The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder > Cody Hodgson. The truth!

Jordan Schroeder

A more recent comparsion would be Martin St Louis like Jordon Martin is 5'8/5'9 but very smart and good hockey sense......early on he was not amazing (Martin St Louis) but eventually he starts to put up the numbers.......if he can be our version of Martin St Louis that would be great...we will see

Trev16...I like your comparison, but if Schroeder turns out to be as good as Martin St. Louis, I, along with all Canucks fans will be over the moon. I would suggest that St. Louis, in his prime, was a superstar, so if we have a St. Louis in the making, in Jordan Schroeder, it will be outstanding.

Cody is just in a good spot between two good wingers. He will probably be removed from that spot when they find depth. Also, the only points he's gotten so far for the most part are shots going off his body, or bouncing in off him.

I really didn't mind Cody, but people hyped him way too much. That one slap shot against Boston, while sexy, certainly, made far too many people overvalue him. Especially since for 20 games he basically did nothing, then he got traded, and it was shown he didn't want to be here in the first place. We'll see how he does in Buffalo, but considering who he's playing with, and the fact most of his points are just luck, I'd take Kassian. Kassian is with the twins, sure. But Hodgosn should be rolling in assists and points being a center.

I really loved Cody when he was here and thought it was a bad move at the time but!

1. Kassian is going to be a stud if he wants to be and stays focussed. On the prior, given his effort/work ethic, maturity, I would say he wants it. On the second that is coaching, teammates helping him, and him working when things get tough.

I have all the confidence that he has all those things as well...a terrific trade for us, and time will prove it. I saw Neely play at the same age, and yes its waaay to early to talk Neely, but he has a higher ceiling, he is a better skater, just as big, can fight, perhaps not as great a sniper but still a good one and can still develop that further, and is a better passer. Can he dominate like Neely, well thats the big question because what separates avg, goog, great in the NHL is consistency and ability to get better, raise your game when it matters etc. Those intangibles are inside him and only time will show us, but ceiling, its higher.

2. I think I over rated cody as you suggest. Everyone in Canada fell in love with this kid in the world Juniors, where he was Captain Canada, and legitimately deserved the mvp over Tavares. Then he falls to us and we are estactic...Well he has holes in his game. Defensively, and while his skating has improved, when you look at Schroder's ability to skate and stay in the play, create because of his speed, then watch CoHo as I have been you really see a BIG difference...that will hold Coho back from being an upper echelon player...he will be a good second liner and a contributor but I don't see him being a game changer.

Kassian has the potential to be a game changer...I like that deal....

Maybe thats more a result of a lack of real offensive centers in their organization, so he kinda defaults to number 1? Have you seen the points he's been getting?

1. Bounces off his body for goals (2)

2. Pitty 3rd assists

3. Playing poorly defensively

4. Point total is being inflated by playing on the same line as a guy who has consistently sniped 40 goals a year without him and is on a tear.

5. Is Bozak and a number 1 there champ? Well he seems to be playing 1st on Toronto isn't he? Nice logic huh? same as yours. Should we trade kesler for Bozak since Kes is a number 2 and Bozak is a number 1? Lol...please..And don't argue because I am using YOUR logic..."he's playing number 1 so he is, is your logic"

6. Back to the Bozak example, as I assume you're going to argue CoHo's numbers aren't inflated, well Bozak's sure were playing with Kessel and Lupul so...hmmmm

Checkmate

I am not a fan of Cody, I used to be...but the more and more I learn about him. Hes lazy and from my friend who works closely with the Canucks (said he had a piss poor attitude and didnt fit well with the team-- I mean ordering milk at a bar?? Really are you 10?)

I dont know much about Schroeder yet, I have only seen him play twice now. I seen him in the camps in Penticton but that was slightly different.

I think the reason why Weise is on that line with Raymond, is they needed a big body to compensate for their size. *shrugs* Got any other ideas??

Hodgson was my fav canuck at the time, and I was super pissed at the trade, but this is starting to get a little annoying...

I think long term the trade will most likely be equal with each players becoming 2nd liners at the worst.

Imo JS has looked better defensively and at faceoffs then Hodgson did in pretty much all of his games here.

Hodgson has a way better slap shot, and is better at making offense when he doesn't have to rush the puck.

JS is way better on the rush, something that fits with our team a lot better.

I see Hodgson as the more offensive player in his career but JS with a better two way game scoring a bit less then Hodgson.

I still think we haven't seen what JS can really do, I think he's just playing it as safe as he can and once the games go one he will get better and better.

You;re suggesting Buffalo has better depth than Toronto at Center? I'd say its about the same in terms of proven players, neither team has any...that's why they traded for CoHo and then drafted a big offensive center with their first pick a few months later there bud

Hodgson was my fav canuck at the time, and I was super pissed at the trade, but this is starting to get a little annoying...

I think long term the trade will most likely be equal with each players becoming 2nd liners at the worst.

Imo JS has looked better defensively and at faceoffs then Hodgson did in pretty much all of his games here.

Hodgson has a way better slap shot, and is better at making offense when he doesn't have to rush the puck.

JS is way better on the rush, something that fits with our team a lot better.

I see Hodgson as the more offensive player in his career but JS with a better two way game scoring a bit less then Hodgson.

I still think we haven't seen what JS can really do, I think he's just playing it as safe as he can and once the games go one he will get better and better.

Archived