30 replies to this topic

#1 SevenDays

SevenDays

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

Hey guys, finally going to my first game and I'm just not sure which sit to pick.

Section 103
Row ICE

So, that's like by the glass?
And that's where the hawks shoot twice, right?

Or, maybe this one?

Section 114
Row 10

I've read on couple places that around row 10-ish is a good spot to see the whole game.
Also, I think this is where the nucks shoot twice.

Lastly, are seats on the side a lot better than corner ones? Cause this sit is like more than a hundred bucks more than the two above.

Section 104
Row 12

Any feedback is much appreciated guys!

Edited by SevenDays, 27 January 2013 - 12:09 AM.

#2 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

I would take the ice just cause that would be a cool opportunity no matter where you're situated

#3 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Section 103 is where the Hawks attack twice. That's a good view ice level.. Because if you were in like 104 or 105 ice, you can't see the live action play if the puck is down in the Hawks end because the glass reflects back and you can't see anything so your forced to look at the jumbotron..

114 is where the Hawks shoot twice. That's a sick spot too. 104 is where the Hawks attack twice. That's like the middle of the lower bowl and honestly, that's a very good view. Although it may be hard to see the Canucks score when, it's a pretty good spot to see the Hawks go to work.

Honestly, if it was me, I'd take the 103 ice level seats because there's no reflective glass in your way and you see the Hawks attack twice.

Edited by Markus Alexander Cody, 27 January 2013 - 12:30 AM.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#4 SevenDays

SevenDays

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

The only thing I'm a little worried about getting sits by the glass is that I might not catch the action on the other end of ice.

Would that be an issue?

#5 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,965 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

Posted Image

There's no such thing as a bad seat at GM Place Rogers Arena (though I prefer the sides to the corners).

Edited by GoaltenderInterference, 27 January 2013 - 12:16 AM.

Press the Panic Button! Posted Image

Posted Image
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl
Sig by .CM.

#6 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

Ice level is cool for the first bit but row 10ish is my fav!!
Posted Image

#7 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

The only thing I'm a little worried about getting sits by the glass is that I might not catch the action on the other end of ice.

Would that be an issue?

No. If you sit in the corners and ends at ice level, it'll be fine.. But once you turn the bend and sit at ice level along the longer sides of the ice, that's where you won't be able to see anything down the rink AT ALL. Trust me, I sat at 108 ice level during Markus Naslund night and I had to look up at the jumbotron half the game because the puck was at the opposing side.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#8 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,962 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Section 320 is a pretty sick view. I'd take the one where the Canucks attack twice IMO

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#9 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Sorry I had to edit many times.. Got my seating areas mixed up... 103 is where the Hawks attack twice.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Posted Image

^Truth

#10 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Personally i dont like the lower bowl, its a much more raucous and energetic atmosphere up top (less suits and families) and yea ur farther away but u get better peripherals. You can always catch highlights if u miss anything later

#11 exhalebritishcolumbia

exhalebritishcolumbia

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Would that be an issue?

I've sat right by the glass before. It's true, it's difficult to catch the action when it's on the other side of the ice. It would be best for you to choose the Section 104 seats or the Section 114 seats.

#12 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

My two cents, if you're in the lower bowl in any arena, always try to sit at least at row 10 or above.

1. Ends - too low hard to see the opposite end, but upside is you see your end like its in your living room, feel the speed, the hits, the size etc...so its just a different way to see the game.

2. Corners - too low again same issue as the ends but now you add in issues of light reflecting off the glass in the corner of the other end on the same side of the ice (if you can even see that corner), as on post mentioned you often end up watching up on the jumbo tron to see that action and then all of a sudden its in front of you but your eyes are still on the jumbotron! lol..just habit..but it happens.

3. Sides same issues with the corners/reflection on glass if too low.

I would take the 104 or 114 depending on what's cheaper and you'll have a better view of all the ice...

ps. terrific you're going to your first game! enjoy it!

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 27 January 2013 - 01:32 AM.

#13 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

Section 320 is a pretty sick view. I'd take the one where the Canucks attack twice IMO

The view of ants and your own blood as your nose bleeds...

Posted Image

#14 Brendan Gaunce

Brendan Gaunce

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

Any seat is great, just go lower if you want to be shot at with t-shirts but go high if you wanna save some money and still have a great seat.

Posted Image

#15 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

I've always wondered what it's like to sit at Row 1 in any section on the 300 level. Must be nice to not have anyone in front of you.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Posted Image

^Truth

#16 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,049 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

i usually sit around sec 111 or 112 first row... that way you can see the whole action... the seats in the middle u need 10+ rows to see the whole ice...

#17 luongo.is.god

luongo.is.god

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

No one has mentioned this yet so I'll add my 2 cents, Section 104 is part of the club section (which is why it's more expensive). The seats have extra cushion, you have your own cup holder, and (best of all) you can order food and drinks and have them delivered right to your seat so you never have to miss part of the game. There are attendants sitting on the stairs of each of the club sections (104-108), you just wave them over, place your order and wait to be served. Definitely an added bonus. Also, you have access to a full bar (you can order hard drinks) as well as more food choices (and better quality food).

If money isn't an issue I'd definitely go for the club seats in sec 104. If not, I'd probably go for the seats in sec 114. Sitting at ice level is cool for the novelty aspect but it's hard to see all parts of the rink. Since this is your first game, you'd probably prefer a view that allows you to see everything clearly.
Posted Image Posted Image
"Another game for MILOS!!!"......................................................................................................................................................."Fighting for a legacy"

Posted Image

Canucks - So good that even when they lose, they sometimes win!

#18 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

Questions about the Rogers Arena Site?

Well, it's a little known fact but it's built on an old native burial ground. Best you don't go around there.

Captain Vancouver crashed his boat in Burrard Inlet back in 1649, half the crew died and the other half had to survive the Canadian winter by gnawing the flesh off the bones of their crewmates.

Bill Vanderzalm planted an enormous five-city-block garden right on that site in the 1980s. Little did people know he was trying to appease the spirits of the old graveyard beneath the bricks. People laughed and removed him from office, but he knew what he was doing. Two weeks later, the spirits possessed Canucks management and they traded away Cam Neely.

They say the ghosts of the Jason Herter and Harold Druken draft picks walk between the cars in the parking lot during home games.

A pack of reanimated zombies laid havoc to the city when the Canucks lost the Stanley Cup in 1994. The whole thing started right near the site where Rogers Arena is now. Some said they seemed to crawl right out of the ground.

Sometimes...dead is better.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#19 ronadian

ronadian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

Any seat is great, just go lower if you want to be shot at with t-shirts but go high if you wanna save some money and still have a great seat.

everytime I do that I end up spending more cause of the munchies :bigblush:

#20 blueliner1955

blueliner1955

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

oh just go enjoy the game how many times i wish i could go to a game travel is issue even tho i 5 hours away i would just go enjoy the game been there odd game all seats a good no matter where u sit enjoy it

#21 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

As long as you're not wearing suits, I don't care where you sit

#22 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

I've always wondered what it's like to sit at Row 1 in any section on the 300 level. Must be nice to not have anyone in front of you.

Last game I went to I was in 318 or 319?

1st row, with the "wheelchair lounge" right below us.

That is a great spot to catch the Nux attacking twice. You are up high enough to see things end to end too.

Never had a seat 1st row upper level at center ice. If I were rich that would be my season ticket.

#23 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

Questions about the Rogers Arena Site?

Well, it's a little known fact but it's built on an old native burial ground. Best you don't go around there.

Captain Vancouver crashed his boat in Burrard Inlet back in 1649, half the crew died and the other half had to survive the Canadian winter by gnawing the flesh off the bones of their crewmates.

Bill Vanderzalm planted an enormous five-city-block garden right on that site in the 1980s. Little did people know he was trying to appease the spirits of the old graveyard beneath the bricks. People laughed and removed him from office, but he knew what he was doing. Two weeks later, the spirits possessed Canucks management and they traded away Cam Neely.

They say the ghosts of the Jason Herter and Harold Druken draft picks walk between the cars in the parking lot during home games.

A pack of reanimated zombies laid havoc to the city when the Canucks lost the Stanley Cup in 1994. The whole thing started right near the site where Rogers Arena is now. Some said they seemed to crawl right out of the ground.

Sometimes...dead is better.

So you're saying we should draft more natives?

#24 DonaldBrashear

DonaldBrashear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Corner seats suck because you also lose leg room (on the sharp corners). I'm like 6'4" and 270# and i hate those corner seats... friggen cramped. keep that in mind, unless you're super small and weak, then it doesnt matter.

The cheating in this game has already ruined it for me. I don't think you can get a fair game in Toronto so I'm turning over to the Maine vs Lowell game at 5.

@salmonberries you whining about refs already again? Every single game we lose you whine and cry about cheating or refs. I didn't see you whining about how the Penguins got screwed by the refs on Thursday and we got "handed" a 3-0 win. No complaints about the refs in that game?????????????????

That's because we won that one game you dope. Jeezus you're dense kid.

#25 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Corner seats suck because you also lose leg room (on the sharp corners). I'm like 6'4" and 270# and i hate those corner seats... friggen cramped. keep that in mind, unless you're super small and weak, then it doesnt matter.

:lol:
Posted Image

#26 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

So you're saying we should draft more natives?

I know what you're thinking and I'm just going to say...don't do it.

Sometimes, dead is better.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#27 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

Someone please correct if my I'm seeing things.. But has anybody noticed that the map presented when buying tickets is wrong?
They show the Canucks logo at centre ice and north of the logo is supposed to be the benches, but it shows the penalty boxes.. Also, the Canucks always start to right of the logo don't they?

I realized this after I bought my fix, I'm sitting in sec 325 thinking the Canucks would be attacking twice, but instead they will attack once.

#28 SgtPepper

SgtPepper

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

I've sat low in 103 and the view is fine.
Posted Image
Sig by WAAC

#29 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,049 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

checked with the customer service, looks like they just added those ice level seat this yr.. never have those before.. there are wheelchair section infront of you though.. but the seat are a bit higher so you won't be bothered

#30 NucksBrass

NucksBrass

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

they shuld demolishin roger arena an built kovalev arena an make him capitain an make seat red ok god deal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.