The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) making sense of Gillis's quote

"We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have -- and it's not who anybody thinks it is -- and so we have to wait."

"that has to do something with another player that they have"

-this line might have given something away, if Gillis wasn't spit balling than this other player might have to do with an injury. if I am not mistaken injured players can not be traded, so the deal may depend on when that injured player gets healthy.

that being said Briere is injured at the moment, and I think he might be the player that Gillis is waiting on to get healthy. once Briere is cleared to play, I have a feeling Bryzgalov will be traded shortly afterwards and Briere will be traded for Luongo(not straight up, there will be other pieces)

any other players that Gillis may be waiting on?

Since we need scoring in the playoffs I would love to get Briere in the Luongo trade. How does this sound?

To Vancouver: Danny Briere, Nick Cousins, 2013 1st or 2nd

To Philly: Roberto Luongo, Keith Ballard, Yann Sauve

We take $2.2 million of Ballard's cap hit and Philly takes $3.5 million of Briere's cap hit

Since we need scoring in the playoffs I would love to get Briere in the Luongo trade. How does this sound?

To Vancouver: Danny Briere, Nick Cousins, 2013 1st or 2nd

To Philly: Roberto Luongo, Keith Ballard, Yann Sauve

We take $2.2 million of Ballard's cap hit and Philly takes $3.5 million of Briere's cap hit

Archived