The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Size DOES Matter - Subway

Wetcoaster

Do you really think one proven instance of a minimum wage employee not putting bread into a mold properly is enough to warrant a multi-million dollar law suit? In order for this thing to go ahead you're going to need to show some kind of actual fraud, that would involve intent to deceive.

This is no difference than a employee accidentally screwing up your order or not giving you quite enough soda. I hardly see how it warrants a multi-million dollar suit. I would not want to be the lawyer taking this matter before the judge.

Have any of you ever baked your own bread? The amount of variation due to a myriad of factors makes it damn near impossible to ensure a perfectly consistent loaf.

The ambient temperature, humidity, age of the yeast, amount of kneading, shape of the loaf when placed in the oven, etc, etc all have a bearing on what the loaf will look like when it's finished baking.

So long as Subway is doing everything they can to offer as consistent of a loaf as is reasonably possible given those conditions I can't see how any sensible judge doesn't throw this out damn near immediately. I also hope they give the plaintiff's a piece of their mind and whatever punishment/court costs they can for such a blatant, asinine waste of court time. If Subway settles or even worse somehow loses this I will be very disappointed.

Do you really think one proven instance of a minimum wage employee not putting bread into a mold properly is enough to warrant a multi-million dollar law suit? In order for this thing to go ahead you're going to need to show some kind of actual fraud, that would involve intent to deceive.

This is no difference than a employee accidentally screwing up your order or not giving you quite enough soda. I hardly see how it warrants a multi-million dollar suit. I would not want to be the lawyer taking this matter before the judge.

Lawyers who take on these kind of class action suits take on a multitude of high risk/high reward claims. IMO this kind of case falls in to the high risk category, but would be unlikely to provide any kind of payout. As a lawyer you'd probably spend more than you'd gain on this case.

Have any of you ever baked your own bread? The amount of variation due to a myriad of factors makes it damn near impossible to ensure a perfectly consistent loaf.

The ambient temperature, humidity, age of the yeast, amount of kneading, shape of the loaf when placed in the oven, etc, etc all have a bearing on what the loaf will look like when it's finished baking.

So long as Subway is doing everything they can to offer as consistent of a loaf as is reasonably possible given those conditions I can't see how any sensible judge doesn't throw this out damn near immediately. I also hope they give the plaintiff's a piece of their mind and whatever punishment/court costs they can for such a blatant, asinine waste of court time. If Subway settles or even worse somehow loses this I will be very disappointed.

Archived