The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Sharks-Canucks

Apricot

Games like this shows how much we really missed Booth and Kesler. We are missing secondary scoring with them out. Booth should be back around mid-late February. Kesler will be back probably by late February at the earliest, if we are lucky.

However, Sharks are a garbage team, no matter how well they played so far. They choke like we know they will. It's up to us to be better than them.

I'm not too worried.

1/3 of our top-6 is out.

One of which is arguably our most important player.

(For comparisons sake...Take Carter, Richards off LA, Take Malkin, Neal/Crosby,Kunitz off Pens or

Sharp, Hossa off the Hawks.)

Kassian is going to be inconsistent.

Our team looks slow and rusty out there.

TBH. I'm more worried about our top-4 D, taking so long to get it together.

Give Ballard-Tanev more minutes.

Damn, Sharks looked scary tonight with their big boys flying. Hopefully it's just a streak or else we're in tough this season. Everyone seems to have gotten better in the west.. Canucks seem more or less the same.

Lapierre, Higgins, Garrison, Bieksa.......... horrifying nights. Screw your heads on straight for tomorrow. Sedins need to show up- were all but useless tonight.

Props to Weise, Hansen, Schroeder, and Schneids. Did their job.

D looked horrendous. Tonight was just another example of why we will NEVER be successful in the playoffs if they play like that. That's exactly what happens to us in the games we've been blown out of for the past 3-4 post seasons. Either we need an overhaul of the players back there or there is some serious issues with the system because it's too easily exposed. We looked as bad as we did in the games we got blown out by Boston, Chicago, and LA.

Despite all of this negativity, I'm hoping this is just another slow start season and the W's will begin piling up soon.

Excited to see Lu against the Kings tomorrow. Hopefully he'll have a stellar game.

I had the same thought. I saw most of the game and caught the first 3 goals. Those goals were not Cory's fault. He played very well, but our team was just sloppy (and the blame can be spread to pretty much the whole team) and I really think the team hung him out to dry. We've got some major re-evaluating and tweaking to do. And I love Edler, but that second goal was entirely his fault.

Same thing we did to the Ducks and the Ducks did to us: checked out after a couple of goals against. I've said it a few times but I'll said it again, there's going to be a lot of lopsided scorelines with all of the back-to-backs for different teams. As long as they get the split tomorrow 4 points in a 3 game road trip is always a success. Would love to see a Canucks-Sharks playoff series again.

From the first five minutes out of the game, I could tell it was going to be "one of those games." I was hoping to be proven wrong, but there was not a sense of urgency in this game.

5 Posts and the Canucks end up with a L. I hope the D shows up tomorrow (aside from 4-8) because they were nowhere to be found today. Hopefully Lu has a stellar game tomorrow. Call me bitter but its odd not having Lu as the starter. I hope we trade him soon because a goalie like him shouldn't be sitting on the bench game in and game out. He deserves better.

The Good:

- Schroeder

- Burrows

- Hansen

- Schneider

- Ballard & Tanev

The Bad:

- Sedins

- Lappiere

- Bieksa

- Edler

What's with the Canucks and their slow starts? did they party the night before? Cory Schneider is the only reason we werent blown out in the 1st. It looked like they were playing a scrimmage in the 1st period with their passes and no urgency.

Same thing we did to the Ducks and the Ducks did to us: checked out after a couple of goals against. I've said it a few times but I'll said it again, there's going to be a lot of lopsided scorelines with all of the back-to-backs for different teams. As long as they get the split tomorrow 4 points in a 3 game road trip is always a success. Would love to see a Canucks-Sharks playoff series again.

If we do end up facing the Sharks i hope its not until the 2nd or 3rd round if either of these teams make it that far.. With all their tops guns playing in Europe and this condensed season there are bound to be some extra tired bodies on that team.. So if we can avoid facing them in the 1st round id be very happy cause they look damn good.

Maybe.. but he made some huge stops too. The defense was really, really spotty at best this game. Really ugly give-aways, bad coverage. A problem is emerging (in my eyes) if a team gets a fore check on the D core don't see to be effective at moving the puck quickly. SJ has a good fore check game.

Those saying we got pushed around in this game are on glue. We nearly doubled them in hits (30-16) and stuck up for ourselves fighting their 2 toughest guys with no hesitation. We played as the toughest team tonight no question about that. We just lost a special teams battle and their snipers scored while ours didnt.

Other than the first five minutes, I liked the way we played we just didnt get the bounces, It happens. 9 times outta 10 we win the special teams filled games over the past 5 years. Ill accept this loss because we played well physically.

Archived