The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

YOU are Mike Gillis. What decision(s) would you make for the Canucks?

Specter's Vengeance

With this shortened season and injuries bound to be in abundance, if you were GMMG what changes do you make for this Vancouver team? Here are your options:

1. Trade Roberto Luongo for draft picks/prospects. The future of this Canucks franchise is, arguably, not looking too bright. We do have good athletes but no (as of yet) top tier talent. Do you trade Luongo and get prospects for the future of the franchise?

2. Trade Luongo for a forward/defense/goaltender combination. Many have said it. The time for the Canucks is now. Do you trade Luongo for some depth talent in hopes that they can help bring the Canucks a successful playoff run for their first cup?

3. Keep Luongo until trade deadline. There is nothing wrong with 2 very good goaltenders staying here. If one under performs, the other can easily pick up the slack. Do you wait to see what treasures could surface at the deadline?

4. Keep Luongo this season and hope for return during the off season. Depending on other teams and their scenarios, we could potentially have better offers on the table come the end of the season. Do you wait and potentially lose a better deal? Or do you make people climb over each other offering everything but a sacrificial goat for Luongo?

5. Keep Luongo and do the unthinkable. Trade Schneider for some better talent. Luongo is still a very good goaltender and I can see him being like Marty Brodeur and playing stellar into his 40's. Then its all up to Eddy Lack to take the helm of this franchise.

6. Make your own suggestion. How do YOU determine the fate of this franchise?

I know there are plenty of these kind of posts but I wanted to see peoples suggestions first hand to determine how our fans see our team and our concerns moving forward. Please post away!

If we can see the same kinda game that we've seen from the canucks the last two games for the rest of the two games, and everyone continues to play at a high level, I'm 100% sure we need to pursue prospects/picks. If we're inconsistent after, we could move those for anything we need.

If I were GMMG I'd listen to what other teams have to offer first before making a trade. In my opinion I'd keep both Roberto Luongo and Cory Schneider until at least the off season.

But if I were to make a trade I'd deal with the Toronto Maple Leafs and trade:

To Toronto: Roberto Luongo, 2nd Round draft pick (2015), 3rd Round draft pick (2014)

To Vancouver: Tyler Bozak, Cody Franson, 1st Round draft pick (2014)

This most likely won't happen but it's just what I think I would do.

I'd say either #4 (Keep Luongo this season and hope for return during the off season) or #1.

I'd like to have both goalies for the playoffs, but at the same time, I'd really like to have some great prospects.

If I were GMMG I'd listen to what other teams have to offer first before making a trade. In my opinion I'd keep both Roberto Luongo and Cory Schneider until at least the off season.

But if I were to make a trade I'd deal with the Toronto Maple Leafs and trade:

To Toronto: Roberto Luongo, 2nd Round draft pick (2015), 3rd Round draft pick (2014)

To Vancouver: Tyler Bozak, Cody Franson, 1st Round draft pick (2014)

This most likely won't happen but it's just what I think I would do.

can't I be aquilini instead, so i can ride this group for a couple years, then axe gillis and hire dale tallon? then he can trade away major pieces of the core while rebuilding with high picks and savvy trades for good players under 25.

Archived