Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Any out of country/continent canucks fans?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#61 Canuckerbird

Canuckerbird

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Grew up in Pitt Meadows, then lived in Kits ever since my first year at UBC. Now I'm in Manila and I've no idea how to watch games here. My Internet speed is a whopping 1.5 mbps. I miss watching the games live. Now I'm relegated to listening to team 1040 and then watching CanucksHD'S YouTube posts. I'm very thankful for him by the way. Where ever you are CanucksHD, your efforts are much appreciated.
My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana. I said "No. But I do want a normal banana later, so...ya."- The Late Mitch Hedberg

Go Canucks GO

#62 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,258 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Philadelphia. BC transplant. I still have season tickets that my parents go to.
Posted Image

#63 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Real Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Hey, great to see a brazilian down here. Wasn't expecting that hahaha

I don't want to start a discussion, but Brazil it's not like what you said. There's plenty of NFL, MLB, Nascar in ESPN and Fox Sports. We had 5 games a week of the NFL this season. F1 is broadcasted by our biggest TV company. And you can obviously live here without liking soccer, I have tons of friends who don't give a crap about the sport and live normally. Yes, there's plenty of stuff involving soccer, but just ignore it.

ESPN will start broadcasting the NHL, but it will be probably just 2 games a week, tops. I watch every game of the Canucks online. You can buy the NHL livepass, I know guys here who bought it.

yep. they show like 60 minutes of NFL,NHL,MLB and NASCAR at FoxSports and the other 4000 minutes of Soccer. last year FoxSports didnīt show the final races of Nascar "Live" to show the decided "Brazilian Championchip".for me buy the NHL livepass is hard because Iīm not a home always and some cities where I go thereīs no internet...Soccer in Brazil is like a virus, a desease spreading around our population, itīs the "Panis et Circenses" of Brazil. people here love Neymar. and who Neymar is? is a morron who never studied on his life, play some "average" soccer in Santos FC but sucks in Brazilian National Team. Neymarīs salary is around 3.000.000 Dollars a year and he never studied on his life! He doesnīt speak even Portuguese! why do you think he doesnīt want to go to Europe? because there thereīs no "Iīm a god and I can do what I want".If a Brazilian want receive 3.000.000 dollars a year or you must be a friend of Lula, or be a friend of Eike Batista, or simply donīt study like Neymar! be an irresponsible soccer player and donīt study at all...want see a good Brazilian soccer player? Romario, after him the rest is nothing...
Shup up and fly! you´re not payed to think, you´re payed to fly!

#64 supermanbieksa

supermanbieksa

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

I am from Sweden, have to stay up until 4am for like every home game, but it is worth it. I became a canucks fan because of Naslund, I just couldn't get enough of him growing up. So I made my parents wake me up for two games a week so i could see the games.

#65 Hunter56

Hunter56

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Williamsport, Maryland. I've been a fan since I saw them play Calgary in the '89 playoffs.

I'm from Maryland too! I've never seen another Canucks fan here before -- it's good to know there is another one lol. The few people that do watch hockey here are Capitals fans and like a couple Penguins and Flyers fans.

#66 Ronnieb

Ronnieb

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

I live in Santa Cruz, CA.

#67 Swedish Vikings

Swedish Vikings

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Davos, Switzerland

Vancity born and raised

#68 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,797 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Hong Kong Canucks Fan!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.