The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder > Cody Hodgson. The truth!

Jordan Schroeder

I agree with Millerdraft regarding the relevance of D/N/O zone faceoffs -and I believe it was Miller's point a few days ago that AV was using Schroeder in D zone starts at a frequency that was surprising - and impressive considering AV had that much trust in a youngster playing his first games in the NHL...

An average pass? You mean the perfect saucer past 2 defenders sticks right onto the tape of Raymonds stick?

Schroeder has been extremely effective out there. His speed is excellent, he is logging almost 15 mins a game, and he has been doing excellent work on the PP (putting in 4 mins a game) behind only the Twins, Edler, and Garrison. You think AV is just putting him out there to eat up minutes?

Another solid effort from Schroeder tonight. Was the Canucks best face off man this game going 7 wins 4 losses.

He got sheltered during the last 5 mins of the game or his Groin was bothering him but I feel like he was strong enough in the game to continue playing. I'm not coach though so maybe he saw something different.

Schroeder hasn't looked out of place at all so far. He's been producing chances while skating and passing well. He's also got a nice wrist shot.

Though the Canucks haven't been playing the best it's been nice to have some prospects on our team.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived