Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Kevin "Silva" Bieksa's knee on Belesky

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#61 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

You are a homer if you think Bieska won that fight. Reminds me of the Boston commentators, they make it sound like the Boston players win every fight and every other teams players are cheap and coward.

Ps bieska didn't win that fight but he didn't lose by much, or you can say its a tie if y don't want get too technical and just wait for rematch

Edited by Gonz, 26 January 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#62 EddieVedder

EddieVedder

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Belesky landed 1 decent punch... while Bieksa landed about 9. Bieksa slipped twice, neither times do to anything Belesky did.

#63 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

Guys, think about this for a minute who think he did this on purpose. You think Bieksa planned to throw a punch so he would duck down and then knee the guy in the face. It just sounds, silly.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#64 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

lol, hilarious.

The first thing I thought of was Remy Bonjasky's amazing flying knees, and James Irvin's 10 second flying knee knockout, hahaha.

RIP LB RR PD

#65 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Spicy indeed!
Posted Image

#66 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Yeah Perry was being a real grundle.. Glad we don't really have guys like that

i like the way perry plays though. big guy with alot skill that fights pretty good. imagine if we p;icked up perry last year and not kassian. perry would be the designated fighter on this team by default for sure lol.

anyways, we don't have guys like that? diving? grumpy after losing etc? Kesler?

Edited by Gonz, 26 January 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#67 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

I noticed how the commentators said that Bieksa is one of the toughest *underrated* guys in the NHL. And then quoted George Parros saying so. A lot of fans here have criticized him for not being *tough* enough, but I guess others around the league would disagree.
I think part of the reason we haven't seen Bieksa do much fighting these past 2 seasons is because of how the team relies on the top pairing. But I think with the 3rd pairing playing so well, and being able to play in almost any situation that the 1st and 2nd could, will free him up a bit.

You can also only fight when challenged - not a lot of guys going to challenge him. I think the only reason Bieksa fought here was that the game was slated and Belesky took an unneccessary run at Hamhuis. Gottta love Bieksa though, second most points for a defenceman at even strength in the entire league - only Karlsson had more - on the defensive pairing with Hamhuis - tough as nails - and playing here at a considerable discount from what he could have had elsewhere.

#68 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

So random and awesome, but as someone said got to be careful with that.

Edited by thehamburglar, 26 January 2013 - 05:18 PM.

Posted Image

#69 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

At 1:03 of the video, just as Belesky and Bieksa are about to engage, KB3 throws the knee

Hahah ohh wtf, totally missed that.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#70 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,471 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

Who cares if they hate us? Is it a popularity contest?

We want them thinking "man, those guys are crazy lunatics" in a "we don't know what they're gonna do next" way. I love that we've started the season like this because it'll have other teams thinking twice. Hate on, haters.

Unfortunately everyone knows what they are going to do next........one of about a million stupid drop passes in the neutral zone.......:) Seriously, other teams are not intimidated by the Canucks or Kevin Bieksa's toughness at all and you can see it in how they play against them. It has not slowed down the number of cheap shots taken against the Sedins and others in two years (and it seems to actually be getting worse), so why would it suddenly deter them now? Come playoff time, will the Canucks drop the gloves when someone slashes Henrik or Daniel's ankle or elbows them in the face? They haven't for a long time and nothing suggests they will this year either. I hope I am wrong but I fear I am not.

#71 Maninthebox

Maninthebox

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

As others have said, the "knee" was just a rushed superman punch attempt that kinda failed. Decent scrap, Bieksa slipped on the first fall and got pulled down on the second. He won that fight, for what it's worth. Belesky (sp?) is no pushover.

#72 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

Thanks for recognizing the new techniques I've been adding to my game.

I spent the summer training with Greg Jackson but during the lockout, switched over to the Blackzillians.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#73 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

I like Perry. He's wasted on that team, as is Bobby Ryan.
I would have either on the Canucks line in a heartbeat.
Kevin.jpg

#74 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

You are a homer if you think Bieska won that fight. Reminds me of the Boston commentators, they make it sound like the Boston players win every fight and every other teams players are cheap and coward.

Ps bieska didn't win that fight but he didn't lose by much, or you can say its a tie if y don't want get too technical and just wait for rematch

More of a tie, if you watched the replay on the ducks feed you can see that Bieksa got in a couple of good punches at the beginning, it's just that the SNET feed sucks at showing fights.

Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#75 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Unfortunately everyone knows what they are going to do next........one of about a million stupid drop passes in the neutral zone....... :) Seriously, other teams are not intimidated by the Canucks or Kevin Bieksa's toughness at all and you can see it in how they play against them. It has not slowed down the number of cheap shots taken against the Sedins and others in two years (and it seems to actually be getting worse), so why would it suddenly deter them now? Come playoff time, will the Canucks drop the gloves when someone slashes Henrik or Daniel's ankle or elbows them in the face? They haven't for a long time and nothing suggests they will this year either. I hope I am wrong but I fear I am not.

Yeah the drop pass... how long is it going to take our coaching staff to change it this year... it's getting stupid doing the same thing every year.

The team seems to be playing a bit tougher with Kassian and Volpatti in the lineup, hopefully Vandermeer can draw in too and no body messes with us anymore.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.