28 replies to this topic

#1 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

I noticed that when Kassian was on the first line, the Sedins seem to really get into the face of other players. They seem to play the body more than usual along the boards. Did anybody else notice that?
I think it is great, keep Kassian on the 1st line.

#2 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,233 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

If there's one thing we don't seem to talk enough about on CDC, it's Zach Kassian.
Posted Image

#3 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Yeah, I think Kassian adds a lot more then Burr to that line, Burr may be a little better at finishing right now, but he doesn't have the strength or size of Kass, and Sedins know they have their back covered with him.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#4 CCF4E

CCF4E

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,506 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

Who?
Posted Image

Ehrhoff isn't from europe....

#5 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,450 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

If there's one thing we don't seem to talk enough about on CDC, it's Zach Kassian.

Who?

Exactly.

#6 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

well before everybody was saying how bad he was and now he is ripping it up. So no crap we are talking about him.

#7 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

I'm going to eat nachos while I watch the game.

0au3Jj.gif

#8 mj vic

mj vic

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

mmmm Nachos!

#9 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Good choice. I'm in the process of choosing between popcorn or chips n dip
Posted Image

#10 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

Cool thread.

#11 Jougo

Jougo

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Good choice. I'm in the process of choosing between popcorn or chips n dip

I think you should go for the popcorn. I personally don't like dip that much anyways. Just my opinion.

#12 Christophe

Christophe

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Don't worry. As soon as Kassian has a bad game (Hopefully he doesn't), all these people will jump off the bandwagon.

#13 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

WOW OP what a post, will definitely read again, this is top notch posting.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#14 luckylager

luckylager

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

It's about time the twins had some toughness with them. It makes me happy knowing that when an opponent takes a cheap shot at the twins Kass is gonna drop the gloves. Makes little pukes think twice.
I really wish we got to play the Bruins this year. It would be awesome to watch that little rat punk Marchand get fed a couple before turtling, then a scrap with Lucic. But I'm just dreaming

Edit: And no, I didn't notice the twins playing physical. I did notice we need a center though.

Edited by luckylager, 25 January 2013 - 02:26 PM.

gallery_70188_515_1022.jpg

#15 Nucks-4-Life

Nucks-4-Life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Gotta agree with OP. I saw Daniel actually finishing some checks along the board last game, when he usually just angles himself away from the check.

I think they know no one is going to take liberties with them if Kassian is on the ice.

#16 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,450 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

I think you should go for the popcorn. I personally don't like dip that much anyways. Just my opinion.

I like making my own popcorn on the stove in a lidded pot with olive oil and garlic salt.

#17 luckylager

luckylager

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

Don't worry. As soon as Kassian has a bad game (Hopefully he doesn't), all these people will jump off the bandwagon.

He's already made some really bad passes and missed open nets by a solid 4ft. He's bound to have a bunch of bad games at this point, and yes, Van has it's fair share of fickle fans.

gallery_70188_515_1022.jpg

#18 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

He is a big guy, but put him up against Shea Weber or Zdeno Chara and he's a little man! lol jk Nice to see him play on the top line, for now.. Hopefully the chemistry keeps up, worse case scenario is we have proven winger Alex Burrows to take his place. It's nice to have options! B)

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#19 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

I like making my own popcorn on the stove in a lidded pot with olive oil and garlic salt.

I also like this way, except with parmesan cheese. Or just butter and salt. But Kass seems to play good
Posted Image

#20 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

I average 2 beers / period but I think I can take it up to 3.
<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#21 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,926 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

He's already made some really bad passes and missed open nets by a solid 4ft. He's bound to have a bunch of bad games at this point, and yes, Van has it's fair share of fickle fans.

Getting into the beer a little early?

Kassian is a good passer. It was his first game with the twins so obviously he's not going to have perfect timing with them just yet. As for the missed nets, at least he's getting himself in position to have these glorious scoring chances. With his growing confidence, he'll hopefully convert more of these. He'll have some bad games, but I like him as a player and think he'll be a great powerforward for us.

I'm thinking a growler of Farmhand Saison will hit the spot nicely tonight.

CMc20QE.gif

Put Gino in the ROH

#22 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

well before everybody was saying how bad he was and now he is ripping it up. So no crap we are talking about him.

Well speak for yourself. I always thought it was a good trade. I could never come to terms with Hodgson's awkward skating
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#23 doctorkush

doctorkush

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

I average 2 beers / period but I think I can take it up to 3.

it should be like this 1st goal chug 1 beer down 2nd goal chug another beer down. If they dont score there's no point of drinking cuz you dont even get to celebrate lol thats what i do if they score 5 or 6 goals i chug the beers down get drunk and celebrate ahah

#24 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,903 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

I like how Kassian can play on any line.

307mg00.jpg

#25 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

It's about time the twins had some toughness with them. It makes me happy knowing that when an opponent takes a cheap shot at the twins Kass is gonna drop the gloves. Makes little pukes think twice.
I really wish we got to play the Bruins this year. It would be awesome to watch that little rat punk Marchand get fed a couple before turtling, then a scrap with Lucic. But I'm just dreaming

Edit: And no, I didn't notice the twins playing physical. I did notice we need a center though.

Let's not go over board here with Kassians fighting abilities yet (he's young). You've seen his other fights right? I think the Canucks would rather beat the Bruins on the scoreboard than fisticuffs. You know Boston has alot players that can fight and play right? I don't think anyone will even want to take on Chara from the Canucks. Also, Lucic hasn't lost a fight if I recall.

Edited by Gonz, 25 January 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#26 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

I like how Kassian can play on any line.

lol i love Kassian but cdc is majorly bandwagon jumping. He can play on any line but the question is can he produce points not playing with the Sedins. The Sedins over inflate people's points bc they are pass first type players. You remember King, Pyatt, Bernier. It would be awesome if Kassian can produce on the second and third line incase Burrows gets moved back to the first line when kesler and booth is back. So lets wait til than before we praise Kassian on CDC everyday. Wonder what's going to happen on CDC when Kassian does go on a pointless streak with the Sedins or moves to a different line and doesn't score as much as Hodgson.

Edited by Gonz, 25 January 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#27 Spencer Drew

Spencer Drew

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

All along I've been saying the Canucks need a power forward, the Sedins especially, and Kassian fits the role perfectly, and heck he's 22 years of age! He'll stick up for the Sedins, create space for them, and add that towering like figure on the ice that is a force to be reckoned with.

Bertuzzi or Lucic V 2.0? We will see... we will see, but things are looking great right now and I have an optimistic feeling they will only get better. Just wait til Kesler and Booth get back from their injuries and we acquire whoever we will from trading Luongo (if he does indeed get traded). I'd like to see Burrows back on the second line playing with Kes knowing they had good chemistry in the past.

A power forward complementing two of the best finesse players in the world makes for a future top first line in the NHL. This will be a top line I have no doubt in my mind. I'm just glad the coaching staff finally figured out to try Kassian out on the top line, all starting with last year when we first acquired him, smart move by coaching.

Zack attack along with the terror twins, I love it. Hope you had a good birthday Zack!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Edited by Spencer Drew, 25 January 2013 - 03:39 PM.

Posted Image

#28 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Let's not go over board here with Kassians fighting abilities yet (he's young). You've seen his other fights right? I think the Canucks would rather beat the Bruins on the scoreboard than fisticuffs. You know Boston has alot players that can fight and play right? I don't think anyone will even want to take on Chara from the Canucks. Also, Lucic hasn't lost a fight if I recall.

yeah he is young. he can toss 'em well enough to prevent most players from trying anything stupid obviously there are a few tough guys who i would not want to see him drop the gloves with and i think that is why Vandy will be in the lineup at some point.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#29 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,890 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.