46 replies to this topic

#31 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

I'm a big big fan of Volpatti's game every game so far.
Posted Image

#32 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

-Volpatti = good 4th liner
-Ove sucks!
-debating merit of joke that didn't make sense= bored nit pickers.

solid read would do again. well worth opening this thread.

#33 CptCanuck16

CptCanuck16

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Ovie really needs to step it up, he's not even in the talks of best player in the league anymore. Hell I'm not even sure he makes top 10 anymore.

Totally, last year was the first time in his career he scored less than a point per game (.80) and 'only' had 38 goals.

How's the goaltending situation in Washington? How about Ovie for Lu? Wouldn't that be sweet! Imagine Ovechkin with the Sedins on the top line. We'd be unstoppable. They'd end this shortened season with at least 80 points a peice.

Ovechkin stated publicly last year that he was unhappy with the reduction in ice time he was getting in Washington. Maybe it is time for a change of city for him to re-ignite his career. He is only 27 after all so he has plenty of years left. Why stay on a team that can't make it past the second round? Bring him to Vancouver and we'll win the cup.

Maybe he'll even take a bit of a pay cut to come play for a contender. We can bundle Lu will Volpatti going the other way to sweeten the deal. :-)

Edited by CptCanuck16, 26 January 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#34 casofilia.canuck.nz

casofilia.canuck.nz

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

If he keeps improving then this could be a real break out season for Aaron. We need youngsters like him to do well; then the team will do well. Another Presidents? A Cup??

Go Canucks Go
Go CANUCKS Go.

#35 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

I'v always liked Volpatti, I hope he's got a place with this team for many more years and is able to stay healthy.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#36 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,904 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

How is Aaron Rome doing guys?

307mg00.jpg

#37 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Four games into the season, and Volpatti is looking like a solid fourth liner. He's doing all the things you would expect from your fourth line left winger...laying the body, playing with energy, forechecking hard, playing decent defence and throwing a few fists. Let's hope he can stay healthy and play at this level for the remaining 44 games.

Would have been sweet if he could have got an assist to complete the Gordie Howe hat trick last night.

#38 Drop Em

Drop Em

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

How is Aaron Rome doing guys?

Who cares how he's doing!.......... This is a thread about Volpatti, not some spare part who doesn't play on the team anymore.

#39 Maninthebox

Maninthebox

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

Volpatti is the new Biekska. I've heard him called Volputty, Vupooty, etc.

#40 James van Riemsdyk

James van Riemsdyk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

Peppermint Volpatti
Posted Image
Edmonton Oilers CHL AGM
Edmontion Oilers SRHL Commissioner/GM

#41 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Sorry, can't jump on this band wagon. Not a fan of him or Ebbett. Small sparks of life that don't even really warrant 4th line time on this team. He would be a good 3rd or 4th liner on about 27 other teams though.

#42 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

He has a hard face.....best fourth liner we've had in a while.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#43 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

He's been playing pretty well, hopefully he can keep it up. It would be nice to have a fourth line stick for a couple seasons.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Sorry, can't jump on this band wagon. Not a fan of him or Ebbett. Small sparks of life that don't even really warrant 4th line time on this team. He would be a good 3rd or 4th liner on about 27 other teams though.

I agree that Ebbett has no place on this team, but Volpatti has been playing (and actually, did last season when healthy, too) like the 4th liner that we've been needing for quite some time. He throws good, solid hits and skates hard out there. And he isn't terrible defensively. He doesn't need to put up any points if he's doing those things right, but he's somehow managed to get a good number of chances already.

Personally, I think Volpatti > Wiese. Thankfully, both have had awesome starts. All I want from them at this point is, well, for them to be playing on the 4th line and stay there... neither are 3rd line caliber. ...yet.

This team, when healthy, will be very deep. These two will only be helping that situation. I'm just glad we don't need to start seeing "We need a legit 4th line" topics posted every twenty minutes on this board. Of course, props to Kassian for helping in that category. I hope what we've seen from this team, in this regard, continues throughout the season. I've grown very tired of watching the Canucks get pushed around by goons.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#45 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

All jokes aside, I'm really liking our 4th liners

#46 TowelPower82

TowelPower82

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

My fantasy team would really like Ovi to start putting up some points.

TELL ME ABOUT IT
Posted ImageGo Canucks GoPosted Image

#47 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Volpatti one of the few surprises so far.

although out of class throwing with Murray is no joke.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.