The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(GDT) Chicago Wolves @ Rockford IceHogs - 1/25/13, 5:00PM PST

NuxFan09

The Chicago Wolves face their biggest rivals in the AHL and the Blackhawks' farm team, the Rockford IceHogs, tonight. Sorry for the late GDT, but again, with the Canucks game tonight I doubt anyone cares too much. The score is currently 1-1 in the 1st intermission. Darren Haydar has the goal for the Wolves, from Peter Andersson and Andrew Gordon, and Shawn Lalonde scored for Rockford. Cannata stopped 11 of 12 shots in the 1st period.

Canucks game, and I'm just catching up on my PVR to the OHL game between Kitchener and Erie. Corrado and McEneny both playing for Kitchener of course. It's hard going back to those online streams after having HD hockey back again.

Word is though, Haydar scored just over a minute into the game, and Rockford tied it later on in the first. Should be a little bit into the second period now.

Haydar scores his 2nd of the game to put the Wolves up 2-1! He shoveled home a rebound from a Peter Andersson shot after Andersson initially made a great breakout pass to Haydar to start the play.

Great work by Andersson. The kid is looking like a real player.

Yeah, Andersson started a bit slow, but was steady, and looks to be what we'd hoped Sauve would be: a solid two way guy albeit with less toughness and on the right hand side.

Sauve's had some tough luck with injuries though, with the car accident and then sitting for the last little while as well with an injury. Playing tonight in Kalamazoo I think though, so it'd be nice if either he or Polasek can develop into a left side guy to play with Andersson.

Mark Matheson is just awful on the point on the PP. There have been two shorthanded rushes in a row for the IceHogs with Matheson out there. Don't know why Andersson doesn't get a chance. I'd also like to see Connauton get a chance on the 1st unit as well.

Game over. Final score: 2-1 Woles.

Shots: 33-33

Powerplays: Chicago (0/5), Rockford (0/2)

1st period scoring:

CHI Haydar 8 (Andersson, Sweatt) 1:12

RFD Lalonde 3 (Svendsen, Gilbert) 8:54

2nd period scoring:

CHI Haydar 9 (Andersson) 14:12

3rd period scoring:

No scoring

Three Stars: (1) CHI Darren Haydar, (2) CHI Peter Andersson, (3) RFD Shawn Lalonde

Archived