Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MashedBananas

One Canucks trade you'd take back/redo.

118 posts in this topic

Bure is the trade that I hated the most, but there are other trades that hurt this team more (Jovo had some great years with Vancouver and Bure had to retire early).

Cam Neely would be the trade that hurt this team the most IMO.

Other bad trades- most of the trade deadline deals when draft picks were swapped for these gems: Geoff Sanderson, Martin Rucinsky, Brian Smolinski, Keith Carney, Brent Sopel, and Eric Weinrech

both linden and neely trade up there

I never would of let Naslund finish of his last season in the NHL in New York... That was a weak move. He could have easily moved down the line up as Linden did (After we got him back, which he shouldn't have been traded anyways) At least we retired his number though, could of been a lot worse. Bure? Just as bad, if not worse. :picard:

EDIT: I'm not completely hating on the Linden trade though, we did get to see Bertuzzi in his glory days after all.

With the Ballard trade I believe Gillis said the guy they wanted in the first round of that draft was taken. That makes me wonder who it was they wanted and who they would have taken had they not traded it. They don't draft much from the WHL, they like many aren't big on Russians and with Schneider and Lack I doubt they would have went for a goalie. So either Charlie Coyle or Brock Nelson could have been possibilities.

Very true, not only did these players play terribly, we will never know the opportunity lost from those draft picks.

Not so much a trade but reading about Willie Mitchell not re-signing makes me regret we lost Christian Ehrhoff.

I'm sorry...it's virtually impossible for me to keep a straight face typing this reply because I'm laughing my ass off at the center part of your signature. I get the gist of what you are saying though. Guess I'm just thinking out loud because I'm envious of what he became once the Isles picked him up.

With the Ballard trade I believe Gillis said the guy they wanted in the first round of that draft was taken. That makes me wonder who it was they wanted and who they would have taken had they not traded it. They don't draft much from the WHL, they like many aren't big on Russians and with Schneider and Lack I doubt they would have went for a goalie. So either Charlie Coyle or Brock Nelson could have been possibilities.

Mike Gillis made me spend $240 the day before Hodgson was traded. I demand MG to give me $240.

jokes aside, as many have said earlier, the Grabner trade.

More recently, probably the Keith Ballard trade.

Gave up our first + Grabner (Bernier too, but not much of a loss)

Players that were still available at pick #25:

- Evgeny Kuznetsov

- Quinton Howden

- Emerson Etem

One of the best trades.Trevor Linden got us Todd Bertuzzi and Bryan McCabe. Bertuzzi became Roberto Luongo, which will become who knows. McCabe became on the Sedins.

You haven't seen that before? Had it since the 2011 playoffs; I modified it from one of the main Canucks bloggers (forget which one I got it from). I get so many people messaging me that I'm an idiot since it was obviously the Japanese that bombed Pearl Harbor, or that they're offended that I'm comparing the Germans to the Japanese (?!).

Anyway, on Grabner I think we all wonder what would have happened had we been able to keep him some way, especially considering the abuse Raymond gets around here. Hopefully Raymond continues to play well!

The worst trade the team DIDN'T make was sending Mark Messier to anyone that would take him for the biggest bag of Lay's Potato Chips.

Some people are stupid. :P I recognized the satire but as far as I remember I hadn't seen it before your sig. haha.

throwing in sulzer in the coho kassian trade looks like a mistake. been watching buffalo games and hes pretty damn good he might not fit on the roster now but he sure would look good if we end up buying out ballard.

also does anyone here remember the MATT COOKE trade that guy was the heart and soul of the team we traded him for matt pettinger although i do enjoy seeig my favorite canucks leaving to get a cup as they wont get one here