• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Everybody Hates Raymond

[Rumour] Panthers can't afford Weiss, looking to trade him

Wow, Garrison just keeps getting hate. It's been 4 games and he's been absolutely solid defensively. Goals =/= good d-man, although he should pick that part of his game up soon, too

You do know Weiss has a 3.1 million dollar cap hit right? He would be an absolute bargain at that price.

And as for Florida not being able to afford him, that increases the chances of him being involved in a trade. Florida will likely want us to take cash back though. I would think in the form of Scottie Upshall.

So it would be:

Weiss

Bjugstad

Upshall

2nd

For

Luongo

They won't be able to afford him because they're going to have to pay Luongo 6 million a season. That's why.

You do know Weiss has a 3.1 million dollar cap hit right? He would be an absolute bargain at that price.

And as for Florida not being able to afford him, that increases the chances of him being involved in a trade. Florida will likely want us to take cash back though. I would think in the form of Scottie Upshall.

So it would be:

Weiss

Bjugstad

Upshall

2nd

For

Luongo

He is also a UFA.....high price for a rental if you ask me. Unless you think he will accept 3.1 million as a UFA to stay in Van....ya, good luck with that.

For everyone here who doesn't seem to know how to read and interpret......I was not hating on players or suggesting they are garbage. I was saying they do not seem to live up to expectations once they get to Van from Florida.

God, can anyone actually tell the difference between hating on a player and making an observation that he is being used differently here???? frack me CDC is stupid

Really? So because he isn't logging minutes on a Florida PP where he would obviously get more chances playing with their players (in comparison to ours), he isn't good enough?

Really man? Garrison provides a solid hard-working defensive cog in our system. Labeling him as an underachiever as I read from you is completely ignorant of his defensive play. Garrison has been a solid addition and expecting him to repeat a 16 goal season as if he was playing beside Campbell is ridiculous.

Who says we have to re-sign him to make it a good trade?

Bjugstad would be the centerpiece to the trade. The guys going to be a stud.

Bjugstad and a 2nd would be good enough for Luongo IMO. But if we can get something to help us now, even if it's for just this season, it's worth it. Weiss would be a throw in for us taking Upshall's horrible contract. He can be bought out later.

Garrison looks fine defensively but he is not being used as effectively in Van as he was last year in Florida. No one is setting him up for one timers the way Campbell did on the PP.......He does not look like a 16 goal scorer right now at all. I didn't say those guys play like crap, I said they don't bring the same game to Vancouver when they end up here, which unfortunately in all 3 of those cases is true so far.

As for Booth, he has not played up to expectations at all and looks pretty average with Kesler.

Of course we all hope that will change but my point wasn't about what we hope for......

Bjugstad isn't going anywhere either way, with or without Weiss.

To Vancouver:

- Weiss

- Upshall (Cap Dump)

- Petrovic or Trocheck

- Conditional 2nd (If Weiss doesn't re-sign)

To Florida:

- Luongo

I forgot, this is CDC where if you do not believe the team is perfect you are not entitled to express an opinion.....Garrison was brought in to replace Salo and to provide a boost on the PP. On the defensive side he has done that. On the offensive side the Canucks coaching needs to adjust how they are using him on the PP if they hope to get 16 goals out of him. Not sure how that translates into hating a guy. He has been our best defensive dman so far along with Ballard and Tanev.