Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Canucks Forward Lines when Kesler and Booth comes back?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#31 Hodgson!!

Hodgson!!

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-Schroeder-Raymond

Hansen-Lappiere-Malhotra

By that time Luongo is probably going to be gone though :/
Posted Image

Signature Made by Vintage Canuck

#32 KraKassian

KraKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

I think if Raymond continues to play as he does, he might earn a spot on the 2nd line and Burrows might move down. Overall I would likely put Hansen over Higgins for a 3rd line role right now.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Raymond-Kesler-Booth
Burrows-Schroeder-Hansen
Higgins-Laprierre-Volpatti

Weise
Manny

Although I'm conflicted in moving up Raymond, simply for the reasoning of Raymond-Schroeder making such a great pair.

So many option! :frantic:

#33 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

I think kesler has some issues he needs to or maybe hopfully has worked out. He always wants to do everything himself but it is a team game. He rarely passes the puck, and if he does it is only because it is his last available play which usually means its a crapty pass to nowhere, also hes not a very good passer to begin with.

When kesler returns he should play third line for probably a week unless he demonstrates before that time that hes in game shape and ready to roll on the 2nd. With that said I would have no issues with him being permanently put on the third line.

As AV and gillis have mentioned with Kassian playing well that opens a lot of options, one problem we still have is a lack of right/center and an overabundance of left wings. With the nature of a shortened season and the fact that their return will ultimately make our team RE-gain any chemistry they have had in the weeks before keslers return it would be ideal to segregate the returning players and let them figure it out for them selves without dragging down the rest of the team in the process.

As a side note, I would like to say that a LOT of you guys have NO clue what positions our players even play in and would encourage you to learn that before creating fantasy rosters.

There are a few different scenarios I would like to see happen, this being one of the more prominent ones.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Shroed (RW Aquired from LU/Raymond)
Booth Kesler Hansen
Higgins Lappy Weiss/volpatti

If they need to mix up toughness or mix up to get a spark they can swap burrows and booth up and down to provide some grit and toughness.

Posted Image

#34 MadSkillz

MadSkillz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

Lineup when healthy without trading Luongo

Sedins-kassian
Booth-Kesler-Raymond(if continues to play well)
Higgins-burrows-Hansen(nightmare for any offensive speedy lineup to play against)
Volpatti-Lappy-weise

Same defensive pairing

Edited by MadSkillz, 27 January 2013 - 03:03 PM.

sup everybody

#35 english_14

english_14

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Schroeder is not going to be here when Kesler is back.

#36 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

For once I really have no opinion on the matter.. I'm prepared to just let the coaching staff handle the situation, I just wanna see us put a good game on the ice!

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#37 Go Faulk Yourself

Go Faulk Yourself

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,515 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

I'm amazed that I'm looking at these lineups and everyone is throwing Volpatti out of the lines or as a healthy scratch. He's played better than Malholtra, Lappiere, Higgins & Weise.

Edited by Go Faulk Yourself, 27 January 2013 - 04:31 PM.

IsxazT7.gif

St. Louis Blues STHS GM small.png

Colorado Avalanche EHL GM small.png

#38 pistolpro327

pistolpro327

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

lol take kassian from the top line where he actually makes an impact and produces?

You really think he will make a bigger impact with raymond and schroeder just because he has size? that's not how it works bud.

Take Kassian off the top line and he doesn't have much of an impact on the game anymore.

#39 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

So much depth

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen
Raymond - Lappy - Weise
Volpatti - Malhorta
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#40 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Personally I would like to see:
Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Higgins-Kesler-Burrows
Raymond- Schroeder-Booth
Weise-Lapierre-Hansen

This way we have 2 scoring lines in the sedins and schroeder. Energy line up in Lapierre. Kesler's line could be a checking/scoring line. So by doing this, we have depth and skill spread out instead of loading up two lines. Each line has chemistry which is key. Plus Booth would finally have a centre that can pass and set him up.

Email this to AV.... And lets roll with it.

Edit: but lets call the kesler line the second line, that way people won't get there feathers ruffled.

Edited by Nino, 27 January 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#41 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

So much depth

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Raymond - Lappy - Weise
Volpatti - Malhorta

And we should play booth with Ryan because? Is it because it it looks good on paper or did you actually like watching two players on the same line play keep away from each other?

Edit: I agree with caper on Raymond. He is playing well with Schroeder but you pull him off his line and put him on the 4th.

Edited by Nino, 27 January 2013 - 06:08 PM.

#42 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Schroeder is not going to be here when Kesler is back.

With the team we have now he should be, but if we get a center in the Lou trade your right.

#43 Caper

Caper

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

So much depth

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Raymond - Lappy - Weise
Volpatti - Malhorta

I think Raymond has played well enough to stay up on the second line, certainly not get dropped to the third.
LongHanded - Somewhere between Don Cherry and someone coherent.

#44 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

There no way Jordon should be sent back to AHL..............if he continue to play well, he should push someone esle out of the lineup......he deserve to be here

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#45 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

The problem is that these lineups you guys are suggesting are just to soft, aside from Kassian.

I wouldn't say that Higgins, Kesler, Booth, Burrows, Lapierre and Hansen are "soft". No they're not goons, but they're all willing to go to the dirty areas, make hits and grind along the wall while winning board battles. They all have grit. They're not soft. When everyone is healthy the Canucks will have a good forward mix.

Would you rather have someone like Hordichuk in the lineup? He's "tough".
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#46 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

I think kesler has some issues he needs to or maybe hopfully has worked out. He always wants to do everything himself but it is a team game. He rarely passes the puck, and if he does it is only because it is his last available play which usually means its a crapty pass to nowhere, also hes not a very good passer to begin with.

When kesler returns he should play third line for probably a week unless he demonstrates before that time that hes in game shape and ready to roll on the 2nd. With that said I would have no issues with him being permanently put on the third line.

As AV and gillis have mentioned with Kassian playing well that opens a lot of options, one problem we still have is a lack of right/center and an overabundance of left wings. With the nature of a shortened season and the fact that their return will ultimately make our team RE-gain any chemistry they have had in the weeks before keslers return it would be ideal to segregate the returning players and let them figure it out for them selves without dragging down the rest of the team in the process.

As a side note, I would like to say that a LOT of you guys have NO clue what positions our players even play in and would encourage you to learn that before creating fantasy rosters.

There are a few different scenarios I would like to see happen, this being one of the more prominent ones.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Shroed (RW Aquired from LU/Raymond)
Booth Kesler Hansen
Higgins Lappy Weiss/volpatti

If they need to mix up toughness or mix up to get a spark they can swap burrows and booth up and down to provide some grit and toughness.

You are putting Kesler, our $5 mil, Selke winning 40 goal scoring center in the 3rd line in order to have an undersized rookie on our 2nd line? What are you smoking? We aren't rebuilding, we are trying to win the cup.

Posted Image

#47 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

There no way Jordon should be sent back to AHL..............if he continue to play well, he should push someone esle out of the lineup......he deserve to be here

Schroeder might be good on the 3rd line but there is no freaking way he is on the 2nd line when we have a healthy lineup.

Posted Image

#48 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

You are putting Kesler, our $5 mil, Selke winning 40 goal scoring center in the 3rd line in order to have an undersized rookie on our 2nd line? What are you smoking? We aren't rebuilding, we are trying to win the cup.

Can't play on past accomplishments forever.That was a long time ago!!!!He in no way should get a free pass to the 2nd line until he's earned it.No different than Luongo.Earn your place.

Edited by fagin, 27 January 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#49 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Booth
Weise - Lappiere - Kassian

Hamhuis - Edler
Garrison - Bieksa
Ballard - Tanev

--

I changed up the D pairing so Edler and Garrison have a partner that can cover for their mistakes.

#50 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Personally I would like to see:
Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Higgins-Kesler-Burrows
Raymond- Schroeder-Booth
Weise-Lapierre-Hansen

This way we have 2 scoring lines in the sedins and schroeder. Energy line up in Lapierre. Kesler's line could be a checking/scoring line. So by doing this, we have depth and skill spread out instead of loading up two lines. Each line has chemistry which is key. Plus Booth would finally have a centre that can pass and set him up.

Awesome rationale. Keeping Schroeder and Raymond together is key, as is keeping Booth and Kesler apart. I would be excited to watch any of those lines!

#51 Crowfro

Crowfro

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

does it really matter what you call the 2nd or third line? Just roll out for lines. Kelser ussually plays aganst the oppostions best line so in a way it isnt really a 2nd scoring line. I would put Booth with Schroeder because I think Booth needs someone to get him the puck and Schroeder can do that.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Booth
Higgins-Kesler-Burrows
Vopatti-Lappy-Hansen
Malhotra

So who cares which line is 2nd or 3rd. You need to play 4 lines to win in the playoffs and this seems capable.

#52 Gunner Garrison

Gunner Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Eventually I think AV will convert back to Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Then we'll have an experiment of Booth - Kesler - Schroeder

Something like Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Then to top it off: Volpatti - Malhotra - Raymond

with Raymond moving up and down the lineup....

#53 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Raymond-Kesler-Burrows
Booth-Schroeder-Hansen
Vandermeer-Volpatti-Weise

Garrison-Tanev
Ballard-Bieksa
Hamhuis- Edler
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#54 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Kass/Burr
Burr/Kass-Kes-Booth
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Weise-Lappy/Higgins-Volpatti

Higgy and Lapps need to step up or they're gonna miss out on a spot. Playing like trash right now.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 27 January 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#55 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Kesler-Booth
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Higgins/Weise
Posted Image

#56 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Can't play on past accomplishments forever.That was a long time ago!!!!He in no way should get a free pass to the 2nd line until he's earned it.No different than Luongo.Earn your place.

If Kesler is not on our 2nd line, then we aren't contenders. Its as simple as that. Unless MG is trading Lu for Stephen Weiss who is a veteran and can put up big points. Giving the 2nd line position to Schroeder in his first NHL season and possibly first NHL playoffs would be a disaster waiting to happen. Even the Wings don't give up the higher spots in the lineup to rookies who haven't done anything in the NHL yet.

Posted Image

#57 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Kesler-Booth
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Higgins/Weise

If the rumors are true and Lu is traded to FLA for a prospect and the unsigned Stephen Weiss, then this lineup would be a bit different. Now we are just waiting to see when Luongo gets traded.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Kesler-Booth
Raymond-Weiss-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Higgins/Lappy

That forward corp with a dynamic third line would make us really dangerous. Weiss would be the perfect fit between Raymond and Hansen.

Posted Image

#58 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

If Kesler is not on our 2nd line, then we aren't contenders. Its as simple as that. Unless MG is trading Lu for Stephen Weiss who is a veteran and can put up big points. Giving the 2nd line position to Schroeder in his first NHL season and possibly first NHL playoffs would be a disaster waiting to happen. Even the Wings don't give up the higher spots in the lineup to rookies who haven't done anything in the NHL yet.

.....I wasn't suggesting Schroeder taking Keslers spot.I've thought most of last season and this short season we needed to obtain a 2nd line centre.....Reason ! I don't expect Kesler to return to his expected form prior to last season At least not this season it'll be too short for him to regain that form.jmo !

#59 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

If the rumors are true and Lu is traded to FLA for a prospect and the unsigned Stephen Weiss, then this lineup would be a bit different. Now we are just waiting to see when Luongo gets traded.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Kesler-Booth
Raymond-Weiss-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Higgins/Lappy

That forward corp with a dynamic third line would make us really dangerous. Weiss would be the perfect fit between Raymond and Hansen.

Would rather see booth not play with Ryan, doesn't help us or them selfs. Hanson would be a better option with Ryan. Other than that it looks good.

#60 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Schroeder might be good on the 3rd line but there is no freaking way he is on the 2nd line when we have a healthy lineup.

once again , what makes you think kesler will be up to game speed
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.