The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Family of Four Arrested on Drug Charges

Alex the Great

The Masset RCMP have put a halt to an alleged local drug trafficking ring operated by a family of four in Masset.

During the late evening of Wednesday January 23, Masset RCMP executed a search warrant on a residence in Old Massett which was believed to be associated to drug trafficking. Five persons, who were located at the residence, were arrested and taken into custody. One was released later that night.

A search resulted in the seizure of prepackaged cocaine powder, and crack cocaine, over $6,500 in cash, drug trafficking paraphernalia and an unsecure firearm. The drugs seized have an estimated street value of over $4,200.

Charged with Possession of a Controlled substance for the purpose of Trafficking are 49 year old Robert DAVIS (Sr), 44 year old Roxanne DAVIS, 23 year old Adam DAVIS and 18 year old Robert DAVIS (Jr). All four have been remanded in custody until January 25.

Thought I'd share this because it's local to me :P

i don't think the drug laws are to blame here. I would place the blame squarely on the shoulders of the people who decided to earn money by selling this garbage to their fellow citizens.

My oldest daughter grew up in Masset. I imagine she knows these people. (but hopefully not too well)

Everybody knows everybody and everyones business. I know because a friend of mine had a brother that lived there. Through him we learned a lot about what really happened on the queen of the north as there are many staff living there. Stuff you're unlikey to learn through the media...

I imagine it's business and not personal, and it's what brought bread to their table.

Yeah, it's bad to get any children involved in that stuff, but by the time they're 18, I'm sure they could get in on the "family business".

Couldn't disagree more. No excuses - if I can take care of my family on my own (I have for 15 years) then anyone can. I had to take 3 odd/part time jobs at one point to make ends meet...there are always options.

And you protect your kids no matter what age....people get killed in the drug trade. So no amount of money is worth the risk to your children.

(Falling off my soapbox now....)

Everybody knows everybody and everyones business. I know because a friend of mine had a brother that lived there. Through him we learned a lot about what really happened on the queen of the north as there are many staff living there. Stuff you're unlikey to learn through the media...

Archived