Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

PGT Canucks 5 Ducks 0

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
176 replies to this topic

#151 CodyHodgson's #1fan

CodyHodgson's #1fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

I gotta admit, I got a pit in my stomach seeing Luongo skate over to congratulate Schneider after the game. There is no way in hell that Luongo should be a backup in the NHL. Don't get me wrong, this is a great situation for the Canucks, having two great goalies, but it's a crappy situation at the same time.

Anyone else feel this way or am I the only one?

No, youre absolutley not the only one. I feel the same way, poor Lu, after all he has done for this franchise has been crushed by this fan base and treated like he is the worst goalie ever. I know Cory wants to be a starter but i liked it better when he wasn't pressing for him to start forcing Lu to be in this position.

I can't believe how cool and patient Lu has been. Great character. I hope somehow, someway, he stays. He deserves to lift the stanley cup, and he deserves to retire a canuck.

Edited by CodyHodgson's #1fan, 26 January 2013 - 08:30 AM.

Always will love and support Cody Hodgson, great player, great potential great character, and I don't care about those stupid rumours about the trade. And we lost him, what a dissapointment. Love you COHO, forever a canuck in my heart!

One day Luongo will raise Lord Stanley's cup.
And show all those haters that he is the amazing goalie that he is.
No matter what jersey he wears, I will always be cheering for Luongo.

Forever Believe.

#152 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,047 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

Didn't get to watch this one but the highlights just show how great our depth was. Scoring from just about all our lines, solid defence from top to bottom pairing and great goaltending.

Games like this show other teams how scary our depth can be. We probably have the best 3rd pairing in the NHL in Ballard-Tanev, the best goaltending depth in the league and now that we have Kassian, Raymond and Volpatti scoring it just shows that this team can score from any line. You win Cups with depth all around, and the Canucks were boasting that last game.
Posted Image

#153 Kragar

Kragar

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

I was at the game, nice view of 4 goals, being 13 rows up from the goal line where it all happened. Woo Hoooooo!

If the refs were calling Getzlaf's third cross-check, where he caught Raymond in the neck, then that's fine. It looked like a weak call at the time, but the replay supported the call. I couldn't see Winnik's holding penalty, so can't judge there. The biggest gaff I thought was Bonino's holding penalty in the second.

I didn't see any problem with Edler's hit on Perry. It was not from behind and he was not in an awkward position. And his cheesy comeback put him where he belonged, in the box for 4.

Never thought much of Perry, going back to when Kes outworked him in the Can/US qualifying game for the empty netter. I don't seem him as much of a hard-worker, but more valuable when his team is already playing well/winning.

Edit: And what was up with Beleskey after taking on Volpatti. Even if the judges scored him a win (debatable), it was not a big enough win to be waving your arms in the air like a champ. I guess he thought the opening ceremony was enough to carry the team to two points.

From what I could see last night, it seemed that the Ducks were just not mentally in the game... lots of offsides after their initial 'good' start where they had a decent lead in shots.

Lastly, two things that drives me nuts with Ducks homerism (I live in OC, so I go to the Canucks games here): picking the stars (how do you get a star when your team loses 5-0???), and the on-screen highlights between peroids. They only show Ducks highlights! Does that happen in Vancouver? Been too long since I have been to a game back home.

Go Canucks, Go, and take it to the Sharks on Monday!

Edited by Kragar, 26 January 2013 - 10:18 AM.

Love the weather here, but I miss Vancouver hockey.

#154 I'm Your Huckleberry

I'm Your Huckleberry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

Solid result for the first road game of the season. Lots of positives from this game but the Sedin line seemed to get trapped in their own end a lot during 5-on-5 play. Still only 4 games in to the season though so I'm not worried. Hopefully their even strength play will pick up when we have our full line up to attack in waves. Still waiting to see a Garrison onetimer bomb. I understand that teams are watching for it, but I definitely saw a few opportunities where he could have been set up for his big shot.

2a854ac1-b75d-49bc-acf4-1e2705c9e1c3_zps

#155 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Yeah, I know right? Guys gonna make me eat my words, ha ha! :P

But that's a good thing.

He's definitely showing the benefits of having been active during the lockout.

#156 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

Nice to see some of the regulars coming back to form. Still see some adjusting going on with Edler and Garrison. Seemed like the Nucks were having difficulty getting out of their own end.

Kassian seems to be having a postitive affect on the team, as guys are 'stepping up' more and looking out for each other.

The reffing was in our favour (for a change) and it was nice to see the PP doing so well. Really getting weary of that drop pass though.

Just like in other years, it seems the Nucks can dominate the score when their not even playing their best hockey.

Shroeder is looking like an NHL player and Kassian...wow!

#157 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Sedin-like sauce from Schroeder, very nice.

And I just love Kassian.

Posted Image

#158 vwnuck

vwnuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

good game. alittle slow in parts and Schneider bailed them out a couple of times but good none the less...and if the ducks complain about penalties they should have watched the oilers game the night before the refs called that game exactly the same by the book..

Posted Image

Posted Image

#159 CanuckCup1316

CanuckCup1316

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Great game cant wait to see how we stack up against the Sharks on Sunday. GoCanucksGo!!

#160 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

It really is astonishing how this team looks so good when getting 7 power plays to the Ducks' one. Shockingly nobody is complaining about the officiating. Wonder what would have happened if the tables were turned; probably this board would have melted down with the impotent ragings of the NHL conspiracy theorists. Anyways it's two important points, a great game for Cory and solid efforts by a bunch of guys that were underachieving. Just hope they don't expect to get a 7-1 ratio in PP every game.

#161 FelixPotvin29

FelixPotvin29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Def were some questionable calls and missed calls. But those games happen. The hockey gods will even it out.

#162 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

We need to improve 5 on 5, I hope our game plan in the playoffs isn't to rely on the power play again.

Obviously Kes and Booth will help with that though.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#163 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,719 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Def were some questionable calls and missed calls. But those games happen. The hockey gods will even it out.

True, I have seen more then a few games that were bad calls all game long on us. Shouldn't take anything away from this one. They did what they needed to do, take advantage of the calls and not give the ducks a way back in the game. Well played and well coached game.

#164 Bijannucksfan

Bijannucksfan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Garrison hasn't gotten a single point yet...should we buy him out this summer?

#165 Kruger

Kruger

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Garrison hasn't gotten a single point yet...should we buy him out this summer?

Are you being serious?

#166 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,887 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

It really is astonishing how this team looks so good when getting 7 power plays to the Ducks' one. Shockingly nobody is complaining about the officiating. Wonder what would have happened if the tables were turned; probably this board would have melted down with the impotent ragings of the NHL conspiracy theorists. Anyways it's two important points, a great game for Cory and solid efforts by a bunch of guys that were underachieving. Just hope they don't expect to get a 7-1 ratio in PP every game.

The Ducks earned pretty much every one of them, and mouthing off the officials (take note Canucks) does not help to get the calls in your favor. In addition, the none call on the hit on Perry, was because he is such a faker and diver (pay attention Kesler and Burrows). Getzlaff well deserved the cross-check on Raymond - the ref gave him the first two, but the third one across the side of the neck, earned him the call. The Ducks got heavily penalized because they were simply out of control - and guys like Getzlaff, Perry and Allen just can't help it.

#167 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,887 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

We need to improve 5 on 5, I hope our game plan in the playoffs isn't to rely on the power play again.

Obviously Kes and Booth will help with that though.

Five on five we won the game 2-0 - not bad without Kelser and Booth.

#168 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,887 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

No, youre absolutley not the only one. I feel the same way, poor Lu, after all he has done for this franchise has been crushed by this fan base and treated like he is the worst goalie ever. I know Cory wants to be a starter but i liked it better when he wasn't pressing for him to start forcing Lu to be in this position.

I can't believe how cool and patient Lu has been. Great character. I hope somehow, someway, he stays. He deserves to lift the stanley cup, and he deserves to retire a canuck.

Lou is really showing a lot of class right now, and who knows in this short season, and Lack not healthy, but that we may yet be very happy to have him around just in case. Expensive insurance, no doubt, but insurance none-the-less.

#169 FelixPotvin29

FelixPotvin29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

He didn't look very happy last night and for good reason. Im sure he will play either tomorrow or monday and hope he does well.

What do you guys think of burrows shootout/penalty shot move. Forehand backhand every time. I would complain about it a lot more... but he gets it about 50% of the time. I would love him to shoot high blocker just one time instead of faking and going backhand. Every goalie and team must know he's doing the same move every time.

#170 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,719 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

He didn't look very happy last night and for good reason. Im sure he will play either tomorrow or monday and hope he does well.

What do you guys think of burrows shootout/penalty shot move. Forehand backhand every time. I would complain about it a lot more... but he gets it about 50% of the time. I would love him to shoot high blocker just one time instead of faking and going backhand. Every goalie and team must know he's doing the same move every time.

Y, I can understand why he wouldn't be happy with his team winning with a shutout????? Thought he was all about whats best for the team? Oh right lip service.

I was thinking before burrows took the shot that I hope he tries a new move, on the other hand he hit it a lot even if they know what he is going to pull. It's a shot that the only way a goalie can stop it (if he gets it up top shelf) is if they cheat on it. Not a lot of goalies that are willing to cheat on a shot. I would like yo see him add the forehand option.

Edited by Nino, 26 January 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#171 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

And this would be different on another board? Hardly shocking. I would wager a bet that over on the Ducks board they are in a rage about the officiating.

#172 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,719 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

And this would be different on another board? Hardly shocking. I would wager a bet that over on the Ducks board they are in a rage about the officiating.

Do the ducks have fans? I bet there board is sleeping. I'm going to check it out.

Edit: ok they had 10 posters talking for a total of 22 posts about the refs. To top it off it was the top of all topics for the number of posts. They have no fans. Love to see them moved to a place like seattle, why LA needs two teams is puzzling to me.

Edited by Nino, 26 January 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#173 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Great payback game for the Canucks... the team was firing on all cylinders last night and it was awesome to watch. Schneider looked like an absolute wall in net for us and I'm quite excited to see where this team can go if Schneids can keep this up.

#174 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Lol. We can expect plenty of PP time if Corey Perry continues to be unable to intimidate us and gets pissy.

Keswho.jpg

#175 DCR

DCR

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

What I really liked was that AV gave both Kassian and Shroeder real minutes.

I think it just goes to show that it isn't rookies he hates, but shoddy defensive play. If you can play defense and work hard every shift, AV will put you on the ice. If you can't he'll find a place where you can practice your knitting.

#176 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

Five on five we won the game 2-0 - not bad without Kelser and Booth.

Yeah, I realized that after I posted it, real test will be tomorrow against the Sharks though.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#177 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Y, I can understand why he wouldn't be happy with his team winning with a shutout????? Thought he was all about whats best for the team? Oh right lip service.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.