The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder > Cody Hodgson. The truth!

Jordan Schroeder

Jordan Schroeder will be better than Cody Hodgson because...

1) He doesn't skate in quicksand

2) Can actually play some defense

3) Doesn't have parent prima donnas

4) Doesn't seem to have a "me me, i'm entitled to X" mentality

5) Doesn't have the injury history that Hodgson has

In all seriousness, Jordan Schroeder has all the makings to be an effective top 6 player in the NHL for a long time. Size is not an issue with Schroeder, it's only a non- added benefit to his overall skill set. I've seen Schroeder play a more physical and engaging hockey than Hodgson ever did with his time in Vancouver. He's clearly has a better sense of defensive play as well, maybe it's because he can actually skate around the ice and keep up with the best of them.

Cody Hodgson is a soft player, when push comes to shove in playoffs he'll just get exposed more and more. The Canucks won this trade by getting rid of a cancer to the lockerroom and by trading for a "Bigger piece" to the puzzle! kehehe pun intended We all saw that ridiculous CBC interview of Hodgson aftering being traded. He was simply asked point blank "Did you ask for a trade?" A simple yes and no answer which he dodged like the prima donna he is.

The skill is there, and when he gets more experience and better linemates (ie. get rid of Weise) on that 2nd line, he'll put up numbers similar to Cody Hodgson minus the defensive mistakes that send chills down a coaches spine.

Only time will tell but i'll eventually be proven right as the season progresses.

I highly doubt it. With Hank and Kesler down the middle, and with Gaunce looking like one hell of a 2 way prospect, its going to take a miracle for Schroeder to cement himself on this team. Id bet my house that Schroeder gets dealt for a winger sometime within the next year or so.

Also, I like Schroeder, but Cody was just on another level.

I highly doubt it. With Hank and Kesler down the middle, and with Gaunce looking like one hell of a 2 way prospect, its going to take a miracle for Schroeder to cement himself on this team. Id bet my house that Schroeder gets dealt for a winger sometime within the next year or so.

Also, I like Schroeder, but Cody was just on another level.

I am not a fan of Cody, I used to be...but the more and more I learn about him. Hes lazy and from my friend who works closely with the Canucks (said he had a piss poor attitude and didnt fit well with the team-- I mean ordering milk at a bar?? Really are you 10?)

I dont know much about Schroeder yet, I have only seen him play twice now. I seen him in the camps in Penticton but that was slightly different.

I think the reason why Weise is on that line with Raymond, is they needed a big body to compensate for their size. *shrugs* Got any other ideas??

Archived