9 replies to this topic

#1 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

I propose that Edmonton trades Yakupov to Montreal for Subban and Eller.

Edmonton gets a more balanced lineup. They get an emerging star defenseman. They also get a young centre who projects to be a good top-six, two-way player.

Losing Subban will hurt Montreal. They have plenty of depth of defense, but no one as dynamic as Subban. They also lose Eller, who has shown promise since being acquired in return for Halak.

But Montreal gets a future superstar. Yakupov re-unites with his junior teammate Galchenyuk. Those two will join Carey Price to form the nucleus of a core that a contender can be built around.

#2 winterhawks

winterhawks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

If the Oilers wanted a dman instead of Yakupov, they would have either swapped picks with the Blue Jackets or just drafted Ryan Murray.
download (1)

Ottawa Senators GM

CDCGML 

#3 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

I doubt Edmonton trades him already. But if their need for more D shows by the end of the season, they might consider a trade built around that. It could be a win-win potentially.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#4 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,540 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

This is surprisingly a pretty fair deal. I think Montreal and Edmonton would both accept. Montreal since they would be acquiring Yakupov and reuiniting him with Galchenyuk (we all know what they did to the OHL together), and Edmonton gets a potential franchise D man which they've been lacking for a long time.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#5 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

I'm sure they signed Schultz for a reason, and with the first pick at hand, they could've drafted Murray, Dumba, Trouba, or some other top defenseman.
Posted Image

#6 MarchandSucks

MarchandSucks

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

I think talent wise its equal, but Subban and Eller can't matchup with Yakupov's celebratory skills
Tampa Bay Lightning GM Mode 2015-2016
Toews 90 Stamkos 92 Kucherov 88
Mantha 83 Henrik 90 Lecavalier 85
Glencross 80 Thompson 74 Ranford 76
Richard 64 Lindholm 61 Connolly 74
Barberio 85 Jones 84
Morrow 75 Spurgeon 85
Methot 78 Streit 84
MIller 86
Hellberg 70

#7 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

Honestly, it's a ridiculous trade, and I hope jokes won't be made using bogus trade proposals.

This is my opiniion of saying the trade is preposterous and unlikely to happen.
Posted Image

#8 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

I'm sure they signed Schultz for a reason, and with the first pick at hand, they could've drafted Murray, Dumba, Trouba, or some other top defenseman.

Subban + Eller is more valuable as a combo than any one of those defensemen alone.

I agree there was probably a reason Edmonton signed Schultz. Perhaps the reason is that he was the most valuable player available.

#9 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,978 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

If Edmonton is going to trade one of their 4 young stars, I get the feeling it will be Taylor Hall.
Posted Image

#10 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

If Edmonton is going to trade one of their 4 young stars, I get the feeling it will be Taylor Hall.

My friends who are Oilers fans say the same thing.

Unless the Oilers feel keeping Hall would be too risky given his injury history, I think they should keep him. He is a tremendous athlete. He plays very hard. He brings an element that distinguishes him from their other young stars.

But I acknowledge I seem to be in the minority here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.