The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Forward Lines when Kesler and Booth comes back?

Sportjunky

Kesler on the 3rd line....

Once Kesler and Booth are back, and if Raymond, Kassian and Schroeder are all performing, I'd go with this:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Raymond - Schroeder - Burrows

_______ - Lapierre - Hansen

Malhotra/Volpatti/Weise/Ebbet

If Kassian is still playing well with the Sedins, I'd leave them. No reason to change. Reunite the AMEX line. Raymond and Schroeder have some chemistry and Burrows is more than capable of producing offense. Lapierre and Hansen on the 4th line is a luxury. Only question is who to put on the left side. Manny is the obvious choice for faceoff ability, but I like the grit Volpatti or Weise could bring.

I think whats really exciting is no matter how you juggle those top 3 lines there is a mix of SPEED, talent, and grit ..Something I feel we were missing the last few years .. wit the the sedins and kassian .. burrows , kessler and booth .... raymond shroeder and higgens [hansen ] .. this team is deep and hard to stop .. and that not even adding whatever we may get in the lu deal ... If they actually stay consistent with the reffing this is a tough team to beat in a 7 game series .. Speed kills ..

Since the coaching staff likes having pairs, it will be...

Sedin - Sedin - ???

??? - Kesler - Booth

Raymond - Schroeder - ??? (the two have shown some chemistry)

??? - Lapierre - Hansen

So...

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Schroeder - Raymond

Volpatti - Lapierre - Hansen

?

I think if Raymond continues to play as he does, he might earn a spot on the 2nd line and Burrows might move down. Overall I would likely put Hansen over Higgins for a 3rd line role right now.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Raymond-Kesler-Booth

Burrows-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Laprierre-Volpatti

Weise

Manny

Although I'm conflicted in moving up Raymond, simply for the reasoning of Raymond-Schroeder making such a great pair.

So many option! :frantic:

I think kesler has some issues he needs to or maybe hopfully has worked out. He always wants to do everything himself but it is a team game. He rarely passes the puck, and if he does it is only because it is his last available play which usually means its a crapty pass to nowhere, also hes not a very good passer to begin with.

When kesler returns he should play third line for probably a week unless he demonstrates before that time that hes in game shape and ready to roll on the 2nd. With that said I would have no issues with him being permanently put on the third line.

As AV and gillis have mentioned with Kassian playing well that opens a lot of options, one problem we still have is a lack of right/center and an overabundance of left wings. With the nature of a shortened season and the fact that their return will ultimately make our team RE-gain any chemistry they have had in the weeks before keslers return it would be ideal to segregate the returning players and let them figure it out for them selves without dragging down the rest of the team in the process.

As a side note, I would like to say that a LOT of you guys have NO clue what positions our players even play in and would encourage you to learn that before creating fantasy rosters.

There are a few different scenarios I would like to see happen, this being one of the more prominent ones.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Shroed (RW Aquired from LU/Raymond)

Booth Kesler Hansen

Higgins Lappy Weiss/volpatti

If they need to mix up toughness or mix up to get a spark they can swap burrows and booth up and down to provide some grit and toughness.

lol take kassian from the top line where he actually makes an impact and produces?

You really think he will make a bigger impact with raymond and schroeder just because he has size? that's not how it works bud.

Take Kassian off the top line and he doesn't have much of an impact on the game anymore.

Personally I would like to see:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Higgins-Kesler-Burrows

Raymond- Schroeder-Booth

Weise-Lapierre-Hansen

This way we have 2 scoring lines in the sedins and schroeder. Energy line up in Lapierre. Kesler's line could be a checking/scoring line. So by doing this, we have depth and skill spread out instead of loading up two lines. Each line has chemistry which is key. Plus Booth would finally have a centre that can pass and set him up.

Archived