19 replies to this topic

#1 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Does anyone else feel as if the new canucks site could have been made by a 5 year old with crayons? It looks horrible and whoever made it should feel bad.

Posted Image

#2 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,346 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

You tell em!!
Posted Image

#3 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,519 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

I don't see anything wrong with the website? It looks more or less the same as before. :mellow:

Posted Image

#4 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

I think they should upgrade their server instead of changing the design of the website. I swear, every now and then, the site will run super fast... But there are times where the site will crash or it'll take forever to even load a page...

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR DAMN SERVER SO YOU CAN HANDLE MORE THAN JUST 1000 PEOPLE AT A TIME.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

View PostMarkus Alexander Cody, on 19 July 2010 - 11:34 PM, said:

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#5 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Pigs must be flying in the snow and hell has surely frozen over because I actually agree with the OP.

It looks terrible. Surely this can't be the final draft of the new website because it's awful. People actually worked and got paid to create this 'upgrade' on purpose?

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 27 January 2013 - 12:27 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#6 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

I don't see anything wrong with the website? It looks more or less the same as before. :mellow:

Im talking about the website, not the forum.. The website is not even close to what it was 2 weeks ago. NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Pigs must be flying in the snow and hell has surely frozen over because I actually agree with the OP.

It looks terrible. Surely this can't be the final draft of the new website because it's awful. People actually worked and got paid to create this 'upgrade' on purpose?

Thanks, I think..

Edited by G-52, 27 January 2013 - 12:27 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,519 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Im talking about the website, not the forum.. The website is not even close to what it was 2 weeks ago. NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Thanks, I think..

Yeah, I know. It looks the same. :mellow:

Obviously the site was updated, but it's the same website. Only graphics were changed around. The same components are all still there. It's the same news thing, etc.

Posted Image

#8 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Obviously the site was updated, but it's the same website. Only graphics were changed around. The same components are all still there. It's the same news thing, etc.

It looks quite different, actually, from when I looked at it a couple of days ago. And not in a good way.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#9 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

The changed graphics is the entire point of this thread.. There are also differences within each of the different components and even they look down right terrible. You are blind if you cannot see the difference between the old page with luongo on it and the new page that looks like crap hit a fan.

Posted Image

#10 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

I think they should upgrade their server instead of changing the design of the website. I swear, every now and then, the site will run super fast... But there are times where the site will crash or it'll take forever to even load a page...

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR DAMN SERVER SO YOU CAN HANDLE MORE THAN JUST 1000 PEOPLE AT A TIME.

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't give a fat rat's a$$ about changing the look. The length of time it can take to load threads is ridiculous. You'd think that the team with the most active web site in the NHL would spend some of it's millions on actually upgrading to some decent servers.
Posted Image

#11 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,384 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

whats difference (from what i can see)
  • removed container around main site
  • changed font
  • layout to add tiles
overall it looks much more minimalistic which is the trend of the web right now (see windows 8 and the microsoft rebrand). i dont mind it but its not my favourite. i dont really like the OTOW background though
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#12 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

whats difference (from what i can see)

• removed container around main site
  • changed font
  • layout to add tiles
overall it looks much more minimalistic which is the trend of the web right now (see windows 8 and the microsoft rebrand). i dont mind it but its not my favourite. i dont really like the OTOW background though

Im not sure what OTOW is exactly, but the background is one of the worst parts of the new site. BY FAR!

Posted Image

#13 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,482 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Ooooh. I agree. Horrible-looking and amateurish.

And the mobile site reminds us of how we lost in the playoffs to the Kings. Time for an update?
Posted Image

#14 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Im not sure what OTOW is exactly, but the background is one of the worst parts of the new site. BY FAR!

Our Team, Our Way.

I guess we aren't all Canucks!
Posted Image

#15 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,482 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

#OurTeamOurWay

Meh. At least it's not a #7 banner.
Posted Image

#16 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,954 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Looks terrible, and like BB said, makes me laugh that someone was paid to "upgrade" it.

And yeah, #OTOW and the background sucks.

Posted ImagePosted Image

RIP LB RR PD

#17 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

I went back and saw the our team our way thing and was like durrr, but yeah.. TERRIBLE!

Posted Image

#18 allons-y

allons-y

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

I kinda like the new layout but it feels like they're not done, like they're missing a stylesheet or something. The font doesn't fit well, calendar/schedule looks really bland and the background image looks grainy and low quality.
Posted Image
I make hockey sigs. Send me a request.

#19 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Posted Image

#20 VoiceOfReason_

VoiceOfReason_

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

Looks like the same site with a new font....

Nothing to stress over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.