The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schroeder - SOTW 108 entry

elvis15

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I cut the render from the original picture, and I liked the fonts but was thinking of shrinking the height of the text a bit. I played around with a few different placements for the render but when zoomed in to make it larger it lost some of the 'movement'. Still it does make Schroeder look small - something he doesn't need help with.

EDIT: v2

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.png

Resized Schroeder and brightened him up slightly. Moved the background around to hopefully help give the render a perception of being bigger instead of smaller as well, and shrunk the height of the text to make it fit just a bit better.

Hmm, first thing I notice is the render is pretty dark and doesn't stand out much. Duplicate the render and set it to screen and play around with opacity. I really like the reflection that is behind him but I think it would be better if the background image was smaller and the render itself was bigger. Also, I'm not a big fan of the text, it's pretty much the only thing that really stands out and make it little smaller and maybe move it down a little and then blur the player behind Schroeder.

A lighter version (background). Hard to resize Schroeder to much without losing most of his pose. Not seeing the bottom half of his body at all would change the way you see him, and I wanted to still capture the action of him cutting around to his right.

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.png

I did play with the text before but hadn't tried much with moving it down. It always seemed to leave too much background open when I tried it, but I flipped the overlay and I think it works much better down further. It could be a little smaller still in relation to the render but it's not a big sig, so I didn't want to get too small.

Archived