The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Size DOES Matter - Subway

Wetcoaster

What exactly is the legal issue...a couple of meatheads from New Jersey kvetching over the length of their sandwiches? Christ on sale people are so damn sue-happy these days...I hate to burst your bubble but this is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard of....well..aside from the two idiots who are trying to sue Lance Armstrong because they bought copies of his book and it turns out he is a fraud. That's pretty damn ridiculous too. I mean...think about this...say it turns out the story of Jesus and the rest of the Bible is untrue...are people going to next be suing the people who wrote the Bible...in absentia? Or the bookstores they bought them from?

...or what about Baskin Robbins? You go in there and they're out of three of their 31 advertised flavors...so now it's 28 flavors...do you sue them for falsely advertising on their sign that they offer 31 flavors? Where does this kind of crap end?

So now food costs and labor costs will rise. Measure every bun to insure it meets the 12" standard. Throw out the ones that don't? All I see are prices rising from this.

Lets face it. Im sure the bread is weighed to a specific weight before baking similar to pizza dough. We are still getting the same amount of toppings, the bread just isn't baking to the exact size.

The main hole in your argument is that Subway management has come out and said it themselves that the footlong sandwich does indeed refer to 12" (IN LENGTH) and that any variance in this is due to the fact that not all employees follow their directions on how to bake the bread exactly . So your nominal lumber dimensions are moot in every aspect of this.

Personally I think they should be giving smaller size sandwiches becauset this may help the obesity problems faced in North America.

Archived