The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Forward Lines when Kesler and Booth comes back?

Sportjunky

I think kesler has some issues he needs to or maybe hopfully has worked out. He always wants to do everything himself but it is a team game. He rarely passes the puck, and if he does it is only because it is his last available play which usually means its a crapty pass to nowhere, also hes not a very good passer to begin with.

When kesler returns he should play third line for probably a week unless he demonstrates before that time that hes in game shape and ready to roll on the 2nd. With that said I would have no issues with him being permanently put on the third line.

As AV and gillis have mentioned with Kassian playing well that opens a lot of options, one problem we still have is a lack of right/center and an overabundance of left wings. With the nature of a shortened season and the fact that their return will ultimately make our team RE-gain any chemistry they have had in the weeks before keslers return it would be ideal to segregate the returning players and let them figure it out for them selves without dragging down the rest of the team in the process.

As a side note, I would like to say that a LOT of you guys have NO clue what positions our players even play in and would encourage you to learn that before creating fantasy rosters.

There are a few different scenarios I would like to see happen, this being one of the more prominent ones.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Shroed (RW Aquired from LU/Raymond)

Booth Kesler Hansen

Higgins Lappy Weiss/volpatti

If they need to mix up toughness or mix up to get a spark they can swap burrows and booth up and down to provide some grit and toughness.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen

Weise - Lappiere - Kassian

Hamhuis - Edler

Garrison - Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev

--

I changed up the D pairing so Edler and Garrison have a partner that can cover for their mistakes.

Personally I would like to see:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Higgins-Kesler-Burrows

Raymond- Schroeder-Booth

Weise-Lapierre-Hansen

This way we have 2 scoring lines in the sedins and schroeder. Energy line up in Lapierre. Kesler's line could be a checking/scoring line. So by doing this, we have depth and skill spread out instead of loading up two lines. Each line has chemistry which is key. Plus Booth would finally have a centre that can pass and set him up.

does it really matter what you call the 2nd or third line? Just roll out for lines. Kelser ussually plays aganst the oppostions best line so in a way it isnt really a 2nd scoring line. I would put Booth with Schroeder because I think Booth needs someone to get him the puck and Schroeder can do that.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Booth

Higgins-Kesler-Burrows

Vopatti-Lappy-Hansen

Malhotra

So who cares which line is 2nd or 3rd. You need to play 4 lines to win in the playoffs and this seems capable.

If Kesler is not on our 2nd line, then we aren't contenders. Its as simple as that. Unless MG is trading Lu for Stephen Weiss who is a veteran and can put up big points. Giving the 2nd line position to Schroeder in his first NHL season and possibly first NHL playoffs would be a disaster waiting to happen. Even the Wings don't give up the higher spots in the lineup to rookies who haven't done anything in the NHL yet.

If the rumors are true and Lu is traded to FLA for a prospect and the unsigned Stephen Weiss, then this lineup would be a bit different. Now we are just waiting to see when Luongo gets traded.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Kesler-Booth

Raymond-Weiss-Hansen

Volpatti-Malhotra-Higgins/Lappy

That forward corp with a dynamic third line would make us really dangerous. Weiss would be the perfect fit between Raymond and Hansen.

Archived