The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sorry to say it... ...but

NWChamps

I love the Canucks, the phenomenal team with a great deal of talented players, but here's a but...

Bieksa; have to start with Bieksa, an average player with the glimpse of greatness. Whenever I watch this guy play, I get reminded of Ed Jovanovski, a solid player who has never risen to the expectation. I remember him more for all his ugly turnovers and giveaways than anything else. Bieksa is nearly the same. Not a solid second liner who is more prone to committing turnovers and giveaways than anything else... That fight at the end of the game was cute. $4.5 m per year plus the bonuses, hmm I think not!

Garrison; a solid player in Florida, but just because a player performs well on a different system, that does not mean that he will fit smoothly in the Canuck system. From watching Garrison, I see a D-man who likes to troll around the net instead of him being a solid point man with a killer shot-waiting for the one-timers. Salo was a gem in this role, but he was on the outs and we needed a solid replacement,. So far we got stuck with this dud of a player who also has a NT clause in his contract + the bonuses. Sure, it is too early in the season and Garrison needs time to develop chemistry with the rest of the team, also he did put great numbers in Florida... but, this is the Canuck system; Garrison, what have you done for me lately...!

Alex Burrows; gotta love this guy, he is intense, he is a pest and a great teammate, but at $4.5 cap hit, hmm I think not. Yes he did put the great numbers over last few seasons and he was underpaid, everyone can agree with that, but paying this guy $6 mil this season is absolutely insane. His salary might reflect his former numbers; 52 points (28G, 24A), but is he worth that, well, lets compare him to the former Canuck, Anson Carter.

Anson Carter was a former Canuck who in his 15 year NHL carer had broken a 30 goal mark only once! That was during the 2005/6 season when he was paired up on the line with the Sedins and he totalled 55 points. Carter's renewal was too steep for the Canucks and this guy was able to land $2.5 mil contract with the Columbus. Does this mean that any average player who gets paired up on the Sedin line will have a performance epiphany, well I am not sure, but whenever some newbie or average player get placed on the Twins line I get reminded of that 50 cent's song Baby by me and its famous lyric "Have a baby by me, be a millionaire..." To sum it up, Burrows is off the Sedins line and he is invisible. That is one $4.5 mill cap hit that is going to cost the Canucks.

As for Volpatti and his "fight" with Murray at the end of the Sharks game, well, that was pretty cute. It looked more like Patti was playing a role of the tormented wife and Murray was the hillbilly who was putting his woman into her place. My apologies to any domestic abuse victims out there, both past and the future. For the record, I do not support or promote any form of domestic violance. I firmly believe that a man should never hit a women, and that is where Murray crossed the line when he decided to put his hands on 'Patti.

Love Luongo, but he is overpriced, chokes in the key moments, and is a dud on the shutout. Old horse cannot learn new tricks, nor can Luongo learn how to stop a penalty shot. In a league where the shootout is becoming the norm, this guy doesn't have the "Chi". Yes we give him credit for earning us the gold medal at 2010 olympics but he almost blew that one too. Was anyone really surprised when we lost our 2:1 lead in a 3rd period with only 25 seconds to go. I wasn't. Again, I'm a Luongo fan, but... there is always the but(t).

On the positive, Kassian is a gem, a franchise player in the making. This guy will fight anyone and he is only 21. I believe that we are witnessing the arrival of second Bertuzzi except this one has more heart.

Jordan Schroeder is a little rockett. I'm looking forward to seeing this guy develop. Great things will come.

Edler, I'm not loving this $5 mil cap hit, but he does have a potential and he also doesn't have a no trade clause.

To sum it up, Bieksa, Garrison and Burrows, go earn your $$$. This community loves you but... ... what have you done for me lately!!!

Garrison had Campbell as well, which is a huge step up from Edler IMO. I think they would do well to split those two up on the PP as they both should be shooting.

it is a new system & learning is involved, so the shortened season really effects him but there are visible 'growing pains' at the moment. I don't really think anyone would expect him to drop right in without a training camp and just tear it up though.

I don't think Burrows is invisible at all, he looked like one of our better players tonight.

Hamhuis gets a pass ?

he's been suspect.

Garrison was stinker tonight but have liked what ive seen at times at least.

Edler picking up where he left off last years playoffs when he was horrible.

uninterested and not throwing any hits, almost like he spent his afternoon on a hookah.

Ebbett ? ghost . imagine in the playoffs how invisible this poor guy would be ?

LaPierre? injured, ineffective and should be resting and thinking about what a stupid selfish man he is sometimes.

my lineup next game would look like this.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Volpatti

Higgins-Burrows-Hansen

Vandermeer-Malhotra-Weise

Ballard-Tanev

Garrison-Bieksa

Hamhuis-Edler

seriously tho, its 5 games into a season that just started and some of you buffoons are getting hysterical.

I love the Canucks, the phenomenal team with a great deal of talented players, but here's a but...

Bieksa; have to start with Bieksa, an average player with the glimpse of greatness. Whenever I watch this guy play, I get reminded of Ed Jovanovski, a solid player who has never risen to the expectation. I remember him more for all his ugly turnovers and giveaways than anything else. Bieksa is nearly the same. Not a solid second liner who is more prone to committing turnovers and giveaways than anything else... That fight at the end of the game was cute. $4.5 m per year plus the bonuses, hmm I think not!

Garrison; a solid player in Florida, but just because a player performs well on a different system, that does not mean that he will fit smoothly in the Canuck system. From watching Garrison, I see a D-man who likes to troll around the net instead of him being a solid point man with a killer shot-waiting for the one-timers. Salo was a gem in this role, but he was on the outs and we needed a solid replacement,. So far we got stuck with this dud of a player who also has a NT clause in his contract + the bonuses. Sure, it is too early in the season and Garrison needs time to develop chemistry with the rest of the team, also he did put great numbers in Florida... but, this is the Canuck system; Garrison, what have you done for me lately...!

Alex Burrows; gotta love this guy, he is intense, he is a pest and a great teammate, but at $4.5 cap hit, hmm I think not. Yes he did put the great numbers over last few seasons and he was underpaid, everyone can agree with that, but paying this guy $6 mil this season is absolutely insane. His salary might reflect his former numbers; 52 points (28G, 24A), but is he worth that, well, lets compare him to the former Canuck, Anson Carter.

Anson Carter was a former Canuck who in his 15 year NHL carer had broken a 30 goal mark only once! That was during the 2005/6 season when he was paired up on the line with the Sedins and he totalled 55 points. Carter's renewal was too steep for the Canucks and this guy was able to land $2.5 mil contract with the Columbus. Does this mean that any average player who gets paired up on the Sedin line will have a performance epiphany, well I am not sure, but whenever some newbie or average player get placed on the Twins line I get reminded of that 50 cent's song Baby by me and its famous lyric "Have a baby by me, be a millionaire..." To sum it up, Burrows is off the Sedins line and he is invisible. That is one $4.5 mill cap hit that is going to cost the Canucks.

As for Volpatti and his "fight" with Murray at the end of the Sharks game, well, that was pretty cute. It looked more like Patti was playing a role of the tormented wife and Murray was the hillbilly who was putting his woman into her place. My apologies to any domestic abuse victims out there, both past and the future. For the record, I do not support or promote any form of domestic violance. I firmly believe that a man should never hit a women, and that is where Murray crossed the line when he decided to put his hands on 'Patti.

Love Luongo, but he is overpriced, chokes in the key moments, and is a dud on the shutout. Old horse cannot learn new tricks, nor can Luongo learn how to stop a penalty shot. In a league where the shootout is becoming the norm, this guy doesn't have the "Chi". Yes we give him credit for earning us the gold medal at 2010 olympics but he almost blew that one too. Was anyone really surprised when we lost our 2:1 lead in a 3rd period with only 25 seconds to go. I wasn't. Again, I'm a Luongo fan, but... there is always the but(t).

On the positive, Kassian is a gem, a franchise player in the making. This guy will fight anyone and he is only 21. I believe that we are witnessing the arrival of second Bertuzzi except this one has more heart.

Jordan Schroeder is a little rockett. I'm looking forward to seeing this guy develop. Great things will come.

Edler, I'm not loving this $5 mil cap hit, but he does have a potential and he also doesn't have a no trade clause.

To sum it up, Bieksa, Garrison and Burrows, go earn your $$$. This community loves you but... ... what have you done for me lately!!!

Bieksa just has this ackward skating/body positioning when he makes a rush up the ice i almost want to laugh everytime.. it just doesn't seem natural to him as it does others. I dno in my mind the best pairing is having an offensive d-man paired with a stay at home guy.. Doughty and Mitchell. Seems like the coaching staff has instilled it in all the guys minds except Tanev to be more offensive. I hate our pairings but don't exactly see how your gonna change them. Tanev is basically our only stay at home d-man and he's not going to get top 4 minutes. Hamhuis really needs to be told to play more defensive.

as far as i see it edler cost us the game we were down 2-0 because of his defensive gaps tonight

hamhuis seems lost and ineffective ths yr tanev is good defensively bu couldnt score if his life depended on it

ballard looks great garrison and bieska look ok as a whole our whole defense looks out of sink maybe give them some blow before the game to wake them up frackkk

Archived