The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Injection of Youth

logic

Zack Kassian 22

Jordan Schroeder 22

Chris Tanev 23

Dale Weise 24

I realize its only 4 games in, but I hope to see some of these guys with the Canucks for a majority, if not the entire season.

Am I the only one who likes to see the younger guys step up and make a difference?

I find it quite nice to see some of our younger guys contributing, and playing well for the big club, its something that hasn't happened very often, if at all for this organization.

Here's how I could see the lines going into next year:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

I hope that Kassian can keep producing points, I'm not expecting him to score a goal every single game, but one and awhile would be nice.

He works well with the twins because he can use his size to protect the puck and make room for Henrik and Daniel.

Booth-Kesler-Jensen(21)

I think Jensen would be a nice fit along side our 30 goal scoring, and 40 goal scoring winger and center, because he can pass, but also has a deadly shot and can use his frame to his advantage.

Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen

Schroeder has proven he can handle third line minutes that aren't sheltered so far, he can win faceoffs, and is an amazing playmaker.

This line would be a nightmare on the forecheck, using their speed to cycle the puck, they would also be very stable defensively, they wont be afraid to go to the dirty areas.

Lapierre-Malhotra-Weise

this would be the ideal fourth line, they can be a very solid line to use as shutdown, and kill penalties. Weise, who i think can be more than just a checker has shown some potential. He just needs to work on being able to finish.

Bottom Pairing:

Corrado-Tanev

I could honestly see Corrado making the jump next year over someone like KConn, but this pairing would be solid in both ends of the ice, Tanev who can make what seems like 0 mistakes, can also make a great first pass. What he needs to work on is his shot, it seems like his shots are similar to that of a bantam hockey players.

Corrado's transition game is pretty great, he can quarterback your powerplay, or your penalty kill. he is great to be used in all situations. Corrado also isn't afraid to fight.

Zack Kassian:

Strengths:

-Making Space

-Sense of hockey IQ

-Size

Weaknesses:

-Footspeed

-Stamina

-Consistency

Nicklas Jensen

Strengths:

-Shot

-Passing

-Size

Weaknesses:

-Transition to the NHL

-Defensive awareness

Jordan Schroeder

Strengths:

-Speed

-Playmaking

-Defensive ability

Weaknesses:

-Size

-Consistency

I also think this team needs a injection of youth - but think it will happen next yr. Lack and Connauton will likely be on the team, along with Tanev/Kassian/Schroeder. Corrados a righty so not sure about Tanev-Corrado pairing. Also, Gillis was pretty clear about players getting time in the minors, so I think Corr will play a full yr there paired w/ Price (barring injuries). I do think they'll bring up Jensen at the end of next season before playoffs (like they did w/ Hodgy). Plus, they'll probably get a young C in a goalie trade. They'll look pretty good next yr.

Sedin-Sedin-Burr

Kassian-Kesler-Booth

Hansen-Schroeder (or new guy)-Higgins

Jensen-Malhotra-Weise/Volpatti

Juice-Hammer

Garry-Edler

Connauton-Tanev

Lack/Schneider

(I think they let Lappy go, and re-sign Manny cheap and Higgins for around $2.25M). Canucks are in a really good spot capwise next yr cause they have to many young guys who are ready to make the jump to NHL.

I think these lines may be better

Sedin Sedin Kassasin skill (Sedin), size/toughness/speed/go to the net (Kassasin)/set up ability (all three)

Booth Kesler Schroeder/Burrows size from kesler and booth, speed from all three, set up ability from Schroeder

Jensen Burrows/Schroeder Hansen like to see Jensen play with Hansen Burrows/Schroeder could alternate if one struggles ...

Volpatti/Higgins/Raymnd Lapiere Weise would be a good fourth line that provide energy and occasional score.......

I realize its only 4 games in, but I hope to see some of these guys with the Canucks for a majority, if not the entire season.

I want to see all of these in the CANUCKS for more than just this season. The way they are playing is what we need. When they have more experience the could well be the backbone of the team, well maybe not the backbone, how about the ribs!!

Go Canucks Go

You need young, skilled and energetic forwards and veteran, experienced and elite defencemen to win Cups nowadays.

Kings - Kopitar, Brown up front relatively young. Mitchell, Greene (veterans) and Doughty (elite/experienced)

Bruins - Peverley, Krejci, Lucic, Marchand up front all young and skilled. Chara, Seidenberg, Kaberle, Ference (all veterans).

Chicago - Toews, Kane, Sharp, Bolland etc. up front all young. Keith and Seabrook (elite), Campbell, Sopel (veterans)

Pittsburgh - Malkin, Crosby were very young. Oprik, Gill, Gonchar (veterans) and Letang (elite)

Detroit - Zetterberg and Datsyuk (young at the time, very skilled). Lidstrom, Rafalski etc. (veterans/elite)

Basically you need a good mix of youth and veteran leadership on any Cup winning team, but forwards should be young and skilled, defencemen should be older with more experience unless they're elite young players like Keith, Letang and Doughty were. We really need more youth up front with the Sedins, Burrows and Kesler getting old.

This season, throwing Hansen, Raymond, Kassian and Schroeder into bigger roles is exactly what this team needs. Booth's return will give us another younger player in his prime.

You need young, skilled and energetic forwards and veteran, experienced and elite defencemen to win Cups nowadays.

Kings - Kopitar, Brown up front relatively young. Mitchell, Greene (veterans) and Doughty (elite/experienced)

Bruins - Peverley, Krejci, Lucic, Marchand up front all young and skilled. Chara, Seidenberg, Kaberle, Ference (all veterans).

Chicago - Toews, Kane, Sharp, Bolland etc. up front all young. Keith and Seabrook (elite), Campbell, Sopel (veterans)

Pittsburgh - Malkin, Crosby were very young. Oprik, Gill, Gonchar (veterans) and Letang (elite)

Detroit - Zetterberg and Datsyuk (young at the time, very skilled). Lidstrom, Rafalski etc. (veterans/elite)

Basically you need a good mix of youth and veteran leadership on any Cup winning team, but forwards should be young and skilled, defencemen should be older with more experience unless they're elite young players like Keith, Letang and Doughty were. We really need more youth up front with the Sedins, Burrows and Kesler getting old.

This season, throwing Hansen, Raymond, Kassian and Schroeder into bigger roles is exactly what this team needs. Booth's return will give us another younger player in his prime.

We might not have a very deep prospect pool, but some of our young players look like they'll be able to fill roles in the near future for us. That's all I really can ask from a team that has been drafting from 20th position or higher. You have to get a lucky to get superstars from the later rounds.

Gaunce,Schroeder,Raymond.

Giroux ,Hartnell,Van Riemsdyck,Simmonds.

Thornton,Lucic,Marchand.

Nash,Richards,Callahan,Boyle,Kreider,Rupp.

Carter,Kopitar,Clifford,Penner,Brown,Richards,Gagner,Nolan.

Gaunce,Jensen and Shroeder and Raymond all on the top six.

Mmmm.ok.Sounds great if we want more medical emergencies.

Schroeder is said to be five foot seven in real life and Gaunce and Jensen would get killed with a top six comprised of teenagers and lighter weight men.

Jensen suffered a concussion in the AHL,already. Come on.The Flyers,Kings,Bruins and Rangers would eat these kids alive.

Archived