The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Size DOES Matter - Subway

Wetcoaster

What's a foot? Does it actually say 12 inches on the board?

Footlong isn't even a real word.

Just like a 2x4 isn't 2 inches by 4 inches.

Should Americans sue Home Depot and Lowes over that?

Sigh...the eco system is collapsing, people around the world are starving, and people in America are whining about the size of the bun...

What's a foot? Does it actually say 12 inches on the board?

Footlong isn't even a real word.

Just like a 2x4 isn't 2 inches by 4 inches.

Should Americans sue Home Depot and Lowes over that?

Sigh...the eco system is collapsing, people around the world are starving, and people in America are whining about the size of the bun...

Up until Taco Bell started serving them and created the name, "gordita" and "chalupa" weren't real words either. And if I'm not mistaken, Chimichanga still isn't a real word. What is the point of using the "real word" angle?

One foot = 12 inches. that is not negotiable...it is not 11.99 inches, it's 12 inches. and possibly the reason footlong isn't a word is because you've omitted the hyphen. Foot-long clearly states that whatever it is in question is the length of a foot...which is...12 inches.

Is it?

Maybe it's the length of someone's actual foot?

11 inches is closer to a foot then say 7.

If 1.5 inches = 2 and 3.5 inches = 4, why can't 11 = 12?

99 cents isn't a dollar, but it's close enough.

When you pay for something with cash, do you ask for that penny?

Course, in Canada you'll be out of luck as the penny is about to go away.

http://www.mint.ca/s...e-penny-6900002

Slightly differently, it annoys me when bars advertise a pint for x dollars but it is not 20 ounces. I've even had a bar manager tell me "That's our pint."

It's no different than a gas station telling you, "It's our litre."

/ In fact, I think I'm going to start a Vancouver Drinkers Rights Association. No more short pints, taking my glass before I'm done with it, or serving me a pitcher and telling me they close in 10 minutes. Who's in?

He is referring to the fact that if you go into lumber supply store and ask for a "2x4" you will not get a piece of lumber in that dimension since a finished 2x4 is in fact smaller. It usually varies between1 3/8 to1 5/8 and 3 3/8to3 5/8 due to the fact rough cut green lumber is usually pretty close to 2x4 but as it dries and is finished it becomes smaller.

Read the article carefully. Subway is claiming that it does not undersize the bread dough, but the chain states that the individual franchisees and their employees are not proofing their dough long enough to get the correct size. Having worked for Subway for five years, I know that following the righ procedures is what produces great bread.

Archived