The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Whole New Dimension

Drew1

yes I agree Kass changes the look of our whole team!! finally a guy that doesnt take s**t from other teams tough guys /goons or onther teams. I believe Perry is going to hear from him in the next game!!! and nobody is going to smack the Sedins whens he's out with them. Seriously we havent had this since Bert was here in his prime. A big talented tough power forward!! cmon Marchand, I dare you to give Daniel a face wash!!And MG seriously have to hand it to you nobody thought this was a good trade when It happened.

Yeah Kass and Volpatti seem to give our whole team confidence in the physical department, something we lacked for a long time.

I liked when Allen was trying to get Kass to fight, and Zack just told him to look at the scoreboard.

Perry super pissed yelling eff off in the box was pretty hilarious also.

i like perry he hates losing more than anyone in the league and will fight .. i never seen that much intensity from any of the canucks when the ducks blew us out. thats how hockey used to be played your losing get mad and fight show you care not just pack it in . he plays like a canadian something we dont have very much of.

i like perry he hates losing more than anyone in the league and will fight .. i never seen that much intensity from any of the canucks when the ducks blew us out. thats how hockey used to be played your losing get mad and fight show you care not just pack it in . he plays like a canadian something we dont have very much of.

What is better than having a guy who is big and can hit and who can also play on the first line and put up points? A guy who can answer the bell and beat the living crap out of someone at any given time.

Kassian has all the tools to be a perfect hockey player, and he definitely gives the team a much different look. I think most of the Canuck players know this as well and has a bit of a trickle down effect in a competitive kinda way.

A guy like Bieksa for instance, sees Zach Kassian go and kick the crap out of Ben Eager and says hey buddy, you're not the only one who can win a fight here, and goes and drops the gloves the next game. I really don't think it's any coincidence that we've seen a bunch of scraps so far in this short season.

This is what we call 'team toughness'.

I've said since we got Zack, he will be a Lucic 2.0 if not better. A guy that finishes, hits, stands up and fights is a player we need the past 2 years and never had for playoffs. This is why Kassian is a more important and better player to have than Cody.

When you have a big guy banging, fighting and intimidating, everyone else gets tougher, and the skill guys are a little more protected. I think this was very obvious, but we kept getting mired in the medium sized 5'11-6'1 enforcer type that had the courage to fight, but they were not really going to prevent shenanigans. Gillis was picking the medium sized 5'11-6'1 type of enforcer, skilled guy, etc - because he thought the refs had integrity and would protect teams that were being bullied. Recent history proved otherwise, so Gillis was forced to go bigger for his enforcer, and skill. To balance out a bigger lineup, you will need a few small skilled guys like Schroeder too.

Now what I want is another big tough guy enforcer to keep the pressure off of kassian, even while kassian continues to intimidate the other team with skill and size.

When you have a big guy banging, fighting and intimidating, everyone else gets tougher, and the skill guys are a little more protected. I think this was very obvious, but we kept getting mired in the medium sized 5'11-6'1 enforcer type that had the courage to fight, but they were not really going to prevent shenanigans. Gillis was picking the medium sized 5'11-6'1 type of enforcer, skilled guy, etc - because he thought the refs had integrity and would protect teams that were being bullied. Recent history proved otherwise, so Gillis was forced to go bigger for his enforcer, and skill. To balance out a bigger lineup, you will need a few small skilled guys like Schroeder too.

Now what I want is another big tough guy enforcer to keep the pressure off of kassian, even while kassian continues to intimidate the other team with skill and size.

Using Anaheim as a yardstick to measure Canuck progress is a bit of a joke. SJ will be more of a measure. That said I really liked the ice time the 3rd & 4th line got. Schroeder hasn't been a standout but he has been steady. Each game he looks more comfortable. He snapped a couple of wristers last night that looked great.

The biggest aspect of last night's game IMHO was Raymond's game. If he can return to form from 2 years ago then Van has a top 6 forward for the 2nd line. Either that or his value goes up big time in a multi-player deal.

I loved it last night.. we were pushing them around and there was nothing they could do about it. Say what you want about the way boston plays but tell me that didnt feel awesome being the bullies last night.. if mallet fills out his potential and makes the nhl as a 3rd liner we are gonna be one of the toughest teams in the league.

With only in 4 games in and after a ruff start, the Canucks are suddenly looking like a complete team.

Not having to rely on the "Twins" for getting the majority of goals so far is a bonus, seeing players on all four lines contributing, without needing cheap shots to get the job done is a blessing... staying out of the penalty box has to be rule one, let the other team pay the price of stupid is as stupid does.

To think all this is happening with 2 top six players (Kesler, Booth) out of the lineup, is a great sign of thing to come.

The next two road games will show us all, if this is the Canuck's reality or nothing more than fantasy... I sure hope it's our reality.

Archived