Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Discussion] What pieces do we actually need out of a Luongo trade?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

my 3 year projection of the Canucks roster looks like this

Sedins + Kass ( Kass is the ugly twin nobody talks about)
Burr Kes Schredder (Schred will have 2 quality finishers to pass to)
Jensen Gaunce Hansen (Hansen should vet all of the rookies on playing the system to a T.(Jensen will be getting PP time as well)
_X_ Max Lap __X__

Ham Juice
Edler Tanev
Garrison Corrado

Really not a bad future if you ask me. What would make it even better is a couple early rnd draft picks in this years draft that would be able to be called up by then. And allow the canucks to slowly shed Booth Higgins Raymond as Jensen Schred Gaunce Mature.
And we could also use As always a right shot defence.

So in a Luo/ Schnider trade what I would hope to get is a top 15 first top 45 2nd and a stay at home bone crushing bottom pair right D.

#32 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

my 3 year projection of the Canucks roster looks like this

Sedins + Kass ( Kass is the ugly twin nobody talks about)
Burr Kes Schredder (Schred will have 2 quality finishers to pass to)
Jensen Gaunce Hansen (Hansen should vet all of the rookies on playing the system to a T.(Jensen will be getting PP time as well)
_X_ Max Lap __X__

Ham Juice
Edler Tanev
Garrison Corrado

Really not a bad future if you ask me. What would make it even better is a couple early rnd draft picks in this years draft that would be able to be called up by then. And allow the canucks to slowly shed Booth Higgins Raymond as Jensen Schred Gaunce Mature.
And we could also use As always a right shot defence.

So in a Luo/ Schnider trade what I would hope to get is a top 15 first top 45 2nd and a stay at home bone crushing bottom pair right D.

The problem is the Sedins may no longer be ppg players in three years time.

#33 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

We need players who can score goals.

#34 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Schroeder is gonna be our 3rd line center into the playoffs

We will lose

CDC will blame AV

Our main need will be obvious, a 3rd line center.

I can't think of a good option, does Bjustad play physical, do we have another 3 years to wait for him to develop?

Personally I think Burrows best option is to put him as 3rd line centre, he's just too good defensively to not assume that role, with that said I think any top 6 player with playoff experience, or any prospect at any position will do.

Luongo for some combination of Weiss and Upshall Bjustad

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Booth Kesler Weiss
Schroeder Burrows Upshall
Weise Lapierre Hansen

I don't trust Ballard though.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#35 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,033 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

If Florida is well out of a playoff spot at the trade deadline and are going to build on the future, any chance we can get Versteeg as well as Weiss or am I just dreaming too much?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#36 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

If Florida is well out of a playoff spot at the trade deadline and are going to build on the future, any chance we can get Versteeg as well as Weiss or am I just dreaming too much?

I'd do a Versteeg trade in a heart beat, if the price is right with Weiss as a rental I could see it maybe.

I think a huge package deal with Florida is imminent.

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#37 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Schroeder is gonna be our 3rd line center into the playoffs

We will lose

CDC will blame AV

Our main need will be obvious, a 3rd line center.

I can't think of a good option, does Bjustad play physical, do we have another 3 years to wait for him to develop?

Personally I think Burrows best option is to put him as 3rd line centre, he's just too good defensively to not assume that role, with that said I think any top 6 player with playoff experience, or any prospect at any position will do.

Luongo for some combination of Weiss and Upshall Bjustad

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Booth Kesler Weiss
Schroeder Burrows Upshall
Weise Lapierre Hansen

I don't trust Ballard though.

So your predicting that we will lose in the playoffs because of 2 of our best players?

zackass.png

#38 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

So your predicting that we will lose in the playoffs because of 2 of our best players?

Yes 6 games in I don't think Schroeder and Ballard will be our best players come playoff time.

vPTJpcO.jpg

#39 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Yes 6 games in I don't think Schroeder and Ballard will be our best players come playoff time.

They aren't what I would be worrying about with the way the Sedins, Garrison, Edler, Bieksa and Hamhuis are playing.

If they continue this play, which I don't see why they wouldn't (Schroeder especially) then they will be far from what we should be worried about.

zackass.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.