1076 replies to this topic

#1051 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,038 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Well, Daniel was a useless tit tonight. No shots, -2.

Either do your job or get the hell off the ice.

Sedins had a bad game, but they've done everything for the previous 4 games. It'd be nice if some of the other 9 forwards produced a little. Where's Higgins? where's Hansen? Where's Burrows? Where's Lapierre? Where's Weise? Where's Ebbett? Where's Schroeder?

Edited by Doug The Thug Glatt, 27 January 2013 - 08:48 PM.

Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#1052 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

This team is sucking, we have to beat the flames in shoot outs, got an ass kicking by the ducks, lost to the oilers, had one solid win and right back to getting our butts kicked again, Sedins are in playoff forum, Schnieder has some work to do if he wants to replace Luongo, Canucks need to get their crap together you can't have slow starts with this shortend season.

#1053 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

can't wait for those 2 to come back and get rid of weise and ebbett..

As if they were the problem. How our "stars" can get a free ride and the younger/non-regulars get blamed for tonight is beyond me. The Sedins crapped the bed and were an embarrassment. Kassian took on one of the toughest guys in teh league and the team didn't even respond. Schroeder in his 3rd NHL game was our most dangerous player along with Raymond...2 little guys aginst a big, mean SJS team.

If our top players aren't going to show up and lead by example, changing a few bodies around won't make a difference,. Kesler and Booth were the whipping boys for much of last year and aren't the silver bullet for this team. A 60 minute effort with emotion and intensity would be a better fix than Kesler and Booth.

#1054 Raspberries

Raspberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

My friend in America is watching the game and she said the commentator just noted how "Vancouver is a nice city but..." this period is a fine example of why the Canucks are so hated by everyone outside of their city (paraphrase)

haha

HUH/ And San Jose wasn't fighting or cheap shotting anyone?? That commentator is a massive idiot.

#1055 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

awful game.

#1056 #RyanKesler17

#RyanKesler17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

I think volpatti played a solid game. Through big hits.

#1057 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

.....LOU was starting next game even if this game was a win.

no s--t that's exactly what i said lol, strong reading skills

#1058 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

On the bright side, at least our guys were sticking up for eachother and we got to see mad face Bieksa again!

#1059 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

no s--t that's exactly what i said lol, strong reading skills

RE-READ Sherlock I Said even if they win .You on the other hand did not!!!!!

#1060 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Ebbett and LaPierre sit next game.

bring in Vandermeer/ Malhotra....

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Higgins-Burrows-Hansen
Raymond-Schroeder-Volpatti
Vandermeer-Malhotra-Wiese

our TOP 4 D was atrocious again tonight outside of Bieksas fight at the end of the game when it didn't even matter.

Edler looks like he could care less, garrison w/ a real stinker and Hamhuis has been a liability in almost every game this year.

This team never seems to be prepared to play hard until there down by a couple goals.

At some point the Coach needs to fire up the boys or get fired . For years now the Canucks have these total flat starts where they look stoned.

Its like groundhog day.

Edited by D.J Ball, 27 January 2013 - 09:07 PM.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#1061 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

On the bright side, at least our guys were sticking up for each other and we got to see mad face Bieksa again!

i agree would like to see Vandy in the lineup tho, we need him as Volpatti and Kassian arent built to battle superheavyweights every night
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#1062 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,122 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Sedins had a bad game, but they've done everything for the previous 4 games. It'd be nice if some of the other 9 forwards produced a little. Where's Higgins? where's Hansen? Where's Burrows? Where's Lapierre? Where's Weise? Where's Ebbett? Where's Schroeder?

True, yes, there's more to blame and more to address than just Daniel's uselessness tonight
Posted Image

#1063 gamasutra

gamasutra

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

These guys are still in lockout mode. Too much starbucks will do that to you.

#1064 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

i agree would like to see Vandy in the lineup tho, we need him as Volpatti and Kassian arent built to battle superheavyweights every night

There's only like 1 player in the NHL that falls into the superheavyweight category, he plays in the Eastern conference and is a total plug so I think Patty and Kass will be just fine.

#1065 panelguy

panelguy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Another slow start with the Sedins invisible again,Bieksa moving in slow motion,Edler has his head in the clouds.
They need to move on the Luu trade that's suppose to be inanimate , they need something now or it will be a even shorter season.
LA tomorrow night they better turn around these slow starts.
Come on boys !!!!

#1066 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

There's only like 1 player in the NHL that falls into the superheavyweight category, he plays in the Eastern conference and is a total plug so I think Patty and Kass will be just fine.

"i think just fine" went 0-2 in their fights tonight

we need a guy that can fight 240 lb monsters....Kassian can do alright but i would like us to have a serious thug to back them up. Bieksa canvassed to get this guy(Vandermeer) on the team so he must be the real deal.

i like Volpatti and Kassian, quickly becoming my favourites, i just want them to have one more guy as backup and considering Vandy dropped Parros and laughed fighting Lucic i say get that animal in the lineup asap.

Edited by D.J Ball, 27 January 2013 - 09:35 PM.

#1067 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

This team is sucking, we have to beat the flames in shoot outs, got an ass kicking by the ducks, lost to the oilers, had one solid win and right back to getting our butts kicked again, Sedins are in playoff forum, Schnieder has some work to do if he wants to replace Luongo, Canucks need to get their crap together you can't have slow starts with this shortend season.

I thought Schneider was for the most part outstanding tonight. This game could of been very ugly.

#1068 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

was plus 3 before this game also the entire defense is playing like garbage except ballard and tanev yet everyone wants to dump on garrison its pathetic

A +3 when the next is +2 ?? Are you really so dense that you are going to use a + stat 5 games into the season as a basis for an argument???

You ignored the question - Have you been watching the games or just pulling out a stat?

Not smashing on the guy, he doesn't look great out there. I hope it's just a gelling thing, as I'm sure no pre-season hurts him the most as he is new to the team, but he looks a bit lost out there in the defensive end (which I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the system.. but still.. I have eyes, hockey knowledge and am not ignorant enough to completely ignore it is happening)

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#1069 Swedish Vikings

Swedish Vikings

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

TRADE GARRISON FOR WEBER

#1070 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

we need a guy that can fight 240 lb monsters....Kassian can do alright but i would like us to have a serious thug to back them up. Bieksa canvassed to get this guy(Vandermeer) on the team so he must be the real deal.

i like Volpatti and Kassian, quickly becoming my favourites, i just want them to have one more guy as backup and considering Vandy dropped Parros and laughed fighting Lucic i say get that animal in the lineup asap.

Vandermeer is the same size as Patty. There isn't any room for a thug, we can't afford useless players especially when fighting ability means nothing come playoffs. The player that you seem to want just doesnt exist.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 27 January 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#1071 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Another slow start with the Sedins invisible again,Bieksa moving in slow motion,Edler has his head in the clouds.
They need to move on the Luu trade that's suppose to be inanimate , they need something now or it will be a even shorter season.
LA tomorrow night they better turn around these slow starts.
Come on boys !!!!

Again? Other than tonight they've been just fine. Daniel had 6 points in 4 games before tonight.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#1072 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Vandermeer is the same size as Patty. There isn't any room for a thug, we can't afford useless players especially when fighting ability means nothing come playoffs. The player that you seem to want just doesnt exist.

Did you watch the playoffs last year ?

:picard:

i've never seen so many fights and blatant thuggery in almost every series.

Playoffs requires thugs my friend, every year its the same, whistles go away and it turns into a street fight.

#1073 nzan

nzan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Did you watch the playoffs last year ?

:picard:

i've never seen so many fights and blatant thuggery in almost every series.

Playoffs requires thugs my friend, every year its the same, whistles go away and it turns into a street fight.

Every year it's NOT the same. Last year there were lots of fights in the playoffs, I'll give you that. On the other hand, that was the first time since the lockout that fighting didn't decrease DRASTICALLY between the regular season and the playoffs.

http://blogs.thescor...the-postseason/

"The number of fighting majors assessed in the playoffs since the lockout, drops 71.9% from the regular season to the postseason. There were 1.15 fighting majors per game handed out in regular season contests between 2006 and 2011, and just 0.32 in the playoffs."

Edited by nzan, 27 January 2013 - 10:40 PM.

#1074 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

This was a measuring stick game and the Canucks didn't measure up. At all. A real pathetic attempt to measure up to a good team, actually. Good grief. The Sedins are too small and weak to be very effective anymore and there is absolutely nobody else on the team with any semblence of 1st line ability to carry the team offensively.

What a depressing game.

The canucks had a terrible first period but quite simply luck wasn't on our side tonight I count 5 goalposts that we hit. With the canucks missing 2/3 of their 2nd line and 4 games in this is hardly a measuring stick game. As for the sedins being too small and weak please refer to the 2011 playoff run against ur so called good team. Give it a few weeks I guarantee you the sharks are no match for the canucks.

#1075 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Yeah guys like ben eager and john scott are REAL effective in the playoffs taking stupid penalties and can't skate to save their lives

#1076 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

Schroeder once again played well.

Honestly looks just as good if not better than Cody was last year, the Kids Proving he belongs.

zackass.png

#1077 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

Schroeder once again played well.

Honestly looks just as good if not better than Cody was last year, the Kids Proving he belongs.

Agree completely, Schroeder better be in the line-up over Ebbett when Manny is re-inserted.

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.