The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Potential Prospects Acquisitions

After having a discussion with a few buddies about young players who could be huge, it made me wonder who CDC views as a wicked prospect, of even a really underated one that you'd like GMMG to to acquire.

I've seen players in the junior leagues who i've thought would be huge, and nev er actually cracked a big league line up, i've seen others who I thought didn't have a chance, and yet made it big!

Some of the players i've been really high on in the pass includes players such as: Mathieu Benoit, Alex Bourret, Maxime Boisclair, Keith Yandle, and a kid named Claude Giroux ( I was PISSED Vancouver picked Grabner when he was still availlabe)

Anyways, I am just wondering, what junior players are you high on that you'd like Gillis to grab!?

I am looking at Dmitrij Jaskin on the Moncton Wildcats, currently owned by the St Louis Blues

Evgeni Kuznetsov and Fillip Forsberg, both owned by the Washington Capitals. With Washington's clear need for a goaltender in the early stages of this season, either 1 of these 2 guys are what I'd be asking for if I were MG.

Preferably Kuznetsov, he is tenacious, hard to knock off the puck and the 2-way forward Gillis and AV seem to like. He is expected to come to N.America next season, or even as soon as the playoffs this year and he would be a great addition to our top 6. He is however a RW, and would probably push Jensen down to the 3rd line next season while Kassian stays on the 1st, unless one of them switches wings.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Kuznetsov

Higgins-Burrows-Jensen

Volpatti-Lapierre-Hansen

That would be one hell of a tough line-up to stop come playoff-tme or even next season. Kuznetsov IMO is like fellow Russian Tarosenko, except Kuznetsov's defence may be a little stronger, and he is more of a playmaker than a finisher (great for Kesler)

Here is Kuznetsov's talent analysis courtesy of Hockey's Future:

Kuznetsov displays a mixture of strength and skill along with the exuberance of other young Russian players such as Evgeny Malkin. His game is still in its early stages of development, and he has the expected shortcomings when it comes to defending consistently and tactical play. What sets him apart from other players his age is his flawless skating, stick handling and passing and pass receiving skills along with a fearless desire - particularly along the boards - to control the puck and create scoring opportunities.

P.S: I just realized that with the addition of either Forsberg, or Kuznetsov, there is not enough room for Schroeder, or Raymond, both of whom have played great this season .Someone within our forward group would have to be unloaded in a trade or take a 4th line role on the team along side Hansen. One year in the minors for Jensen is also an option, but I firmly believe he has the skill-set to produce next season. It might be good for his confidence tho to light up the AHL like he did in his brief stint with the team last year.

Tyler Biggs out of Toronto, maybe in a Luongo deal. Had little hope in him being a piece in a potential deal because Burkie loved him, but with Nonis at the helm it seems a little more plausible.

He's pretty much like Zack Kassian: Tough and mean with skill, only a little bigger, and slightly less offensive potential. He could turn into a David Clarkson type player.

Evgeni Kuznetsov and Fillip Forsberg, both owned by the Washington Capitals. With Washington's clear need for a goaltender in the early stages of this season, either 1 of these 2 guys are what I'd be asking for if I were MG.

Preferably Kuznetsov, he is tenacious, hard to knock off the puck and the 2-way forward Gillis and AV seem to like. He is expected to come to N.America next season, or even as soon as the playoffs this year and he would be a great addition to our top 6. He is however a RW, and would probably push Jensen down to the 3rd line next season while Kassian stays on the 1st, unless one of them switches wings.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Kuznetsov

Higgins-Burrows-Jensen

Volpatti-Lapierre-Hansen

That would be one hell of a tough line-up to stop come playoff-tme or even next season. Kuznetsov IMO is like fellow Russian Tarosenko, except Kuznetsov's defence may be a little stronger, and he is more of a playmaker than a finisher (great for Kesler)

Here is Kuznetsov's talent analysis courtesy of Hockey's Future:

Kuznetsov displays a mixture of strength and skill along with the exuberance of other young Russian players such as Evgeny Malkin. His game is still in its early stages of development, and he has the expected shortcomings when it comes to defending consistently and tactical play. What sets him apart from other players his age is his flawless skating, stick handling and passing and pass receiving skills along with a fearless desire - particularly along the boards - to control the puck and create scoring opportunities.

P.S: I just realized that with the addition of either Forsberg, or Kuznetsov, there is not enough room for Schroeder, or Raymond, both of whom have played great this season .Someone within our forward group would have to be unloaded in a trade or take a 4th line role on the team along side Hansen. One year in the minors for Jensen is also an option, but I firmly believe he has the skill-set to produce next season. It might be good for his confidence tho to light up the AHL like he did in his brief stint with the team last year.

I like Dimtry Orlov.

He fits what we need for next year aswell, since we will likely have to move Ballard (although with the way he has been playing I rly don't want too)

Anyways he would be a great upgrade on Connaution. And could potentially be had in a Luongo deal.

I also like Matt Finn and Tyler Biggs from Toronto. Then F.Forsberg would be great (doubtful he's avaliable) and Kuznetsov is just as good as Tarasenko, if we could get him it would be great but it is risky as who knows if he comes over.

Other prospects I really like (Talking non-Luongo deal)

Derrick Pouliot

- Really liked this guy at the draft last year, could see him as a useful #2/3 doubtful he is going anywhere as PIT also has Joe Morrow.

Jake McCabe

- Was praying he would be avaliable at our 2nd last year, (Damn Buffalo) I had him pegged as a Dennis Siedenberg/Keith Ballard type of guy. (FLA/PHX Ballard that is) The skating ability & defensive hockey sense really stood out at me, then he obviously turned heads at the WJ.

Tyler Graovac

- Has played great with Gaunce, he might be avaliable (MIN 7th Rounder in '11), not sure what it would take, my guess would be another prospect. maybe Connaution? Reminds me of a bigger Bryan Little type of player.

Danill Zharkov

- Really stood out at the WJ, skates well, has high offensive skill, is huge, protects the puck and uses his size really well, 3rd round steal for EDM IMO.

Tyler Biggs out of Toronto, maybe in a Luongo deal. Had little hope in him being a piece in a potential deal because Burkie loved him, but with Nonis at the helm it seems a little more plausible.

He's pretty much like Zack Kassian: Tough and mean with skill, only a little bigger, and slightly less offensive potential. He could turn into a David Clarkson type player.

After having a discussion with a few buddies about young players who could be huge, it made me wonder who CDC views as a wicked prospect, of even a really underated one that you'd like GMMG to to acquire.

I've seen players in the junior leagues who i've thought would be huge, and nev er actually cracked a big league line up, i've seen others who I thought didn't have a chance, and yet made it big!

Some of the players i've been really high on in the pass includes players such as: Mathieu Benoit, Alex Bourret, Maxime Boisclair, Keith Yandle, and a kid named Claude Giroux ( I was PISSED Vancouver picked Grabner when he was still availlabe)

Anyways, I am just wondering, what junior players are you high on that you'd like Gillis to grab!?

I am looking at Dmitrij Jaskin on the Moncton Wildcats, currently owned by the St Louis Blues

I actually acquired an 87 OVR B potential Jaskin in my NHL 12 Canucks GM Mode by developing Schroeder to an 87,and trading him with a pick. A year later and Jaskin grew to 89 with his B potential intact.

Another player I acquired in that GM Mode was Kirill Kabanov (86 OVR/B potential).

Archived