The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Another Great Schneider Start - Who starts next?

The Creature Blue Lagoon

WTF.. we'll you sure fooled me with the thread title... Are you serious ?? This is a pure troll post right?? This can't be real can it? You must be out of your mind. Schneider was fantastic i thought. this game really could of been out of hand, he kept it respectiful. Hey the OP must be 13 or something tho,,, only logical explanation i can come up with cause he is an idiot.

Schneider was solid in goaltending. I predicted the score as being more of 4-3 for Sharks or Canucks.

Sharks are a highly offensive team, and their power plays are impeccable, as good as those of the Canucks.

We matched up to their power play level, had we not hit the crossbar on every good scoring chance we have had during the man-advantages.

OP, you should take some time to read through other threads rather than post any thought that comes to mind in a new thread. We have Game Discussion Threads and Post Game Threads to talk about this sort of thing, and all the extra, individual threads do is clutter up the board for others who want to be able to find topics that aren't so redundant.

Not to single you out, but you're new, as are others who are doing the same thing (Drew1, canuktravella, dylan142...whatever) so this is just a suggestion to help you out. Don't rush to create a thread as it's very likely someone is already discussing it in another thread.

So were you one of the people screaming cuz MG didnt trade away Loui for a salary dump and a bag of pucks? Put yourself in thier shoes when your Dman sets up a forward from the other team right in the slot. Oh wait you have probably never even worn a peice of equipment no need to just sitting on the COUCH! We are one of the luckiest teams when it comes to goaltending. Your post is that of a true bandwagon fan enough hockey knowledge to cheer when we win and not enough to keep yourself from looking STUPID when we lose.

People who turn on Schneider over THIS game (where he actually played well, as opposed to the Ducks game last week), really shouldn't complain about people who turned on Luongo. Im a massive Luongo fan and always have felt he was treated unfairly and overly blamed for team losses, but this was a game where our defensive coverage left Cory out to dry. It isn't even partially his fault. The only way it can be the goalie's fault is if the offense is clicking, the d is doing their job and the goalie is letting in softies. If your goalie makes multiple big saves and doesn't let in too many softies, but your D is completely incompetent, you should blame the D or the coach, not the goalie.

Sheesh.

Schneider played well tonight, very little he could have done on any of those goals. The only thing ugly about the fourth goal was the defensive coverage out front; good pass, great shot. Third goal was a heartbreaker as he virtually killed that penalty himself.

I wouldn't be surprised to see either goalie tomorrow. It isn't exactly unheard of to play back to back games, not certain why people are focusing on that. I could see Lu going in as that seems logical, but AV might throw CS back in to show confidence and reward him for playing as well as he did tonight. CS did play great against LA in the playoffs. There might be a statement to be made there.

I'm sorry but if people think Schneider is better than Luongo purely because of his stats from last year, look at those stats now. Schneider is the new Luongo - he's showing that he's incredibly inconsistent (1 blowout loss, 1 shutout and 1 bad loss) which used to be the nack on Luongo, and has horrible stats so far

Just wanted to post out of frustration as we have been discussing the goalie situation for a while here at CDC.

Tonight against the Sharks showed us yet again that Cory is not prepared to be the starter that everyone thinks he is. Moreover, I think this game showed, yet again, how Cory is not far and away better than Luongo.

With us digging deeper and deeper within a shortened season, I'm left wondering how much longer will the Cory starting experiment last? Will we begin to see a true competition for the starting position?

Theortecially, what happens when Luo starts and dominates the net (its bound to happen in a season), will AV allow him to continue starting. As a paying fan I first and foremost want the team to win, I don't care who starts, but when we have a team that is committed to a goaltender that is clearly not ready, we have a problem?

Thoughts?

Schneider was only about average tonight... Not as bad as the first Anaheim game, but not nearly as good as the second Anaheim game. Luongo should have started tonight and Schneider should have started against the Kings.

The team did him no favours, to be fair, by going 0/7 on the power play, hitting the post a half dozen times and with all the giveaways!

Archived