The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Sharks-Canucks

Apricot

Well we lost the game in the first 5 minutes. Two give aways RIGHT to the other team's scorer right in the slot? Game over.

We didn't play too badly for the rest of the game in my opinion. We could've had a good chance to win it if Garrison and Edler didn't give gifts to the sharks.

I still think the team needs a coaching change. I even thought this during the cuprun. They are lacking the mental toughness and preparedness a coach should be giving them on gameday. I have never seen a team that is so inconsistent in that regard, its like russian roulette which team will show up night after night, but I can guarantee it wont hardly ever be a team that plays a full 60 minutes.

I still think the team needs a coaching change. I even thought this during the cuprun. They are lacking the mental toughness and preparedness a coach should be giving them on gameday. I have never seen a team that is so inconsistent in that regard, its like russian roulette which team will show up night after night, but I can guarantee it wont hardly ever be a team that plays a full 60 minutes.

You may be right on the coach change but a scarier thought is that this is all these players are capable of. THey won the PC because of goaltending. They were only in teh Boston series in teh SCF because of goaltending in some games...when it wasn't there, they got blown out!!

I have not been an AV fan but I am starting to think this team needs to make a big move involving some of it's core players and bring in some tenacious, proven talent instead of the reclamation projects in the hope they can capture past glory. Players that amp-up their game in the playoffs versus disappearing.

Who do you think we could get for the Sedins and Lu in a package?

Good Canucks Army recap: http://canucksarmy.c...and-chance-data

- By far Vancouver's best pairing through five games has been the Chris Tanev, Keith Ballard pairing. On the one hand it's good that Ballard is having some success and that Tanev remains his usual, ho-hum, steady-as-frack self. On the other hand, it's kind of like how Dale Weise, Zack Kassian and Mason Raymond are Vancouver's three best forwards so far this season: cool, but also a testament to the fact that the principals look out of sync.

Are you trolling or just a retard? I'm not sure, as you state you didn't watch the game and then act like you know how the defense played this game? You are named 'cmpunk' so I'm guessing the latter.

The D IS usually fairly strong (you don't finish top 5 in the GA/G category for 2 years running with a bad D?) . This game was particularly tough and it was mainly due to a fore-check, lots and lots of cough ups which led to Schneider making a lot of good saves but overall the score was about what it should have been due to somewhat iff-y goals.

You said you didn't watch the game yet you are challenging people's opinion that did? Lets just say that in this game (the game you didn't watch) the Canucks defense was setting up the sharks forwards with stick to stick passes in the slot.

No, you said the defense problem is emerging in your eyes as if it was never a problem. I said it's always been a problem for a while. I've seen this defense you saw tonight in many games over the years.

What does that have to do with me watching the game or not? I didn't once question ur opinion of tonight's game, I almost agreed with u.

Are you trolling or just a retard? I'm not sure, as you state you didn't watch the game and then act like you know how the defense played this game? You are named 'cmpunk' so I'm guessing the latter.

The D IS usually fairly strong (you don't finish top 5 in the GA/G category for 2 years running with a bad D?) . This game was particularly tough and it was mainly due to a fore-check, lots and lots of cough ups which led to Schneider making a lot of good saves but overall the score was about what it should have been due to somewhat iff-y goals.

No, you said the defense problem is emerging in your eyes as if it was never a problem. I said it's always been a problem for a while. I've seen this defense you saw tonight in many games over the years.

What does that have to do with me watching the game or not? I didn't once question ur opinion of tonight's game, I almost agreed with u.

I like how multiple posters in here are getting on SJ for "peaking early", as if they are doing something wrong by going 5-0. Those stupid Sharks, Hawks, and Blues sure need to slow down and start losing some games or they're in trouble!

Wrong person dip crap..

So it's "always been a problem for awhile" isn't that contradictory in the least? Just go to bed kid.... let the rage subside, and let the grown ups talk.

Every team has games - but this is a new season and this fore-check really shredded the D - but as stated, you didn't see the game so you don't have a perspective on it. You could state that you think the D stinks regularly based on prior games (in which case you'd be wrong, but hey, everyone gets their opinion)

I'm not too worried.

1/3 of our top-6 is out.

One of which is arguably our most important player.

(For comparisons sake...Take Carter, Richards off LA, Take Malkin, Neal/Crosby,Kunitz off Pens or

Sharp, Hossa off the Hawks.)

Kassian is going to be inconsistent.

Our team looks slow and rusty out there.

TBH. I'm more worried about our top-4 D, taking so long to get it together.

Give Ballard-Tanev more minutes.

Archived