Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Looking Ahead: Chicago Feb 1, 2013 + Fans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#31 nuck luck

nuck luck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Duncan Keith is not going to drop the gloves with Zack Kassian though. Kassian's a light heavyweight in the league while Keith doesn't fight and is probably a featherweight.

If Keith fights, it's going to be with somebody like Alex Burrows, Keith Ballard, Maxim Lapierre, or Jannik Hansen. I'm sure Aaron Volpatti, Dale Weise, Kevin Bieksa, and Kassian will all challenge him, but he's not going to go with these guys and get his face smashed in.

I don't disagree.... I think Keith will skate away from Kass. I'm more interested in how the Hawks will 'handle' the Sedins with Kass as their new line mate.

#32 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Kassian vs. Keith

Lmao!! One can dream right? No way Keith is going to answer that bell.
Posted Image

#33 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

If i was at the game i'd be with ya brother. Unfortunately I'll be screaming at my TV and drinking cheap beer while i watch the game at home, but i better hear you Canucks fans.
Posted Image

#34 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,536 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

cant wait for that game! two fav teams going at it =)
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#35 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

I'll be at this game.

I'd say that it's only appropriate I wear one of my Torres jerseys.

#36 Nas19

Nas19

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

I want Keith to go Kassian. I don't care if Kassian is out of his weight class, Keith needs to answer for his gutless cheap shot on Sedin. Keith should grab his balls and just answer for what he did.

Matt Cooke fought Shawn Thornton after Cooke cheap-shotted Savard. Thornton is way out of his weight class yet Cooke realized he had to answer for his actions.

I want Keith to answer for his actions. But he probably won't. He's a coward.

#37 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

I want Keith to go Kassian. I don't care if Kassian is out of his weight class, Keith needs to answer for his gutless cheap shot on Sedin. Keith should grab his balls and just answer for what he did.

Matt Cooke fought Shawn Thornton after Cooke cheap-shotted Savard. Thornton is way out of his weight class yet Cooke realized he had to answer for his actions.

I want Keith to answer for his actions. But he probably won't. He's a coward.

There was pressure on Matt Cooke. Not the same kind of pressure on Duncan Keith. The hit is not likely on anybody's mind outside of Vancouver.

Edited by Opmac, 27 January 2013 - 01:06 PM.

Posted Image

#38 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

It's going to be awesome having Kass with the Sedins for that game. I just hope they take it to Keith and the rest of the team.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#39 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,321 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

It would be nice to hear a Keith chant when he touches the puck or something like that. Nothing vulgar but just something to let him know we remember.

That means more hair pulling from Burrows

If only Keith learned from that and pulled someones hair instead of giving Daniel that cheapshot.

#40 nucks all the way

nucks all the way

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

So many people asking for fights. I don't see the point in that; I'd rather Edler or Ballard hit Keith with a few crunching checks and make his head spin for a bit. As long as they don't intentionally go out to concuss him then all is fair.

#41 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Please call up Vandermeer and green light him to take a suspension taken out on Keith.
Justice needs to be served, on a stretcher.

An example needs to be made so EVERY TEAM in the league is served notice that the days of cheap shotting Vancouver's best assets , unanswered, are over.

a Vandermeer-Volpatti-Wiese combo should be matched up against Keith until he is taken away by ambulance.

(* Flame away Kumbaya types but you know it's long overdue )

Shut up. Don't be an idiot!

Nobody needs to be taken away in an ambulance and juvenile comments like this are what gives us as fans a bad name.

Id like to see Bieksa, Kassian, or Burrows drop the gloves with Keith. However, seeing how Keith is a total coward and watching him run away and hide behind his team mates after he hit Daniel, tells me he wont drop with any of these guys. I really just want to see a good fight. Bloody Keith up a bit, knock a tooth out, win the game, and move on.
"He'll play! You know he'll play! He'll play on crutches!"
"Adams shoots...SCORES!!! Greg Adams!!! Greg Adams!!!"
"They've slayed the dragon!!"

#42 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

I'm going to be as loud as ever from the comfort of my home. Maybe you'll hear it from Vancouver.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#43 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

So many people asking for fights. I don't see the point in that; I'd rather Edler or Ballard hit Keith with a few crunching checks and make his head spin for a bit. As long as they don't intentionally go out to concuss him then all is fair.

Seeing Edler destroy Keith like a semi-truck running over a donkey would also be very very very very very satisfying.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.