The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Canucks 5 Ducks 0

Strawberries

So happy and impressed by my Canucks tonight. Played absolutely amazing in every aspect of the game. Was it just me, or did anyone feel flashes of the 2010-2011 Canucks? It was just like they came back to life overnight. So glad to see a full team effort.

Keep it up boys, and lets spoil the Sharks little streak.

Agreed Smash Kass, Schreds looks like he belongs.

GREAT to see Patti get into a swinging tilt-we know he can trust his repaired shoulder. I like that bloke!

Overall beauty team-effort; rollin' a strong 4 lines/3 pair will serve them well this year. Onwards to the SJ game-should be a good one.

I love how Raymond and Kassian were probably the two players with the most doubters coming into the season and now they're the two leading goal scorers, so stoked to see them do well!

Also 5 or 6 seasons from now could be a very exciting time, Kassian and Schroeder will be 27 and Jensen will be 25. That line could have crazy potential, it has all the elements to be the west coast express V2.

Volpatti and Schroeder is slowly locking their spots on this team.

Volpatti has impressed me since game 1 and his hard work paid off tonight, that fight was great.

Schroeder 2 games in and is already making a small impact on the team. Its no coincidence that Raymond's play has gotten better since he arrived.

Kassian keeps the streak going, was hoping he go with Allen but a goal is good enough. ^_^

I felt really happy for CS to get the win. i wanted him to get the shutout so bad, so all the critics outside of Vancouver who were doubting CS's ability as a #1 goaltender would shutup.

Lets sweep California and come back to Vancouver 4-1-1 ^_^

Interesting question brought up on Team 1040 tonight: If Kes and Booth had started the season healthy, do you think either of them would have 3 goals by this point? Seems so weird that Kassian and Raymond both do. Awesome for them though, and awesome for the team. :)

Canucks Army recap: http://canucksarmy.com/2013/1/26/canucks-ducks-corey-perry-keith-ballard-cory-schneider-shutout-scoring-chance-data-january-25th

- Jordan Schroeder recorded his first NHL point when Mason Raymond took a nice cross ice feed from the rookie and squeezed it through Jonas Hiller late in the third period. Production is cool and all, but far more valuable was Schroeder's ability to eat up ice-time without being a defensive liability and to win face-offs in the absence of faceoff aces Ryan Kesler and Manny Malhotra. Schroeder won 58% of his face-offs, skated legitimate third line minutes for the second straight game and contributed on two Canucks scoring chances, so all in all a fine second outing for the rookie.

Archived