177 replies to this topic

#61 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

This game shows that the Canucks are some ways off from being a contender in the West. Fortunately, they play in one of the weakest divisions in the league. Sharks dominated in all areas of the game, it wasn't close.

Lets be honest here, this team has no hope in the playoffs the way it is now, even with Kesler and Booth returning.

Truth.

Too many scrubs on the team. A miracle for this team to go far this season.

Posted Image

#62 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Agree with posters who question the toughness. It's better than last year, but still inadequate.

Of our skaters tonite, I count perhaps 7 guys who'll drop the mitts, (when it's called for). Eleven guys who'll NEVER scrap. Those players get forced to the fringes. The other 7 are running around like UN peacekeepers, looking after them.

Whatever deals we make prior to the PO's, hopefully MG will further address this area. Would prefer AT LEAST half the lineup to play with grit & attitude, yet still remaining disciplined. It's a man's game, isn't it?

#63 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

My line-up for tomorrow's game:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Raymond - Schroder - Burrows
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen
Volpatti - Malhotra - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Garrison - Edler
Ballard - Tanev

Luongo
Schneider

Providing lapierres ankle and groin are ok, I agree, we need to get his confidence back

#64 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Oh well at least we ended Marleau's streak. Bring on the Kings.

canucks141.png

#65 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

hought that Schroeder played a good game, burrows looked good. I have no frickin idea why AV had ebbet on the PK, he looked lost and his man scored or set up the goals when he was out.

Kassian didn't have a great game, think that's why the twins didn't play well. He was weak on the boards and lost almost all the battles for the puck. It just looks like he gives up on the puck and doesn't use body positioning well. Had decent hands in open areas but the twins need a player that can dig pucks out.

#66 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,511 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Agree with posters who question the toughness. It's better than last year, but still inadequate.

Of our skaters tonite, I count perhaps 7 guys who'll drop the mitts, (when it's called for). Eleven guys who'll NEVER scrap. Those players get forced to the fringes. The other 7 are running around like UN peacekeepers, looking after them.

Whatever deals we make prior to the PO's, hopefully MG will further address this area. Would prefer AT LEAST half the lineup to play with grit & attitude, yet still remaining disciplined. It's a man's game, isn't it?

grit doesn't just mean dropping the gloves all the times meaning dealing out some hits going to the front of the net and battling along the boards

#67 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Wait, so he gets a break because the defense was terrible, but when this happens to Luongo it's choke city, and you guys start a petition to get him traded. Man, the mentality of some of you guys...

Uhh, no. We know how Luongo gets treated, and we don't want these people blaming Luongo for everything start doing the same to Schneider. It's has already happened.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#68 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,416 posts

Weise's shot is pathetic, weak and inaccurate, get him off the third line.

I think he is really there to protect Schroeder and Raymond

#69 RB33

RB33

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Wait, so he gets a break because the defense was terrible, but when this happens to Luongo it's choke city, and you guys start a petition to get him traded. Man, the mentality of some of you guys...

Agree with that. Said the same thing to my "Luo Hater" buddy on the weak goal Schnieder let in, and he of course defended him.

#70 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

:picard:

#71 VAN_FAN_MATT

VAN_FAN_MATT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Missing Salo (already piling up points in Tampa) ... Garrison hasn't been good yet. Hope he is not another garbage from Florida :|

Including tonights game, Salo's got 0 goals 5 assists and is a +9 in 5 games. He's also hitting the net with his shots.

#72 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Agree with that. Said the same thing to my "Luo Hater" buddy on the weak goal Schnieder let in, and he of course defended him.

You have to understand the reason people don't like Lou has nothing to do with regular season play. People that start bitching about Cory letting in a soft goal in the reg season just don't get it.

#73 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,511 posts

of the 4 goals schneider probably should of had the 2nd one other than that 2 of them were brutal giveaways and 1 was a lucky bounce and to be honest schneider looks calmer in this start to the season then luongo has no offense just an observation

#74 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

:picard:

#75 VancouverStyle

VancouverStyle

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Our team had a bad game tonight, we sure didn't play like a team. However there was a couple
of positives we can take from this game, The Ballard - Tanev pairing is still working really well
together, and Kassian is a big boy who is a willing combatant. He is becoming one of my fav
Canucks...

#76 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Missing Salo (already piling up points in Tampa) ... Garrison hasn't been good yet. Hope he is not another garbage from Florida :|

#77 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Our team had a bad game tonight, we sure didn't play like a team. However there was a couple
of positives we can take from this game, The Ballard - Tanev pairing is still working really well
together, and Kassian is a big boy who is a willing combatant. He is becoming one of my fav
Canucks...

Did you see kassian loose almost all the battles along the boards for the puck?

#78 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

We are no match against teams like the Sharks, Flyers, Bruins, L.A, St. Louis etc. Teams that are BIG AND TOUGH.
Good news is that we are in the NW division, one of the weakest division in the league! yea!

Lol
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#79 Canucksftw0205

Canucksftw0205

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

No one better blame this one on Schneider! I feel so bad for the guy being hung out to dry by our defense today. Can we just clone Tanev already?

I had the same thought. I saw most of the game and caught the first 3 goals. Those goals were not Cory's fault. He played very well, but our team was just sloppy (and the blame can be spread to pretty much the whole team) and I really think the team hung him out to dry. We've got some major re-evaluating and tweaking to do. And I love Edler, but that second goal was entirely his fault.
Respect your Edler! Posted Image

#80 VAN_FAN_MATT

VAN_FAN_MATT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

grit doesn't just mean dropping the gloves all the times meaning dealing out some hits going to the front of the net and battling along the boards

and out muscling opposing players.

#81 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Games like this shows how much we really missed Booth and Kesler. We are missing secondary scoring with them out. Booth should be back around mid-late February. Kesler will be back probably by late February at the earliest, if we are lucky.

However, Sharks are a garbage team, no matter how well they played so far. They choke like we know they will. It's up to us to be better than them.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#82 sulihpoeht

sulihpoeht

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

What the hell was Hansen doing crosscheck shoving the ref???? I was like :picard: seeing that replay.

I also :picard: myself after seeing that stupidass Edler giveaway go in our net. I couldn't yell the F word loud enough.

You were face palming while seeing hansen crosscheck that ref? That was hilarious ahha come on don't get too PO'd just because we lost one game tonight.
GO CANUCKS GO!

#83 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,677 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

I'm really really hoping our defense steps up and starts being the powerhouse it can be. Because we really have no true offense working at the moment.

#84 hockeywoot

hockeywoot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

I'm not too worried.
1/3 of our top-6 is out.
One of which is arguably our most important player.
(For comparisons sake...Take Carter, Richards off LA, Take Malkin, Neal/Crosby,Kunitz off Pens or
Sharp, Hossa off the Hawks.)

Kassian is going to be inconsistent.
Our team looks slow and rusty out there.

TBH. I'm more worried about our top-4 D, taking so long to get it together.
Give Ballard-Tanev more minutes.

#85 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Damn, Sharks looked scary tonight with their big boys flying. Hopefully it's just a streak or else we're in tough this season. Everyone seems to have gotten better in the west.. Canucks seem more or less the same.

Lapierre, Higgins, Garrison, Bieksa.......... horrifying nights. Screw your heads on straight for tomorrow. Sedins need to show up- were all but useless tonight.

Props to Weise, Hansen, Schroeder, and Schneids. Did their job.

D looked horrendous. Tonight was just another example of why we will NEVER be successful in the playoffs if they play like that. That's exactly what happens to us in the games we've been blown out of for the past 3-4 post seasons. Either we need an overhaul of the players back there or there is some serious issues with the system because it's too easily exposed. We looked as bad as we did in the games we got blown out by Boston, Chicago, and LA.

Despite all of this negativity, I'm hoping this is just another slow start season and the W's will begin piling up soon.

Excited to see Lu against the Kings tomorrow. Hopefully he'll have a stellar game.
Posted Image

#86 VancouverStyle

VancouverStyle

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Did you see kassian loose almost all the battles along the boards for the puck?

He had a so so game tonight, the rest of our team also had a bad game as well.

Nothing we can do now, except move onto the next game.

#87 adniel_g

adniel_g

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

I had the same thought. I saw most of the game and caught the first 3 goals. Those goals were not Cory's fault. He played very well, but our team was just sloppy (and the blame can be spread to pretty much the whole team) and I really think the team hung him out to dry. We've got some major re-evaluating and tweaking to do. And I love Edler, but that second goal was entirely his fault.

Yeah so much for our Top 5 in the NHL d corps

#88 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,084 posts

Same thing we did to the Ducks and the Ducks did to us: checked out after a couple of goals against. I've said it a few times but I'll said it again, there's going to be a lot of lopsided scorelines with all of the back-to-backs for different teams. As long as they get the split tomorrow 4 points in a 3 game road trip is always a success. Would love to see a Canucks-Sharks playoff series again.

aXmDa9t.gif

#89 Stick-in-Rink

Stick-in-Rink

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

From the first five minutes out of the game, I could tell it was going to be "one of those games." I was hoping to be proven wrong, but there was not a sense of urgency in this game.

5 Posts and the Canucks end up with a L. I hope the D shows up tomorrow (aside from 4-8) because they were nowhere to be found today. Hopefully Lu has a stellar game tomorrow. Call me bitter but its odd not having Lu as the starter. I hope we trade him soon because a goalie like him shouldn't be sitting on the bench game in and game out. He deserves better.

#90 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Didn't watch the game but seems like Schnieder had a few maybe if'y goals but still can't blame him solely. The Sharks were just all over us.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.