Canucks Community

[Proposal] Philly - Van

To Philly :

Luongo

Ballard

To Vancouver

Philly 1st 2014

Bryzgalov

Voracek (Couturier and Schenn is out of the question for Philly, maybe even Voracek)

To take on Bryz's contract is not ideal, but it

EDIT : all my reasoning didn't go through and im too lazy to it again. My all point was Philly 1st my be worth a lot with their bad start, Hartnell, Mezsraos and Briere (back soon) are injured.

If we're doing Philly a favour by taking Bryz and giving them a better goalie and defensive help amidst their injuries, I'd hope we'd get a better return than Voracek and a 1st. I only say better as Voracek has a good sized cap hit himself and we'll have to find someone other than Ballard to drop to get under the cap for next year.

If you just try and look at them as names on a page then it doesn't look good for Philly, but we take back a huge risk in Bryz that we'd have to pay for long term in a buy out scenario. That makes it a lot worse for us than it looks.

EDIT: let me rephrase. Gillis is looking for a player, prospect and pick for Luongo. Voracek is a better than expected option for a player, and we get a great pick, but they also pawn off Bryz on us while we give them Ballard for help on their injury depleted D. It's not bad, but I don't think it's a deal that would be accepted on both sides.

If we're doing Philly a favour by taking Bryz and giving them a better goalie and defensive help amidst their injuries, I'd hope we'd get a better return than Voracek and a 1st. I only say better as Voracek has a good sized cap hit himself and we'll have to find someone other than Ballard to drop to get under the cap for next year.

If you just try and look at them as names on a page then it doesn't look good for Philly, but we take back a huge risk in Bryz that we'd have to pay for long term in a buy out scenario. That makes it a lot worse for us than it looks.

EDIT: let me rephrase. Gillis is looking for a player, prospect and pick for Luongo. Voracek is a better than expected option for a player, and we get a great pick, but they also pawn off Bryz on us while we give them Ballard for help on their injury depleted D. It's not bad, but I don't think it's a deal that would be accepted on both sides.

Archived