- Marcus Johansson

- Troy Brouwer

- Dimitry Orlov

- 2013 1st Round Pick

Washington

- Roberto Luongo

- Mason Raymond

- 2014 2nd Round Pick

I like Mason Raymond, but we dont know how good he will be when Kesler and Booth are back. He gives Capitals speed and they love speed style hockey. Troy Brouwer gives us solid player and he is from BC. Johansson and Orlov good up and coming players. Roberto Luongo gives them all-star goaltending to help them win.

I'd much rather give Schroeder the chance to anchor the 3rd line this season....if we send him back down, he'll rot in the minors and be wasted talent.

I'd aim for Kuznetsov and a pick. Our roster postions seem to be solidifying by themselves, but our prospect pool is still very weak. A LW would have to be moved in the off-season in order to accomodate Kuznetsov, and Jensen (if Jensen makes the club)

Raymond/Booth are probably going to duke it out until the trade deadline for a top 6 spot. We can't afford to keep both because neither are very effective 3rd liners. Once Washington realizes they need a Goaltender in order to contend this year and in years to come, I'd demand the following because we are the one's in control of the trade and our team has not faltered so far. We are lucky enough to have 2 starters as a luxery, and do not have to give one away, where as Washington NEEDS a goalie like Luongo

To WSH-

Roberto Luongo-A franchise goalie who can stabilize Washington, and help them win games that might come down to which goalie lets in 1 less puck)

Mason Raymond/David Booth- Rounds out Washington's top 6

To VAN- Evgeni Kuznetsov- A high profile prospect who could be ready to play by the playoffs, or at the very least, the start of next season

1st/2nd rd pick- depending on how high either Booth or Raymond's value is by the deadline

I'd much rather give Schroeder the chance to anchor the 3rd line this season....if we send him back down, he'll rot in the minors and be wasted talent.

I'd aim for Kuznetsov and a pick. Our roster postions seem to be solidifying by themselves, but our prospect pool is still very weak. A LW would have to be moved in the off-season in order to accomodate Kuznetsov, and Jensen (if Jensen makes the club)

Raymond/Booth are probably going to duke it out until the trade deadline for a top 6 spot. We can't afford to keep both because neither are very effective 3rd liners. Once Washington realizes they need a Goaltender in order to contend this year and in years to come, I'd demand the following because we are the one's in control of the trade and our team has not faltered so far. We are lucky enough to have 2 starters as a luxery, and do not have to give one away, where as Washington NEEDS a goalie like Luongo

To WSH-

Roberto Luongo-A franchise goalie who can stabilize Washington, and help them win games that might come down to which goalie lets in 1 less puck)

Mason Raymond/David Booth- Rounds out Washington's top 6

To VAN- Evgeni Kuznetsov- A high profile prospect who could be ready to play by the playoffs, or at the very least, the start of next season

1st/2nd rd pick- depending on how high either Booth or Raymond's value is by the deadline

You can't really get much for Raymond even though he may well tear it up this year because he's a UFA next season. Maybe you could get something for him from a team who needs a forward to get into the playoffs, but not a team giving up prospects. Luongo + Bieksa or a prospect defenseman (Washington has six defensemen whose contracts expire at the end of the season and need replacements) could probably get Johansson and some picks, or maybe a couple of prospects and some picks. I think, in the end, any Luongo deal is going to heavy of future picks and light on players, but it will really depend on how well the team is playing at the time.

Welcome to CDC. For a first proposal, not bad. It's a little low however for me. Brouwer is no better than a 3rd or 4th line checker. I like Johansson and I would take him, but I don't think Orlov fits our system particularly well. For the record, when making proposals, adding Raymond or Ballard won't get you any love. There is a general consensus throughout CDC begging MG to trade them

Archived