The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Panthers can't afford Weiss, looking to trade him

You do know Weiss has a 3.1 million dollar cap hit right? He would be an absolute bargain at that price.

And as for Florida not being able to afford him, that increases the chances of him being involved in a trade. Florida will likely want us to take cash back though. I would think in the form of Scottie Upshall.

So it would be:

Weiss

Bjugstad

Upshall

2nd

For

Luongo

You do know Weiss has a 3.1 million dollar cap hit right? He would be an absolute bargain at that price.

And as for Florida not being able to afford him, that increases the chances of him being involved in a trade. Florida will likely want us to take cash back though. I would think in the form of Scottie Upshall.

So it would be:

Weiss

Bjugstad

Upshall

2nd

For

Luongo

Really? So because he isn't logging minutes on a Florida PP where he would obviously get more chances playing with their players (in comparison to ours), he isn't good enough?

Really man? Garrison provides a solid hard-working defensive cog in our system. Labeling him as an underachiever as I read from you is completely ignorant of his defensive play. Garrison has been a solid addition and expecting him to repeat a 16 goal season as if he was playing beside Campbell is ridiculous.

Who says we have to re-sign him to make it a good trade?

Bjugstad would be the centerpiece to the trade. The guys going to be a stud.

Bjugstad and a 2nd would be good enough for Luongo IMO. But if we can get something to help us now, even if it's for just this season, it's worth it. Weiss would be a throw in for us taking Upshall's horrible contract. He can be bought out later.

Garrison looks fine defensively but he is not being used as effectively in Van as he was last year in Florida. No one is setting him up for one timers the way Campbell did on the PP.......He does not look like a 16 goal scorer right now at all. I didn't say those guys play like crap, I said they don't bring the same game to Vancouver when they end up here, which unfortunately in all 3 of those cases is true so far.

As for Booth, he has not played up to expectations at all and looks pretty average with Kesler.

Of course we all hope that will change but my point wasn't about what we hope for......

I forgot, this is CDC where if you do not believe the team is perfect you are not entitled to express an opinion.....Garrison was brought in to replace Salo and to provide a boost on the PP. On the defensive side he has done that. On the offensive side the Canucks coaching needs to adjust how they are using him on the PP if they hope to get 16 goals out of him. Not sure how that translates into hating a guy. He has been our best defensive dman so far along with Ballard and Tanev.

Archived