moment (i.e. Playoffs), but how can you rag on the kid. This is the kind of emotion fans want to see and it's great to see a young talent with the enthusiasm Yakupov has. He'll be a household name all over the NHL in no time.

#92 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

I find it funny how some people have a problem with it, your not allowed to show passion and excitement after you score? Especially in a situation like that.

The NHL would be a lot more fun to watch if players showed some excitement like in soccer when they score.

There's so much drama with this sport it's ridiculous. Lockout, celebrations, ban fighting!?!?, concussions, etc..

If celebrations like that bug some of the players so much don't let them score! It's part of the game, or atleast it was, when hockey was actually good.

Luckily the vets haven't sucked his soul dry yet...

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#93 dubldigit

dubldigit

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

The difference Yakupov was excitement Ovie is arrogance...

#94 naslundfan921

naslundfan921

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

The difference Yakupov was excitement Ovie is arrogance...

How does one determine that...You could say that Ovechkin was just excited over scoring 50 goals when he did "hot stick"

#95 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Yakupov scored the equalizing goal with a few seconds left vs LA. It came a few seconds after an Oiler goal was disallowed.

What do you think, is the celebration over the top a la Ovechkin's antics or just part if the youth movement in the NHL.

Discuss !

If this is a prelude to flamboyant Soccer style celebrations then I hate it.

0au3Jj.gifhuntersmalll.jpg

#96 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

How does one determine that...You could say that Ovechkin was just excited over scoring 50 goals when he did "hot stick"

Hot stick seemed premeditated. Yakupov's was just pure excitement....in my opinion.
Posted Image

#97 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,998 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

I find it boring when players celebrate like Markus Naslund...It looked like his dog died every time he scored a goal.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#98 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,117 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

That was an awesome celly.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#99 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,481 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

I'm trying to enjoy the thread without the thread police coming in and spamming it with their crap about how they don't approve of the thread. You're crying over the internet. Get real.

And your not doing the exact same thing by replying to me?

zackass.png

#100 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

I think it was great. Clearly he wasn't doing it to mock the other team. It was just pure, unbridled and genuine joy that he scored. The guy plays with a lot of passion for the game. I think it's a good thing.

RIP LB RR PD

#101 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

^^

#102 Tokasmoka

Tokasmoka

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Hated it, game 4 of the regular season and it was a tying goal. Get real, I love celly's as much as the next guy but come on it was a game tying goal. Way over the top. You bet a coach, GM or the captain had a word with him after the game.

#103 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,804 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Hah, at least it was a first goal against the Kings... Instead of against us from the last game!

Nobody wants a #1 Draft pick rookie score his first goal against them and it will end up all over on NHL.com

#104 Keslerific

Keslerific

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Justified

Off season Kesler:
- Zamboni driver
- Save-on-foods grocery boy
- Tim Hortons worker
- Referee

- Ducks merchandise cashier

#105 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Nothing wrong with it. He plays with a hunger to score that is Ovechkin like. Speaking of Ovechkin he just doesn't look as explosive as he used to be in the past.

Don't know if that's wearing down physically. Or just losing his desire. Or perhaps he doesn't work hard enough in the off season. Ever since 2010 he seems like he has plateaued.

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#106 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,998 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Nothing wrong with it. He plays with a hunger to score that is Ovechkin like. Speaking of Ovechkin he just doesn't look as explosive as he used to be in the past.

Don't know if that's wearing down physically. Or just losing his desire. Or perhaps he doesn't work hard enough in the off season. Ever since 2010 he seems like he has plateaued.

He's off the roids. There's no way he can lose that much speed and power in his skating and shot that fast imo. Seems like ever since the Caps got accused for steroids Ovi and the team started going downhill...

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#107 blaise

blaise

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

With how badly the Oilers were getting dicked by the refs in that game, scoring a tying goal (that counted) with that little time left totally called for a ridiculous celebration.

Finally someone who saw it as it was.
GO CANUCKS GO

Posted Image
Posted ImageRIP Demitra, Rypien and lokomotiv team Posted Image

#108 Green Building

Green Building

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

I don't believe that this thread has enough ground to stand on for much longer. Drdeath is right; under the circumstances he had every right to be that excited. If he does it after scoring in the first period of a game, or if the Oilers ever have a 5 goal lead late in the 3rd, then that would be an entirely different story.

As a hockey fan in general, I was watching the game when he scored, and I was genuinely happy for the guy.

#109 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Why are you guys even giving this clown the satisfaction of posting here? The topic will clearly get locked, and this troll will have accomplished his goal by making you believe this is something worth talking about.

Mods, please close thread. As my esteemed colleague said, and I agree with him, topic not worth talking about. :rolleyes: Not really a big deal as never really discussed in either TSN or Sportsnet and radio stations after last night.

Edited by Mr. Reputable, 25 January 2013 - 10:25 PM.

Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#110 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

And your not doing the exact same thing by replying to me?

Same response again? Alright. Move on.
Posted Image

#111 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

He's off the roids. There's no way he can lose that much speed and power in his skating and shot that fast imo. Seems like ever since the Caps got accused for steroids Ovi and the team started going downhill...

He's actually put on a considerable amount of weight since he entered the league at around 220 and I'm pretty sure he was up around 240 in the past, now he's listed at 230 . I'm sure his party boy lifestyle doesn't help. When he is not training properly in the off-season and not focused.

His skills haven't just eroded all of the sudden. He is too predictable though and teams have figured him out. He needs to learn how to adapt like Kovalchuk and use his line mates and try to add some new moves instead of the same toe drag going down the left wing past the d-man and then shooting through his legs that used to work for him.

Edited by Terry Crews, 26 January 2013 - 01:56 AM.

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#112 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

At least he didn't pull an Anisimov.. Now that was stupid.

Posted Image

#113 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,985 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

Who the hell cares.

I'm just glad this will be off TSN and Sportsnet in a few days. It's pissing me off.
Posted Image

#114 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

That sounds like an intersting theory. Any links to that stuff? I'd like to learn more.

Who the hell cares.

I'm just glad this will be off TSN and Sportsnet in a few days. It's pissing me off.

Apparently you care then.

#115 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,985 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

That sounds like an intersting theory. Any links to that stuff? I'd like to learn more.

Apparently you care then.

Nope
Posted Image

#116 Johnny Shotgun

Johnny Shotgun

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Just another Russian hot dog. Once he establishes himself in Edmonton as a top notch player he'll morph into a moody/sulky Russian demanding to escape Edmonton for more rubles.
No one escapes my blast!

#117 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Sure, selfish celebrations are fine. I mean, he did go Coast To Coast on that goal.....It was ALL HIM BABY........AND it was the Stabnley Cup winning goal, too!!! Obviouslly it is understandable!!!
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#118 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,026 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

What is the NHL? The NFL? If a guy wants to celebrate a goal, so be it. Just be able to accept the consequences if a defender staples him into the boards after it.

I have a bigger issue with guys being hit by a clean body check and then his teammate goes in to drop the gloves over it.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#119 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

I have a bigger issue with guys being hit by a clean body check and then his teammate goes in to drop the gloves over it.

You watching Avs and Sharks too? :lol:
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#120 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,998 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

http://sportsillustr...oids/index.html

Who knows, it could be he just got too predictable and stopped training as hard, but I'm sure he would of put up more points or goals atleast in the KHL if it was just a matter of predictability....

Edited by TheGame., 26 January 2013 - 03:57 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.