The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder > Cody Hodgson. The truth!

Jordan Schroeder

Sticking to the playing side, they are just two diferent types of centre.

For the line that JS is centring he is, so far, an ideal type of player. Fast, sees the plays, is unselfish and quick enough to not only be in at the kill but to get back when/if the need demands it.

Cory for me was slow and studied, until it came to working on the boards, then he was quick and accurate and difficult to displace off the puck. He has a wonderful shot and a great eye for an opening. However at the end of the day his lack of pace will eventually see him hit his glass ceiling.

Schroeder on the other hand, if he keeps his speed while building some more muscle and adopts a bit more "devilment/swagger" could just be a real top liner by the time he is in his late 20's.

Schroeder should stay in place of malhotra. Malhotra is probably a good guy off the ice but he doesn't have it anymore. He doesnt fit with the canucks anymore. Schroeder can win faceoffs too and is younger, faster and grittier.

Centers when healthy should be:

H Sedin

Kesler

Schroeder

Lapierre

OP you are wrong. Not even close.

In every aspect of the game Cody is currently better and has a higher ceiling except maybe skating. Have you watched Cody this year? Almost every shift he is making big plays.

Stronger, better shot, better vision, better passing, better stick handling.

I predict at least 30 points for Cody in this shortened season for a nice little break out.

He will break 70 points in a full season soon.

Schroeder will NEVER break 50 points in the NHL or I will eat my hat.

Nope,

jS won't even have as big of an impact as CH if he plays his entire career here.

CH had one of the most remarkable shots in one moment in Canucks history. A shot against the Bruins that will be remembered forever.

JS doesn't even have that shot in his repertoire.

CH netted us Kassian

JS will be part of a package deal when Management finally realizes they made a mistake and cut ties.

He made one nice pass... Everything else has been Ebbett like at best.

Sorry short fan boys, you will have to wait for Jensen or Corrado for real rookie excitement.

An average pass? You mean the perfect saucer past 2 defenders sticks right onto the tape of Raymonds stick?

Schroeder has been extremely effective out there. His speed is excellent, he is logging almost 15 mins a game, and he has been doing excellent work on the PP (putting in 4 mins a game) behind only the Twins, Edler, and Garrison. You think AV is just putting him out there to eat up minutes?

He is also 52% in the circle (3rd on the team) with players with at least 10 face offs.

He has great on ice vision, is very good in his own end, and makes very good decisions with the puck, and its obvious that , even though he is small, he has the tools to succeed at the NHL level

Open your eyes! There is a whole world outside of the score sheet that you apparently cant see now.

An average pass? You mean the perfect saucer past 2 defenders sticks right onto the tape of Raymonds stick?

Schroeder has been extremely effective out there. His speed is excellent, he is logging almost 15 mins a game, and he has been doing excellent work on the PP (putting in 4 mins a game) behind only the Twins, Edler, and Garrison. You think AV is just putting him out there to eat up minutes?

He is also 52% in the circle (3rd on the team) with players with at least 10 face offs.

He has great on ice vision, is very good in his own end, and makes very good decisions with the puck, and its obvious that , even though he is small, he has the tools to succeed at the NHL level

Open your eyes! There is a whole world outside of the score sheet that you apparently cant see now.

Cody Hodgson was a decent hockey player with too much drama for this league. I would never want him on my team, hell, instead of trading him, we should have buried him in the minors for the rest of his contract for being a douche. Gillis got Kassian for crying Cody. I stopped calling for his head after that.

I know you all want to see everyone we develop turn into a super star, but are you guys watching the same hockey games as me? The only player Schroeder reminds me of is Jeff Tamballini. Schroeder is an amazing AHL player, and thats where he belongs. One decent pass and you guys are calling him a future top 6. I see him fall down so much, Raymond is giving him pointers on how to stay on his skates.

Way I see it is Kassian > 80% of the league > Schroeder > hot dog bun left in Rogers Arena urinal > Hodgson.

Watching the Buffalo / Washington goal and Hodgson just left his man untouched and he scores in front of the net. Didn't even have a stick or body positioning on him. Lots of Buffalo fans are starting to rip into Cody Hodgson's defense themselves.

Making comments like calling him Coy instead of Cody because he plays no D

Edit: He just got scored on again, he tipped it on his own goalie and scored

Archived