The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Questions About Rogers Arena Sits

SevenDays

Questions about the Rogers Arena Site?

Well, it's a little known fact but it's built on an old native burial ground. Best you don't go around there.

Captain Vancouver crashed his boat in Burrard Inlet back in 1649, half the crew died and the other half had to survive the Canadian winter by gnawing the flesh off the bones of their crewmates.

Bill Vanderzalm planted an enormous five-city-block garden right on that site in the 1980s. Little did people know he was trying to appease the spirits of the old graveyard beneath the bricks. People laughed and removed him from office, but he knew what he was doing. Two weeks later, the spirits possessed Canucks management and they traded away Cam Neely.

They say the ghosts of the Jason Herter and Harold Druken draft picks walk between the cars in the parking lot during home games.

A pack of reanimated zombies laid havoc to the city when the Canucks lost the Stanley Cup in 1994. The whole thing started right near the site where Rogers Arena is now. Some said they seemed to crawl right out of the ground.

Sometimes...dead is better.

Someone please correct if my I'm seeing things.. But has anybody noticed that the map presented when buying tickets is wrong?

They show the Canucks logo at centre ice and north of the logo is supposed to be the benches, but it shows the penalty boxes.. Also, the Canucks always start to right of the logo don't they?

I realized this after I bought my fix, I'm sitting in sec 325 thinking the Canucks would be attacking twice, but instead they will attack once.

Archived