The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Size DOES Matter - Subway

Wetcoaster

No the analogy was being made to the way in which nominally dimensioned lumber is marketed. Another analogy was the way in which McDonald marketed quarter pounders - i.e. weight. and beer sold - volume.

I am amazed that you missed the point completely of the analogies.

When I am building furniture, jewellery boxes, cabinetry etc. then length will be an issue but here the discussion was about descriptions of products and how they are marketed and sold.

One foot = 12 inches. that is not negotiable...it is not 11.99 inches, it's 12 inches. and possibly the reason footlong isn't a word is because you've omitted the hyphen. Foot-long clearly states that whatever it is in question is the length of a foot...which is...12 inches.

Also, isn't the actual content of the sandwich determined by the size ordered? It's not like you're going to get an extra meatball, or anything. You're getting all the fillings, and one bite less of bread. That's it. The crap they throw on the table for free in other restaurants because they don't want you leaving hungry. It's an inch of bread. Still 8 meatballs to an 11 inch sub.

Archived