Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Another Great Schneider Start - Who starts next?

67 posts in this topic

Just wanted to post out of frustration as we have been discussing the goalie situation for a while here at CDC.

Tonight against the Sharks showed us yet again that Cory is not prepared to be the starter that everyone thinks he is. Moreover, I think this game showed, yet again, how Cory is not far and away better than Luongo.

With us digging deeper and deeper within a shortened season, I'm left wondering how much longer will the Cory starting experiment last? Will we begin to see a true competition for the starting position?

Theortecially, what happens when Luo starts and dominates the net (its bound to happen in a season), will AV allow him to continue starting. As a paying fan I first and foremost want the team to win, I don't care who starts, but when we have a team that is committed to a goaltender that is clearly not ready, we have a problem?

Thoughts?

Luongo starts tomorrow.

Even if Schneider won today, Luongo would still tomorrow since it's back to back. Kinda obvious..

Patrick Roy could've been in net, if the team in front of him was playing like the Canucks did tonight the situation would've been the same.

Not a great game by Schneids but it wasn't anywhere near all on him, Luongo is starting tomorrow and would have been anyways it's back to back

So Luo starts tommorow (you're all right, he would have anyways), what happens if he plays lights-out? What then?

P.S. Wake up, he wasn't great by any stretch (4th goal was ugly!).

San Jose is off to a great start on this shortened season.

The Canucks are missing 2 of its top 6 players.

I was expecting our team to stumble of the gate to start the season.

When are Kesler and Booth expected to return again?

So Luo starts tommorow (you're all right, he would have anyways), what happens if he plays lights-out? What then?

I actually would've thought Luongo would start tonight instead of Schneider but it's PRETTY DAMN OBVIOUS that on a back to back night, the other goalie would start the following game after the first goalie gets a start.

It's like asking Calgary who would start tomorrow if Kiprusoff just played tonight. Definitely not Kipper because he's old and any goalie can't handle back to back nights, especially on the road.

omgz.....what if lu starts tomorrow (would anyway) and we win?!?!?

OMGZ!! what if he starts and get lit by the kings???? you know? the team that beat us last year in the playoffs????

oh the media! oh the controversy!!

head explosions everywhere!!!!!!!!

If Luongo plays lights out, it'll be a decision on AV on who gives the Canucks a better chance to win at home against the Avs, and then the Blackhawks. Obviously Schneider is the man that most people are counting on him getting the start. But Luongo does play better at home against the Hawks than in Chicago.