The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT - Canucks vs Sharks

van_can_man

Sharks top line played in Europe during the lockout so they are in game shape. Nucks are still have plenty of rust to shake off. No second line and a D that struggles in the devensive zone does not bode well for our team. Better stay out of the penalty box or it will be a Shark blowout.

I will be very surprised if the Nucks take this one. In a month from now, they will be kicking Shark ***.

This is going to be a tough game. The Sharks are hot to start the season and, make no mistake, they are legit. They've honestly been a good team every year but I think this year is the first time that their team isn't under the microscope. They've underachieved immensely throughout the years to the point that everyone has pretty much disregarded them and now they're playing like they're capable of.

That being said, it's not like they're going to pummel the Canucks either. I just think they'll be a challenge. As for a prediction, I'm going with 4-3 Canucks. It'll be a PP fiesta, with each team scoring 2 powerplay goals but the Canucks will have the slight edge 5 on 5.

VAN goals:

D. Sedin (PP)

Kassian (PP)

Hansen

Bieksa

SJS goals:

Pavelski (PP)

Boyle (PP)

Couture

It's a tad premature to start calling WCF teams. Really, any game in this play-the-conference-teams-only season is a potential WCF preview, so it's not much of an observation. It's almost 2 sepatrate leagues this year, and the only interconference games will be the SCF.

Sharks are scoring a ton right now (19 goals in 4 games!), but their defence and goaltending has been good also (only 7 goals allowed), so this is definitely a hot team and a good test for the Canucks.

Go Canucks Go 4-3 OT win.

this is the first real challenge of the season

i know the ducks were pretty hot to start the year but we all know the sharks are for real

wont be surprised if we lose considering how good there doing , they cant start as slow as they did against the ducks

i wanna see kassian take out mcginn, or ballard hipcheck mcginn

someone punch / beat up / hit mcginn

this is the first real challenge of the season

i know the ducks were pretty hot to start the year but we all know the sharks are for real

wont be surprised if we lose considering how good there doing , they cant start as slow as they did against the ducks

i wanna see kassian take out mcginn, or ballard hipcheck mcginn

someone punch / beat up / hit mcginn

Archived