The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposals) this years team and next year roster spots

I dont think we need to move any players right now, if later in the season we see holes in the roster then we should move but right now our lineup when healthy is pretty deep if all our players play up to speed.

Vancouver lines when healthy

*Send Schroeder down to the minors again for one more year, he has played well but the canucks are too deep for him to be in the lineup. next year he will be here

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Kassian-(this has been our best line, if Kassian is consistent he has this spot)

Booth-Kesler-Raymond-(If Raymond can keep up this pace he works well with kes n booth)

Higgins-Burrows-Hansen- (I think Burrows has looked good as a centerman)

Lapierre-Malholtra-Weise/Volpatti-(Shutdown energy line, doesnt look bad at all)

Bieksa-Hamhuis-(Juice has shown a lot more tenacity, this is a good physical line)

Edler-Garrison-(Our offensive line, they have looked good so farimo)

Ballard-Tanev-(very strong 3rd line, if Ballard can keep this up he can fetch us something good)

Schneider-Luongo-(I dont see Lu being traded soon, so i think we keep him for another year)

Vancouver off-season

trades:

To Was: G Roberto Luongo, LW Mason Raymond(RFA), 2014 3rd round draft pick

To Van: C Filip Forsberg, D Cameron Schilling and a 2014 1st round draft pick

-After missing the playoffs due to poor goaltending Washington makes a strong move for Luongo. Lu gets to be a starter and Washington gets an All-Star goaltender. We get a couple good pieces and picks.

To NYI: D Keith Ballard, RW Dale Weise(RFA)

To Van: RW Matt Martin, LW Kirill Kabanov, 2013 2nd

-Ballard has a good year and he goes to place where he can play top 4 min and be an impact instead of stuck behind our depth. NYI need better defense, and hopefully Ballard performs well

Signings:

D Chris Tanev 3 years 1.25mill per

LW Chris Higgins 2 years 2mill per

C Maxim Lapierre 3 years 1.5mill per

LW Aron Volpatti 2 years 800 000per

C Jordan Schroeder 3 years 1.3mill per

D Kevin Connauton 2 years 900 000per

Roster 2013-2014

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen

Martin-Lapierre-Volpatti