The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Size DOES Matter - Subway

Wetcoaster

In these cases however, the cost associated with the litigation and the fallout outweigh any benefit gained from the outcome of the suits.

While there are legal steps to do... zZzZzZz... Whatever, it's apparent that there is still a lot of waste made by the way things are in the current system.

There have been solutions to the waste problem proposed in various forums. Of course, you'd be hard-pressed to find people who benefit from the waste, like lawyers, who would agree that something needs to be done about the waste.

That doesn't change the fact that the waste is still there.

I agree - there are many uninformed people out there that do not understand the system and how it actually operates. The point is these are often minority or individual rights that are being protected which means the majority is the group from which protection is required.

In many of these cases (as with human rights) specialized tribunals have been established so that court resources are not an issue.

As far as wasteful litigation the courts have rules to dismiss frivolous cases that have no basis and to penalize the offending Plaintiff with costs and there are also provisions for pre-trial hearings and conferences, summary trials and hearings in Chambers to refine cases so that only matters which are in fact in issue are before the courts.

As I pointed out in the case of consumer fraud, in BC the Director has the discretion and power to take over cases and proceed criminally as well as civilly. At the end of the case the Director can seek a court order for compensation for consumers in addition to any financial of penal penalties imposed.

If a business is profiting by committing illegal or unlawful acts, then the major goals are to modify such behaviour and provide compensation to an aggrieved party or parties. I am sure that you can agree that is a good thing.

I went to the South Surrey Subway to see infact if they lived up to thier claim. I went home and measured it ... 12inches exactly. Then i measured the sub and it was 12inches also.

The bread is the only thing i like from there. I felt like opening up a place called Quizway's by combining Subway's bread with Quizno's everything else but the lawyer advised against it.

Archived