The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

One Canucks trade you'd take back/redo.

MashedBananas

Bure is the trade that I hated the most, but there are other trades that hurt this team more (Jovo had some great years with Vancouver and Bure had to retire early).

Cam Neely would be the trade that hurt this team the most IMO.

Other bad trades- most of the trade deadline deals when draft picks were swapped for these gems: Geoff Sanderson, Martin Rucinsky, Brian Smolinski, Keith Carney, Brent Sopel, and Eric Weinrech

I never would of let Naslund finish of his last season in the NHL in New York... That was a weak move. He could have easily moved down the line up as Linden did (After we got him back, which he shouldn't have been traded anyways) At least we retired his number though, could of been a lot worse. Bure? Just as bad, if not worse. :picard:

EDIT: I'm not completely hating on the Linden trade though, we did get to see Bertuzzi in his glory days after all.

BIGGEST, MOST UNDERRATED CANUCK MISTAKES OF THE PAST TEN YEARS:

1. Steve Kariya was dumped for Mikko Jokela! WHAT A JOKE! We hate young talent1!!

2. We traded the pick that ended up being Goligoski for a few games of Johan Hedberg! Golly that stunk!

3. We let Brian Burke go for nothing! What a no-nuts move that was!

4. We lost out on Fedor Fedorov when we dumped him for Josef Balej! Goddamnit that guy turned into a popular icon!

5. We dumped Clouts for picks that wound up being garbage! He had heart and we threw him in the trash!

6. Jason King! AGAIN we dump young talent! We traded him for Ryan Shannon, who we dumped later! WE HATE YOUTH!

7. Krajicek! That guy had top-4 offensive upside and keeping him meant we didn't need Ehrhoff! But we dumped him for O'Brien the Boozey McGee! Was No-Nuts high!?!

8. Daniel Rahimi and Patrick White both had untapped upside! Why did we dump them for Ehrhoff when Ehrhoff turned around and screwed us!?! Time to keep our youth, dammit!

9. Matt Schneider had veteran experience! We need that! But we dumped him for a pick that became Alex Friesen, bust!

10. Even Oberg looked like a future star! We dumped that young talent for Higgins the semi-retired bum!

11. Ditto Joel Perrault, who we ditched for Lappy the no-talent Hack!

12. SHIROKOV! Why on God's green earth would anyone trade that stud for Mike Duco? Mike Duco!?! NOT A HERO LIKE SHIRO!

13. Sturm and Sammy were both vets with playoff experience and GUTS! Booth hunts bears and sheep! BOOOOOOOO!

14. Pahlsson was a washout that we gave up picks and prospects for. All those prospects will become stars and all Pahlsson did was become Kopitar's puck pal in the playoffs. Speaking of Kopitar... KOPITAR!!! Why God Why did we not draft him!?!

With the Ballard trade I believe Gillis said the guy they wanted in the first round of that draft was taken. That makes me wonder who it was they wanted and who they would have taken had they not traded it. They don't draft much from the WHL, they like many aren't big on Russians and with Schneider and Lack I doubt they would have went for a goalie. So either Charlie Coyle or Brock Nelson could have been possibilities.

I'm sorry...it's virtually impossible for me to keep a straight face typing this reply because I'm laughing my ass off at the center part of your signature. I get the gist of what you are saying though. Guess I'm just thinking out loud because I'm envious of what he became once the Isles picked him up.

With the Ballard trade I believe Gillis said the guy they wanted in the first round of that draft was taken. That makes me wonder who it was they wanted and who they would have taken had they not traded it. They don't draft much from the WHL, they like many aren't big on Russians and with Schneider and Lack I doubt they would have went for a goalie. So either Charlie Coyle or Brock Nelson could have been possibilities.

You haven't seen that before? Had it since the 2011 playoffs; I modified it from one of the main Canucks bloggers (forget which one I got it from). I get so many people messaging me that I'm an idiot since it was obviously the Japanese that bombed Pearl Harbor, or that they're offended that I'm comparing the Germans to the Japanese (?!).

Anyway, on Grabner I think we all wonder what would have happened had we been able to keep him some way, especially considering the abuse Raymond gets around here. Hopefully Raymond continues to play well!

Archived