- Hansen
- Schneider
- Ballard & Tanev

The Bad:
- Sedins
- Lappiere
- Bieksa
- Edler

What's with the Canucks and their slow starts? did they party the night before? Cory Schneider is the only reason we werent blown out in the 1st. It looked like they were playing a scrimmage in the 1st period with their passes and no urgency.

#93 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Didn't watch the game but seems like Schnieder had a few maybe if'y goals but still can't blame him solely. The Sharks were just all over us.

Maybe.. but he made some huge stops too. The defense was really, really spotty at best this game. Really ugly give-aways, bad coverage. A problem is emerging (in my eyes) if a team gets a fore check on the D core don't see to be effective at moving the puck quickly. SJ has a good fore check game.

Edited by snolan, 27 January 2013 - 09:58 PM.

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#94 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Same thing we did to the Ducks and the Ducks did to us: checked out after a couple of goals against. I've said it a few times but I'll said it again, there's going to be a lot of lopsided scorelines with all of the back-to-backs for different teams. As long as they get the split tomorrow 4 points in a 3 game road trip is always a success. Would love to see a Canucks-Sharks playoff series again.

Not me...

That series would have been long and gruesome if Thornton didn't get injured. Take into consideration that Logan Couture is now two years older and that much better, and that they added Brent Burns to their backend, no thanks.

I would rather see SJS battle out a younger version of themselves in STL and that they beat the crap out of each other until one come limping out before we face either.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#95 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Okay.

We found a second California Gurl! Her name is Ryane Clowe!

P.S. I would definitely like to see Corey Perry make a video of California Gurls.
Are Katy and Corey somehow related?
Posted Image

#96 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Okay.

We found a second California Gurl! Her name is Ryane Clowe!

P.S. I would definitely like to see Corey Perry make a video of California Gurls.
Are Katy and Corey somehow related?

?

#97 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,442 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

If we do end up facing the Sharks i hope its not until the 2nd or 3rd round if either of these teams make it that far.. With all their tops guns playing in Europe and this condensed season there are bound to be some extra tired bodies on that team.. So if we can avoid facing them in the 1st round id be very happy cause they look damn good.

#98 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Maybe.. but he made some huge stops too. The defense was really, really spotty at best this game. Really ugly give-aways, bad coverage. A problem is emerging (in my eyes) if a team gets a fore check on the D core don't see to be effective at moving the puck quickly. SJ has a good fore check game.

Nope, the defense problem is not emerging, has been, even when Luongo was in net....Funny your trying to say it was solid before now.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#99 thad

thad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Those saying we got pushed around in this game are on glue. We nearly doubled them in hits (30-16) and stuck up for ourselves fighting their 2 toughest guys with no hesitation. We played as the toughest team tonight no question about that. We just lost a special teams battle and their snipers scored while ours didnt.

Other than the first five minutes, I liked the way we played we just didnt get the bounces, It happens. 9 times outta 10 we win the special teams filled games over the past 5 years. Ill accept this loss because we played well physically.

#100 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

Bieksa, Edler, Garrison... use your brain and play some better defence

#101 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Well we lost the game in the first 5 minutes. Two give aways RIGHT to the other team's scorer right in the slot? Game over.

We didn't play too badly for the rest of the game in my opinion. We could've had a good chance to win it if Garrison and Edler didn't give gifts to the sharks.

#102 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,187 posts

I still think the team needs a coaching change. I even thought this during the cuprun. They are lacking the mental toughness and preparedness a coach should be giving them on gameday. I have never seen a team that is so inconsistent in that regard, its like russian roulette which team will show up night after night, but I can guarantee it wont hardly ever be a team that plays a full 60 minutes.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#103 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Watch the TSN highlight and tell me if Hansen got away with one ... could have been ejected for giving the ref a cross check before the game.

#104 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Sorry, this is not an assumption. It is a fact.

Oh, wow. You know everything that will happen huh. So whose gonna win the cup this year? Since your prediction is obviously a "fact". We'll see when the Canucks oust the Sharks in the playoffs this year. It's one thing to play big and tough in the regular season, and another to do the same in the playoffs, remember that.

Edited by RyanKeslord17, 27 January 2013 - 10:14 PM.

Posted Image

#105 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

I still think the team needs a coaching change. I even thought this during the cuprun. They are lacking the mental toughness and preparedness a coach should be giving them on gameday. I have never seen a team that is so inconsistent in that regard, its like russian roulette which team will show up night after night, but I can guarantee it wont hardly ever be a team that plays a full 60 minutes.

You may be right on the coach change but a scarier thought is that this is all these players are capable of. THey won the PC because of goaltending. They were only in teh Boston series in teh SCF because of goaltending in some games...when it wasn't there, they got blown out!!

I have not been an AV fan but I am starting to think this team needs to make a big move involving some of it's core players and bring in some tenacious, proven talent instead of the reclamation projects in the hope they can capture past glory. Players that amp-up their game in the playoffs versus disappearing.

Who do you think we could get for the Sedins and Lu in a package?

#106 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Nope, the defense problem is not emerging, has been, even when Luongo was in net....Funny your trying to say it was solid before now.

You said you didn't watch the game yet you are challenging people's opinion that did? Lets just say that in this game (the game you didn't watch) the Canucks defense was setting up the sharks forwards with stick to stick passes in the slot.

#107 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

You may be right on the coach change but a scarier thought is that this is all these players are capable of. THey won the PC because of goaltending. They were only in teh Boston series in teh SCF because of goaltending in some games...when it wasn't there, they got blown out!!

I have not been an AV fan but I am starting to think this team needs to make a big move involving some of it's core players and bring in some tenacious, proven talent instead of the reclamation projects in the hope they can capture past glory. Players that amp-up their game in the playoffs versus disappearing.

Who do you think we could get for the Sedins and Lu in a package?

Can you say money ball? LOL

#108 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Are you trolling or just a retard? I'm not sure, as you state you didn't watch the game and then act like you know how the defense played this game? You are named 'cmpunk' so I'm guessing the latter.

The D IS usually fairly strong (you don't finish top 5 in the GA/G category for 2 years running with a bad D?) . This game was particularly tough and it was mainly due to a fore-check, lots and lots of cough ups which led to Schneider making a lot of good saves but overall the score was about what it should have been due to somewhat iff-y goals.

Edited by snolan, 27 January 2013 - 10:18 PM.

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

#109 Brad Marchand

Brad Marchand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,037 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

One positive from this game - the Higgins-Burrows-Hansen line had some jump in their step. Was the only line consistently creating chances. Scored once, and hit two posts.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Luc Bourdon & Rick Rypien: Forever Canucks

#110 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Good Canucks Army recap: http://canucksarmy.c...and-chance-data

- By far Vancouver's best pairing through five games has been the Chris Tanev, Keith Ballard pairing. On the one hand it's good that Ballard is having some success and that Tanev remains his usual, ho-hum, steady-as-frack self. On the other hand, it's kind of like how Dale Weise, Zack Kassian and Mason Raymond are Vancouver's three best forwards so far this season: cool, but also a testament to the fact that the principals look out of sync.

- Finally, Jordan Schroeder was Vancouver's best forward on Sunday night, taking three scoring chances and only missing out on his first goal by a fraction of an inch. He was out-matched in the faceoff circle however, and as a result of the glut of Vancouver penalties saw his ice-time drop well below fourteen minutes for the first time in his three NHL games.

I hope to never see anyone complain about Canucks depth this yr - they've been the only ones showing up consistently to games this season.

Edited by RunningWild, 27 January 2013 - 10:28 PM.

#111 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Are you trolling or just a retard? I'm not sure, as you state you didn't watch the game and then act like you know how the defense played this game? You are named 'cmpunk' so I'm guessing the latter.

The D IS usually fairly strong (you don't finish top 5 in the GA/G category for 2 years running with a bad D?) . This game was particularly tough and it was mainly due to a fore-check, lots and lots of cough ups which led to Schneider making a lot of good saves but overall the score was about what it should have been due to somewhat iff-y goals.

The only goal that I thought could be called iff-y was the last. But it was a blast from the point on the PP with a screen in front. It's the type of goal that goes in every day in the NHL and I've see a lot go by Lou just the same.

Edited by Nino, 27 January 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#112 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

You said you didn't watch the game yet you are challenging people's opinion that did? Lets just say that in this game (the game you didn't watch) the Canucks defense was setting up the sharks forwards with stick to stick passes in the slot.

No, you said the defense problem is emerging in your eyes as if it was never a problem. I said it's always been a problem for a while. I've seen this defense you saw tonight in many games over the years.

What does that have to do with me watching the game or not? I didn't once question ur opinion of tonight's game, I almost agreed with u.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#113 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

No, you said the defense problem is emerging in your eyes as if it was never a problem. I said it's always been a problem for a while. I've seen this defense you saw tonight in many games over the years.

What does that have to do with me watching the game or not? I didn't once question ur opinion of tonight's game, I almost agreed with u.

No I didn't say that it was another poster.

#114 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

I'm a retard then what are you white trash? I've seen the highlights and have watched many games over the years that from which I know how the d played. I've seen games like this many times before from the defense.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#115 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Wrong person dip crap..

So it's "always been a problem for awhile" isn't that contradictory in the least? Just go to bed kid.... let the rage subside, and let the grown ups talk.

Every team has games - but this is a new season and this fore-check really shredded the D - but as stated, you didn't see the game so you don't have a perspective on it. You could state that you think the D stinks regularly based on prior games (in which case you'd be wrong, but hey, everyone gets their opinion)

#116 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

I actually like AV, but I do agree it's time we need a new coach. I keep seeing the same old thing from this team. They need to wake up, and I think only a coaching change can do that now.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#117 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

I replied to you so it was you who said it lol. Anyways that's what I'm trying to say from a guy who saw the highlights and based on that I already know what kind of game it was from the defense.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#118 gaydar

gaydar

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

I like how multiple posters in here are getting on SJ for "peaking early", as if they are doing something wrong by going 5-0. Those stupid Sharks, Hawks, and Blues sure need to slow down and start losing some games or they're in trouble!

#119 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Wrong person dip crap..

So it's "always been a problem for awhile" isn't that contradictory in the least? Just go to bed kid.... let the rage subside, and let the grown ups talk.

Every team has games - but this is a new season and this fore-check really shredded the D - but as stated, you didn't see the game so you don't have a perspective on it. You could state that you think the D stinks regularly based on prior games (in which case you'd be wrong, but hey, everyone gets their opinion)

Your a loser then if you call yourself a grown up and you sit on the internet. Do you work? probably not, if you did you would be in bed right now instead of here, if you consider yourself a mature adult. Clearly your not, clown.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#120 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,695 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

I'm not too worried.
1/3 of our top-6 is out.
One of which is arguably our most important player.
(For comparisons sake...Take Carter, Richards off LA, Take Malkin, Neal/Crosby,Kunitz off Pens or
Sharp, Hossa off the Hawks.)

Kassian is going to be inconsistent.
Our team looks slow and rusty out there.

TBH. I'm more worried about our top-4 D, taking so long to get it together.
Give Ballard-Tanev more minutes.

while kes and booth are out, the important thing is the team defense. with lack of secondary scoring, they have to play tight and keep the goals against low. when they do, they will have a chance to win.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.