The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Panthers can't afford Weiss, looking to trade him

That link also speculates that the Panthers could be for sale again.

I don't know if that eliminates the possibility of Luongo deal - he could help sell tickets.

But with Philly and Washington on the hotseat, things are looking good for MG.

Garrison leads the Canucks right now with a +3.

I have no problem with the deals the Canucks have cut with the Panthers.

Luongol, Jovanovski, Higgins, Garrison...

I think people over-state what was given up for Ballard and Booth. Those deals are nowhere near as bad as many people on CDC suggest.

When Booth plays like he can he is worth close to his salary, he has the ability to take over games. To bad he keeps getting injured. Ballard has looked great this year (Better than Bieska). The Tanev-Ballard tandem is one of the best third pairing in the league. Garrison still looks uncomfortable in our system but it is easy to see how he was so good last year. I wouldn't mind getting Weiss along with a prospect for Lu. They may just not be able to pay Weiss the amount of money he wants. Maybe with a contender Weiss would re sign for less with us.

Booth scored at a 23 goal pace with Vancouver. Not bad for a second line player coming to a new team in a new conference, battling two separate injuries, has teammates who don't know how to pass and limited pp time.

Put Booth with the Sedins and give him 3 minutes of pp time per game and he scores 35-40. Kesler was awful last season. He had 28 ESP in in 1,123 minutes. Booth had 22 ESP in 814 minutes. This means Kesler got an ESP for every 41 minutes of ice time, whereas Booth had one for every 37 minutes of ice time. Booth's number also includes his 1 point in 6 games with Florida, so it would likely be around 1 point in every 35 minutes with Vancouver.

Archived