Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swedish Vikings

Sami Salo will outperform Jason Garrison

153 posts in this topic

Can someone who makes dumb posts with little substance and no logic look at mine above and make sure I nailed it? Or did I forget the "OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" again?

Sami went there to tell Hedman how great Vancouver is!

and as far as Garrison goes,

he wanted to be a Canuck and he took less money to play here, nuff said!

I really wanted to just type "LOL" and press post, but let me give you a real answer

Sami Salo is 38.

Jason Garrison is 28.

+1

I really like Salo and I was sad about MG letting him go, but it's in the team's best interest.

Love Sami. My favorite player and extremely hard to see him go - and I hope he rocks in Tampa and they obviously needed him considering he landed two years and is playing on their top pairing. Love it, but I'm not going to engage in this Garrison vs Salo thing. Under the last CBA the 35+ risk (cap hit counts regardless) was a hard one for a contender to take - Tampa on the other hand isn't up against the cap. I'm not going to engage in this Salo vs Garrison thing - Sami is a stud who will produce nicely in Tampa - Garrison willl produce just fine for a long time. Seems to me he's leading the Canucks right now at +3 - not surprising though - they guy is a solid two way top four blueliner.

Best of luck Sami.

I noticed how your entire post engaged in the "Garrison vs. Salo thing" despite you explicitly claiming to avoid it twice.

This thread is ridiculous. Loved Salo. Time to move on. Just like Ohlund.

Money. Age. Injury Risk.

He was still good, but was beginning to show his age. And that's when he WAS healthy.

Sorry to see Salo go but he couldn't be counted on to stay healthy. Garrison might be a one hit wonder but he is much younger and most likely more durable.

I hope not, I picked Garrison over Salo as one of my late picks in my hockey pool. I need him to step up!

I really hate these trade comparisons between players because there's no real way to know for sure how things would have panned out if you hadn't done the trade.

It's like trading in an older car that's still running - sure, your new car is presumed to be "better" at that moment but you got a lot of mileage out of the old one so it's also served you well. There's no way of knowing how long your original car is going to last and it requires some $$ to keep it running so you decide based on what you think may happen. But that's not to say there aren't some good miles left in the old car. (Sorry, Sami, for comparing you to a car...in my mind, you'll always be a classic).

I was hoping (like Geroy/Lions), that Sami would retire a Canuck but also understand and reluctantly accept why that isn't happening.

This is only a 48 game season. Considering Salo's average 60 missed games a year due to injury, the fact that he is even playing right now is a miracle. That said, before he was an injured old man, he was a beast for us and he will always have my respect for what he brought to the nucks. It is all his years of hard work that have made him so injury prone over the last half decade.

As much as I appreciate Salo's skills it was time for him to move on. Too many injuries, and almost certain that he will have another this year, couples with the contract dollars and term.

Garrison, however, is a big strong body without the history of injuries. Has a similar offensive output ability and his best years are still ahead of him.

Overall good move my GMMG.

Sami salo is amazing. Thats that. We've always known that. He's got a great shot. He's a nice guy. Contributes quietly. He will be a great addition to any team. As for Garrison..... We are 5 games in! Give the guy a chance.

From the flashes of brilliance Garrison has shown he is >>>> Salo.

Garrison looks fine, but I don't think you were watching Sami closely enough during his time in Vancouver. On his game I put him as our #1 Dman. Amazingly smart player, superb positionally, great first pass, and THAT SHOT!

Loved Sami's game here in Vancouver. To say "Garrison >>>> Salo" is absolutely ridiculous. If anything, it is the other way around.

Good luck to both!

My return to CDC!

Anyways I'm not too sure that Salo is going to outperform Garrison, but I know one person who will.......

120701_Oilers_L.jpg

:bigblush:

This is only a 48 game season. Considering Salo's average 60 missed games a year due to injury, the fact that he is even playing right now is a miracle. That said, before he was an injured old man, he was a beast for us and he will always have my respect for what he brought to the nucks. It is all his years of hard work that have made him so injury prone over the last half decade.

Oh ya?! Average of sixty missed games a year. Way to pull that number __ _ ___ __!

You claim to give him respect yet you blatantly over exaggerate his injury history. He was one of our best defenders in the past decade, quit belittling him and learn how to show respect.

Disappointed he is gone, will probably win a cup before any current canuck just like Mitchel to burn us with the heat of karma.

yah salo might do better this year , or till he gets injured

but garrison has alot more years left in him and just got his offensive game going last year, give him some time