Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nuxfanabroad

[Proposal] Trade Booth near the deadline

44 posts in this topic

You know if you're going to read other peoples post and not respond to them, don't go over to a different forum and write it like it was all your idea.....not that your expanded version isn't good, but try and include us not worthy people as well!

You know if you're going to read other peoples post and not respond to them, don't go over to a different forum and write it like it was all your idea.....not that your expanded version isn't good, but try and include us not worthy people as well!

He's got something to prove once he gets back...if Raymond continues his great play, Gillis is put into a tough situation. It's not a bad situation....just a tough one.

Neither Raymond nor Booth are excellent 3rd line material, and we have too many wingers to have them both play in the top 6. I think either Booth, or Raymond depending on which one performs worse could be added to a Luongo trade package to sweeten the return a bit

Washington looks like they'd be a great trade partner for us, and our biggest need right now is re-stocking our prospect pool, whether the prospects be NHL-ready or not.

Example:

To WSH- Luongo, Booth

To VAN-Evgeni Kuznetsov, 1st rd pick 2013

Our line-up this season:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Raymond-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen

Volpatti-Lapierre-Weise/Manny

Our line-up next season (if UFA's are se-signed)

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Raymond-Kesler-Kuznetsov

Higgins-Burrows-Jensen/Schroeder

Volpatti-Lapierre-Weise/Manny

Maybe we should trade the Sedins too, they probably like swedish meatballs and swedish meatballs are not canadian meatballs so the sedins must therefore.

So this is not a proposal at all....it is simply another "I don't like Booth" thread.

Hear me out here...

I was really hoping to see Booth get a shot to play with the twins this year for more than just a trial period. he has some size, has scored 30 goals with far less talented players.

With the emergence of Kassian with the twins I dont see this as a possibilty anymore, well for that matter one that coach AV wont entertain. Sedins will either play with Kassian or burrows again.

The way I see it in short form is: Booth is a shooter, Sedins both like to pass the puck. Kesler is a shooter mroe so than a playmaker. We didnt see booth and kesler for a long enough stretch to say they cant get chemistry what so ever, but I would have like to see Booth with the twins.

By doing this, it allows Kesler to play with Burrows and one of Higgins/Kassian or maybe a trade acquisition. I dont feel that raymond would be a good fit with them.

Problem now is, Looks like AV either plays Kassian on the top line or doesnt play him much at all. Thus far this year he has been one of the better forwards and should ideally play with a skilled player. If thats us running 3 offensive lines then fine he could play on the 3rd line, but with the way our team is put together our 3rd line is more of a grinding line.

All in all, I think booth could play well with the sedins and score goals, allowing us to try and get some solid productions from kesler burrows and someone else.

Dont get why people hate on Booth so much. Id like to give him a full year without bouncing him around with different linemates and see what he could do, barring him staying healthy of course.

yes it sucks that he hasnt come in and lit the lamp like crazy but he has been hurt more than healthy, which is unfortunate for him.

I still think we need to give Booth a chance to play solid top 6 minutes, PP time and to be honest i think with his speed he could be useful on the PK, maybe even shootouts.

Thanks for listening to my opinion

Shame he's a 20-30 goal scorer with great size who can hit and has a game that's perfectly suited for the playoffs.

Last 2 posters: Although I haven't seen Booth play that much, essentially I agree with your opinions, & believe he's a talented player.

The biggest problem with David Booth comes down to one number... 64.3 mill.

He might be valuable depth to hang on to for this spring. Perhaps he FINALLY stays healthy & goes on a scoring run. That said, what if we can flip him & acquire another sizable, capable & nasty piece to slide in with our 23? Even if it's an expiring contract, in this case of Booth, I don't believe it matters(due to the sudden cap-decrease).

Or, if he would enhance a return, paired with Luongo. We could take more expensive pieces back, alongside youth and/or picks. It gives Gillis/Gilman more opportunity to get creative.

Mostly was hoping this would faclitate discussion. Cheers.

yes. exactly.

I hunt but never for sport unlike booth...theres a terrible photo of him online standing behind some poor bear that he obviously shot for fun...that effin white chiclet douchey smile as big as the Cheshire cat. gross

he's unbelievably clueless on twitter. i hate him

I think Booth might be part of a package deal with Louie, which would be why Lou hasn't been moved yet.

I was actually thinking about this to, but not for the same stupid as reasons you stated.

- his contract might be to much for us to afford with the cap coming down an estimated 10 million dollars in the next 2 years

- Booth is signed till 2014-15....players that are due for raises in that time span

----Hank and Dank, Kassian Higgins Hansen Lapierre, Tanev Schroeder

Ahh, the good ol' days-back just after the CBA travesty(64.3 mill, "Lu Rule", etc...) was announced.

I KNEW this bloke's 4.2 was gonna bite us hard in the butt! We coulda' gone after Clarkson if Gillis simply had listened up to my free advice...

^yup.

Not listening to you was the was the only reason that Gillis didn't trade away an overpriced, under-performing, injury-prone player with 2 years on his contract in a year that the CBA dropped by $6 million.

Don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back.

Base of this thread is:

"Let's trade Booth because he's a hunter, has good teeth, and is a devout Christian."

Was feeling nostalgic, & we should fill the proposals section with various ways of dealing this dude. I guess they(mods) changed my original title-it was: "Sorry, Mr Booth"...

Was feeling nostalgic, & we should fill the proposals section with various ways of dealing this dude. I guess they(mods) changed my original title-it was: "Sorry, Mr Booth"...

Actually with Booth's injury history (the only thing I am worried about), I'd rather trade him now and Schroeder to Tampa for Connolly.